Dota 2 Giant Bomb Match

#1 Edited by eagle6002 (47 posts) -

Hey guys,

I was thinking it would be fun to have a 5v5 match December 21st at 6pm. Anyone in?

EDIT: Time will be 6 pm PST (9 pm EST). Let me know if this is an issue and I can try to readjust depending on everyone's schedule.

Here is a link to my steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mjd046

Just add me as a friend.

#2 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

6pm what timezone? I'm pretty ass at the game, but I guess I could join as long as the time isn't way off for me.

#3 Posted by mortal_sb (558 posts) -

i would be in, but the date doesn't fit me. also, i'm from germany. maybe a little late.

#4 Posted by Wes899 (2126 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

6pm what timezone? I'm pretty ass at the game, but I guess I could join as long as the time isn't way off for me.
#5 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1197 posts) -

I'm confused on this. Is Dota 2 free? Is it download only? Steam? What's going on here.

#6 Posted by Management (593 posts) -

It could be fun, but wouldn't EU players lag like all hell?

#7 Posted by CheapPoison (742 posts) -

there might be enough giant bomb players on their to have an EU and a US one.

#8 Posted by Management (593 posts) -

@CheapPoison said:

there might be enough giant bomb players on their to have an EU and a US one.

I'm definitely in on the EU one if the time is right.

#9 Posted by eagle6002 (47 posts) -

6 pm PST (for US) to try to fit everyone's work schedule. It's probably a good idea to split up EU and US games. I'll try to set up the US game. Just post if you want to play.

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (12156 posts) -
@MasturbatingestBear said:

I'm confused on this. Is Dota 2 free? Is it download only? Steam? What's going on here.

Steam, currently in closed beta.
#11 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

I would be interested, just post an update on the time. I actually have that whole day off work and class, so I can make pretty much any time. Just will have to pull myself away from Star Wars for a bit...

#12 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1044 posts) -

I'm down. Just like everyone else has said, though, what time zone?

#13 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

I never remember these kind of things but if I'm online and you are missing a player feel free to invite me. My Steam ID is MrSkeleton.

#14 Posted by eagle6002 (47 posts) -

I will be on steam tonight for the dota match. Just send me a message in steam if you want to play

#15 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I would, but I suck ass.

#16 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4810 posts) -

I am fucking down. I am ready to whoop some ass up in here. Seriously, I suck though lol so I wouldn't be mad if I was like 2nd string or some shit. I will be there though!

#17 Posted by eagle6002 (47 posts) -

Last call for dota match. I will be sitting in lobby. Send me a message so I can invite you to the party

#18 Posted by jackshan (17 posts) -

Still, it appears the amount of actual beta participants is comparatively low compared to the amount of interested parties. this can be pure speculation, of course, however a fast scout of some major DotA fansites suggests invitations are out to 2-3 % of the interested population. Those numbers are definitely below I expected when Valve said it might be ramping up invitations each few days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.