DOTA 2 Gamescon trailer (CGI no gameplay)

#1 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
#2 Posted by Jokers_Wild (211 posts) -

I WANT IT. I WANT IT NOW.

#3 Posted by nazer858 (131 posts) -

Loooooveeeee it, so hype! While I'm a huge fan of the blizzard art, they totally put the Valve spin on it, looks great.

#4 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Looks okay, but a Frost Archer? We haven't seen this before... Sigh.

#5 Edited by Jokers_Wild (211 posts) -
@valrog: They shouldn't use the same characters from the last game in the sequel? Oh well, guess they lose their indie cred, huh.
#6 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@Jokers_Wild: Yeah, but it just seems that there's not a single game that wouldn't feature basically the same heroes...

Off topic but kind of related: I like your avatar.
#7 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Looking gooood.

#8 Posted by picklecannon (265 posts) -

SO HYPED! DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA ALL OVER MY FACE!

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11942 posts) -

What a great trailer.

I can't understand what he says for the wise part though. "Unlock your inner ______?"

#10 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Didn't they give this the exact same treatment to the sequel of another mod of a popular game?

#11 Posted by Phonics (327 posts) -

Heh LoL-players getting angry and acting like it's a rip off. Stay free casuals.

#12 Posted by Kodo_Beast (131 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
What a great trailer.  I can't understand what he says for the wise part though. "Unlock your inner ______?"
Unlock your inner cunning :)
#13 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
What a great trailer.  I can't understand what he says for the wise part though. "Unlock your inner ______?"
Cunning? 

I love the look of that trailer and the few screenshots floating around. Can't wait to see this game in action.
#14 Posted by rmanthorp (3949 posts) -

@Jokers_Wild said:

I WANT IT. I WANT IT NOW.
#15 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@valrog said:
Looks okay, but a Frost Archer? We haven't seen this before... Sigh.
Drow ranger....the Ashe before Ashe, but I assume you're one of those people who think that WoW was the first MMO too...
#16 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero: Actually I meant that Ashe was already not so original because of the Champion that was based on Sylvanas. I'm sure Heroes of Newerth has a Frost Archer of some kind as well. But no, you just go around and assume stuff.
#17 Posted by Jokers_Wild (211 posts) -
@valrog: HoN actually had a startling burst of creativity in which they changed Drow to a spider woman.
#18 Posted by Bravestar (381 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
I assume you're one of those people who think that WoW was the first MMO too...
Why?
#19 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@valrog: HoN, doesn't have a frost archer....but as I said before, it's Drow Ranger...the original concept in DoTA.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.