DOTA 2 part of steam gifts?

#1 Posted by SSully (4185 posts) -

So I just got DOTA 2 for one of my gifts on steam. I thought it was a screw up, so I quickly opened the gift, and yeah I now have dota 2. Anyone experience this?

#2 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

Nope. Just coal.

#3 Posted by boots281 (9 posts) -

Yep, I got it today for completing the AYIM achievement. Definitely makes up for some of the other coupons I received.

#4 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

I've seen a bunch of people get into the Beta this way, but I'm more into coal myself.

#5 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@Ketchupp said:

Nope. Just coal.

And -25% off Valve titles.

#6 Posted by CheapPoison (731 posts) -

That's cool.

I thought there were also rumours flying around that you could craft an invite out of coal.

#7 Posted by HoM3R (206 posts) -

7 Coals get you a gift from the pile and seeing that Dota 2 invites are on that gift pile its a option.

#8 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Yes, it is. Other people have won it too.

#9 Posted by Tordah (2479 posts) -

Yes, this happened to me as well. Twas a nice surprise.

#10 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

Me too. Only thing that has been useful so far. Anyone want 25% off Paradox titles?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.