Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Dota 2 Compendium

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

I have been trying to buy the Dota 2 compendium today to find every time I try to get it I get a error on the Steam store (as in I can not add the item to a basket when I click on the buy option). Is this item still available or is it over and this is why I can not buy it?

Thank you.

gloomytangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By gloomytangent

@johnlocke: You can no longer purchase the compendium. Sorry man. Maybe check the market?

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gloomytangent:

What will I access buying the compendium from the Marketplace (i.e. will I gain access to what I would have buying the compendium from Valve or will the items given out with the compendium no longer be available to me)?

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@gloomytangent:

What will I access buying the compendium from the Marketplace (i.e. will I gain access to what I would have buying the compendium from Valve or will the items given out with the compendium no longer be available to me)?

I honestly don't think it's worth buying it at this point (even if you somehow managed to), you will get a few items but you don't really have time to level it.

gloomytangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@johnlocke: You should get everything that you would otherwise get from Valve. If you want to level it, you should also be able to buy points on the market, but you won't be able to get many of the 'freebie' points from the predictions etc. The battle booster is almost over as well, but if you just want the items you'd get from the compendium it's totally viable to just get it now.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JohnLocke

So is it basically not worth buying then as you need to level it up to get anything from it?

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By diz
    No Caption Provided

This is what the compendium spiat out with each level.

At this point, I think player cards, predictions, challenges and other levelling options are not available. Note that some of the extra "effects" are time limited and will expire at the end of July, as does the experience booster.

If you want the couriers you may be able to get them in the marketplace. Squarkins the parrot in a boat is ok by not very animated and the pudgeling is quite nice, but I think there are better ones available in the marketplace for less than the cost of the compendium.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of today (July 21), there are still 7 days of bonus left on it. If you manage to get a compendium you do get things by default like the squakins courier and other goodies but it is going to hard to build up levels to unlock everything.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah ok, thank you. I thought when you got the compendium that was it, you had everything they were giving away instantly (I was not sure what the level thing was for).

Thank you for the advise, I will not get one after all as it seems like it would be very hard work or very expensive to level it up (on top of the double fee for the marketplace purchase as most are double what Valve was selling the compendium for yesterday).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.