Dota 2 Noob Hate

• 102 results
#101 Posted by clush (410 posts) -

I've been playing dota for like 1-2 weeks now and i'm on a little more than 30 wins. Given that i've played 25-50% of those games with duders from the GB channel, I have to say I've experienced a surprisingly little amount of hate and rage. In fact i can only recall one instance. Either I'm very lucky in my matchmaking, or it isn't half as bad as people make it out to be.

#102 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

@clush: That is generally the experience for most. When you get 10 people together, it increases the chance that 1 of them will be an idiot. You can play 5 games a night and maybe get 1 bad experience out of those 5, except people tend to only remember the bad experiences. It is always a shame when someone dwells one that one troll / bad person and lets them ruin the whole game for them. Just make sure to use the ignore button / report system whenever you come across someone nasty and just keep playing with the cool people.

#103 Posted by MAGZine (435 posts) -

@clush: In my solo MMR experience, I don't see a lot of ragers. And if they're raging in my direction, they get muted.

DotA 2 gets a bad rap from Dota 1 and especially HoN, but I find DotA 2 to be VERY tame compared to HoN.

#104 Edited by SirPsychoSexy (1327 posts) -

Of course in an online multiplayer game you are going to run into some ass holes, but it takes literally half a second to mute someone and then move on. Being afraid of people being dicks is a dumb reason to not give dota a chance.

#105 Posted by SUPER_AIDS (21 posts) -

The one thing I seemed to hear the most about dota 2 was that people give new players an endless amount of shit, and I have to admit it can be a little intimidating. I just got the game downloaded a few minutes a go and give it a chance, but I can understand how some people not want to give the game a shot when there is a perception that most of the player base is just made up of assholes. Regardless of whether its true or not, its a perception that some people may have.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.