DOTA 2 scrub guild?

#1 Posted by CornBREDX (5106 posts) -

So...

I was thinking about this and gonna throw it out there.

I've been playing DOTA 2 a lot, which is something I never thought I'd say but turns out DOTA 2 is a ton of fun when you play with fun people.

I wanted to start some kind of league or something (guild? so dumb to call it that in this game haha). A guild that never takes the game to seriously and is always about having fun with the game first and foremost. Or something.

It seems like a lot people take this game really serious, and that's cool if that's your bag. You should know, though, I don't play games to be regimented and I don't care what the "best" build is for our team I care what the most fun I'm going to have playing with build is. I do try to do my best to compliment the team (I try to pick something for the team even if that doesn't always work out) but I like having fun when I play games so having a laugh at the expense of a tower is ok with me. As long as its all in fun... and I don't mean griefing the other team or being mean to others, fun. Just having fun- which as I say it I realize is different to different people.

Does is it even make sense what I'm getting at here?

Anyway, if there are other like minded DOTA players out there we should start a regular group or something. Although, I have found its rough finding a good time for everybody to play so this will probably never pan out, but at least I got the stupid thought out there into the ethos where everyone can tell me what a bad idea it is =P

#2 Posted by Slag (4250 posts) -
#3 Edited by CornBREDX (5106 posts) -

@slag: I did, no one ever plays in that group

#4 Edited by fodigga (123 posts) -

I do think it makes more sense to have an actual dota 2 guild rather than a general steam group. And you're right that hardly anyone ever plays from that Shoemaker's Army group.

#5 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

No one is ever in the Client Chat. I feel bad that when someone does show up and invites me, I'm getting off after playing a couple of games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.