Did I just spot The Kess at TI4?

#1 Edited by cloudyimpulse (225 posts) -

Tried looking for Brad all weekend long. But I think I found someone else.

#2 Edited by Hadoken101 (797 posts) -

That's Crispy and Pascual there too, I had the stream open in another tab until I heard some familiar voices being interviewed.

#3 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -
#4 Posted by benguin (14 posts) -

And @fobwashed next to Kessler, GB representin' hard at the I4!

#5 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (681 posts) -

Why was Brad not there??

#6 Posted by ttthrasher (77 posts) -
#7 Edited by EXTomar (4772 posts) -

Man why did Brad have to be a goober?! :) Anyone have the vod with time stamp for that segment?

#8 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

Traitors!

#9 Edited by TheHT (11389 posts) -

Hah! Anyone have a link to the actual segment? Time at least?

I caught a shot of Brad in the audience during the all-star match around 11 minutes in.

#10 Posted by erhard (409 posts) -

Who the hell calls him "The Kess"?

#11 Edited by Homer39 (157 posts) -

starts at 53:15

EDIT link now takes you directly to the time in the video. thanks @cloudyimpulse

#12 Posted by Hamst3r (4493 posts) -

@erhard said:

Indeed, his true name is Soup.

#13 Posted by cloudyimpulse (225 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

@erhard said:

Indeed, his true name is Soup.

I got my own nicknames for everyone. First time I've used it in the forums.

#14 Edited by Grillbar (1849 posts) -
#15 Posted by cloudyimpulse (225 posts) -
#16 Posted by TheHT (11389 posts) -

@homer39: bwahahahaha, that was delightful. Brad shoulda got in on that!

#17 Posted by Homer39 (157 posts) -
#18 Edited by cloudyimpulse (225 posts) -

Wow, those last 3 games were quick. Kind of weird. I started watching and just shrugged my shoulders and started doing other stuff while this game was going.

Just heard it in the background shouting GG. Fast and disappointing for a finals.

#19 Posted by Milkman (16851 posts) -

Who's the guy between the interviewer and Crispy? Is he another Daily DOTA dude?

#20 Posted by Fobwashed (2082 posts) -

I'm on Tee Vee!!

#21 Edited by Matt (963 posts) -

This was my easily favourite moment of TI4. We just got to our seats when Kaci casually walked up and asked to talk to us. I actually got pretty nervous but didn't completely crumble.

#22 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1140 posts) -

@matt: That was a great moment. I think all you guys did great. Would have loved to hear Kessler say something.

#23 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

@matt said:

This was easily favourite moment of TI4. We just got to our seats when Kaci casually walked up and asked to talk to us. I actually got pretty nervous but didn't completely crumble.

Obviously after all this time covering TI's she can sniff out true Dota talent even when it's trying to be all incognito, for interview purposes.

#24 Posted by BisonHero (6570 posts) -

You know that Bombcast email where a guy who has never seen the GB staff describes how he imagined them? I wish I had done that before I knew what the Daily Dota crew looked like, because it would've been hilariously wrong.

Well, I knew what Kessler looked like.

#25 Posted by Matt (963 posts) -

@bisonhero: I have to know, what did you think I look like?

#26 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

Seeing Kessler mentioned on these forums again like this is reminding me of that one time he did the Fear Gauntlet with Steve Ramirez... and that other time they made them play Farmville.

#27 Edited by PimblyCharles (1487 posts) -

It's crazy to think that duder was an intern at GB and helped make this super awesome (and dumb) series: The Fear Gauntlet

EDIT: @equitasinvictus You beat me by a minute. Great minds think alike.

#28 Posted by BisonHero (6570 posts) -

@matt: More of a shaggier haircut, thicker beard (or just long sideburns), maybe a little overweight? By which I mean you look like you're in OK shape. I'm realizing I kinda pictured you like a UK version of Ian Kelly. Also I saw you when I briefly watched the charity stream this year, so technically this particular picture was not the reveal. Ditto for Kessler and Fobwashed, whose appearance is kinda known.

But oh man, Crispy. Had that all wrong. Assumed he was white by default, because apparently I'm secret-racist. Figured him for a pretty tall, very slim dude. Light hair, shaved quite short.

Would GB users know the guy in the middle of the picture from a Daily Dota, or is he a friend of somebody's?

#30 Edited by GaspoweR (3069 posts) -

@matt: Edit I GOT IT ALL WRONG!!!

#31 Posted by GaspoweR (3069 posts) -
#32 Posted by adoggz (2069 posts) -
#33 Posted by SharkMan (658 posts) -

Crispy looks nothing like i thought.

#34 Posted by Fobwashed (2082 posts) -

@bisonhero: I couldn't grow a beard if my life depended on it =P

#35 Posted by Crispy (212 posts) -

The dude in the middle is Mark, our friend (and Brad's old college roommate).

Also, hearing my own echo (on a half-second delay) while talking totally threw me off.

#36 Posted by Humanity (9385 posts) -

Who the heck let Kessler out when he should be running errands for John Drake! No wonder Sony stock value dropped over the weekend!

#37 Posted by AMyggen (3150 posts) -

What a handsome group!

#38 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (753 posts) -

Nothing stops the Fear Gauntlet! ):

#39 Posted by development (2372 posts) -

I'm still trying to figure out which middle person is Crispy. Asian or White guy? <--if you think that's racist you have problems.

#40 Posted by Fobwashed (2082 posts) -

I'm still trying to figure out which middle person is Crispy. Asian or White guy? <--if you think that's racist you have problems.

In order, left to right.

Kessler, Myself, Crispy, Mark, Super Awesome Announcer Extraordinaire, some random dude from London.

#41 Posted by GaspoweR (3069 posts) -
#42 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7098 posts) -

@matt: More of a shaggier haircut, thicker beard (or just long sideburns), maybe a little overweight? By which I mean you look like you're in OK shape. I'm realizing I kinda pictured you like a UK version of Ian Kelly. Also I saw you when I briefly watched the charity stream this year, so technically this particular picture was not the reveal. Ditto for Kessler and Fobwashed, whose appearance is kinda known.

But oh man, Crispy. Had that all wrong. Assumed he was white by default, because apparently I'm secret-racist. Figured him for a pretty tall, very slim dude. Light hair, shaved quite short.

Would GB users know the guy in the middle of the picture from a Daily Dota, or is he a friend of somebody's?

Yeah, I always assumed Crispy was Caucasian from the avatar he uses from the Daily Dota image.

#43 Edited by BeardyDuck (90 posts) -

Brad was at the All-stars match by the way.

#44 Posted by cloudyimpulse (225 posts) -

You should definitely get a prize for spotting him through all that.

#45 Edited by GaspoweR (3069 posts) -

I just noticed just now but this should be the new Photobomb Brad photo.

QUICK! Somebody photoshop Photobombing Brad on THIS BRAD!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.