DOTA Disappointment

#1 Edited by benstewart84 (22 posts) -

So last night I played one game with my fellow duders, and it was the first time I have come away from the game with a negative feeling.

I am a n00b with around 22 games under by belt now. In all of those games I've felt that I have done myself a decent turn and helped as part of a team. Winning or losing still to me doesn't really matter, as I'm still learning, but last night it did.

As part of the Single Draft I got handed my first Drow Ranger. Now having been a support for 21 games I thought I'd give it my best go with one of the strongest heroes in the game.

Here was my chance to run a game with someone other than Tinker.

I failed.

Badly.

Maybe it was the other team ganging up on me. Maybe it was my just being an idiot.

But as I solo'd in the middle lane and tried to do as well as I could, I fed to Phantom Assassin across the pond from me and ended up stinking up the game.

So much so that I logged in early this morning before work to play a bot game with Drow to figure out just what went wrong.

So my question is this; have you ever came out of a game of DOTA dejected? Why? Was it your own fault? Was it someone moaning? What did you do to learn from it?

#2 Posted by TobbRobb (4842 posts) -

Failure is a part of learning, and dota takes a long time to learn. I expect and almost guarantee, that someone new to the game WILL fail, and will fail a lot until they get a grasp of all the tiny moving pieces that makes the game. And getting to that point most likely will take hundreds of matches, a hundred matches of joy and a hundred of pain. Such is the life of playing a competitive game and dota isn't different.

Now I probably also felt dejected at fucking up while learning, but it really isn't your fault at the learning stage, just suck it up and try again. Maybe next time it'll go better.

But that's all in the past, the feeling of dejection after fucking up nowadays and KNOWING EXACTLY WHY AND HOW, is way, way worse. Ignorance really can be bliss sometimes.

#3 Edited by Winternet (8053 posts) -

Every time I watch Brad play. Hey-o! POW!

In the early goings it's all fun and games. It's when you start to understand Dota a bit more that things get worse and you keep shouting to yourself "Why am I so bad at this game?!"

#4 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

You'll go through days and days of those matches. Sometimes you leave a match and instantaneously know what you did wrong and hate yourself and just leave the client/party because you know you fucked up. Other days other people do it and you have to remind yourself that you do it too.

It's the circle of Dota: everyone has bad days, makes a bad decision, or generally fucks up. Talk about it and then move on, and that's the best you can do.

#5 Posted by Ares42 (2796 posts) -

Dota has some hard lessons to teach you, and every time you meet those walls it feels just horrible.

I'm pretty new to the game, but one of the hardest times I've had was the first time I did a solo lane against dual support. As most new people I played too aggressive (which was barely even aggressive at all in that situation) and just got completely shut down over and over. But I learned a lot from that experience.

I've also had a few games where I went the full 30-40 minutes without feeling I did anything useful at all. It's usually been on disable heavy supports, so it was probably just bad hero picks considering the level of cooperation you usually see in pub games.

And lastly ofc there's the general "we're behind and my team-mates keep running out alone to get ganked" and "the other team has a 3-stack all with more than 3 times as many games played than us" games. I had like a 8-9 loss-streak at one point where the games just got progressively more and more unbalanced, which made me take a good long break from the game. But since I came back (after doing some bot practice etc) my game has gotten way better, and I've found myself completely dominating a quite a few games.

#6 Posted by Christoffer (1921 posts) -

I'd say that if you have only played about 22 games you have no right to feel dissapointed. You will throw a lot of games because you're inexperienced and the matchmaking is a bit janky from time to time.

Once you know the game and still make the same mistakes over and over, that's when you should feel dissapointed.

And maybe you shouldn't play single draft that early on. But hey, you might like Learning the hard way.

#7 Edited by HaroldoNVU (591 posts) -

That'll happen often. It's part of the game, especially because matches are so long. When it's a shooter and you're havin a bad day it will be over in like 7 minutes, you'll take a deep breath and start again. If you messed up once or twice you can reflect on what you're doing wrong while you wait for respawn and make up for your mistakes. In Dota mistakes just piles up and form a huge snowball that runs towards you and warlus punch you in the nuts. Some times I feel like I'm doing nothing right the it's 4 vs 5 and that happens too. I don't deal especially well with that but I got used to it. You'll probably get too.

Now what you described is why I avoided non-All Pick modes for my first month and a half. I'm not a quick adaptative person, the best I can do is slightly change my item and skill build on the spot depending on the situation. Some people can learn heroes they never played before on the spot with a few tips from team mates. I can't, I need to take some time to study up and play at least a single pressure free match to understand item and abilities interactions. Some people equate newbies playing All-Pick sticking to the same 3 or 4 heroes forever which is something I support you doing for like your first 20 or so matches in order get the feel of the game. After that I feel like its best to take a third of your matches to learn and pratice new heroes as you'll be more versatile and will know what to expect when you face them. Whether you take the random approach and the study approach you should diversify your options.

#8 Posted by ajamafalous (12154 posts) -

I guess I'll point out that PA counters Drow pretttttty hard, because a) Drow's ult will be cancelled when PA blinks on you, and b) you can't kite a PA with frost arrows because she's just going to blink to you anyway. Also crits.

Also also, probably neither of those heroes should've been mid. Yeah, sure, any hero can go mid, but there are certain heroes who are much better suited for it. If I were you (or anyone reading this who's new), I'd stay away from mid until you have a much deeper understanding of the game (i.e. bottling/bottle crowing, rune control, knowing when to gank, knowing when to stay and push your lane, knowing when to farm, knowing which lane you should be ganking and how to get there without causing your gank to fail, knowing which high-priority targets should get most of your attention, being able to evaluate 1v1 hero matchups (kinda like I just did in the previous paragraph), etc.).

#9 Edited by Ares42 (2796 posts) -

@ajamafalous: I dunno.. at low levels it's not like anyone in the game will know the advanced stuff and take real advantage of going mid. I've actually found mid to be the best lane to learn the basics of laning at lower levels, as there's generally less disruption (being 1v1 and usually not a lot of ganking at low level) and the distances are so small you're never far away from your tower. It's basically just a small-scale version of the other lanes, making things simpler and easier to understand.

#10 Posted by chainreaction01 (183 posts) -

I think everyone has that game at some point where it seems like everything that could go wrong did go wrong. In your case a lot of that comes from the fact that you were playing a totally different style of hero. Tinker has really good spells which makes him scary in the early game while Drow has... right click. That makes you an easier target and probably the preferred target since if you do well then you become a far scarier hero. When you play a carry without good escapes, especially against heroes with good gap closing, just keep it safe and take it slow. Don't be afraid to ask someone else on your team to switch lanes if things aren't going well.

#11 Posted by golguin (4045 posts) -

This is why I only play Queen of Pain. I knew I wanted a character that controlled like the Demon Hunter from Diablo 3 and the Vanquisher from Torchlight. People suggested several heroes, I read up and watched guides, and I decided QOP was what I wanted.


I've played around 100 games (bot matches and humans matches with 50% win/loss) and have been an exclusive QOP player. People swore up and down that I wouldn't be able to learn the game or whatever, but I proved them wrong.

I suggest you stick to whatever you like, watch guides on that Hero, and just learn all of the ins and outs around that hero. Don't let other people tell you how to have fun.

#12 Edited by TobbRobb (4842 posts) -

@golguin: I never understood the "play one character" mentality. Doesn't it get boring?

To be fair, QoP is really fun in most scenarios. And generally a pretty good pick. So I guess you should be fine doing only that in pub games. Though you really should pick up a secondary character in case the other team picks anti-qop heroes, intentionally or not. Feeling useless because of picks is never fun.

#13 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

@golguin: What if someone on the other team picks that hero first? Or what if your team already has a mid and really need a different hero? Or even if they pick a team with a lot of silences? It is a major crutch to only play one hero. If anything, learn 2 or 3 heros at each role so you are flexible and able to pick synergy with your team.

@benstewart84: If you made it 22 games without disappointment, then you did pretty damn good. Dota is such a high skill cap game that sometimes you play someone who just flat out is better then you. Sometimes you get countered hard by another hero and have a rough time. (As @ajamafalous said, PA pretty much crushes Drow) The key is to try to locate what you personally did wrong and figure out how to learn from it. Sometimes it is best to just take a short break, make some food or grab a drink...then come back into the next match in a good mindset. There are some dark nights where I have been on major losing streak spirals where you drop 8+ matches in a row...it is a damn awful feeling.

#14 Posted by The_Nick (11 posts) -

@benstewart84: Dota is like masturbation. It feels good at the time, but you hate yourself the minute it's over.

The great thing about playing with other duders is that everyone understands. I've played over 100 games (lost more than won) in the GB channel, and I have never once been flamed, mocked, or ridiculed by a fellow duder. The community is generally helpful, informative, and insightful. It's a big part of the reason I enjoy sucking at this game.

A great way I've learned a lot is by throwing away the stigma of "if I play in party with someone that has 100+ wins, I'll get mm'd against a team that is much better at this than I am." I'm not saying I haven't lost a fair share of those games, but playing with a fellow duder that has so much more experience than me usually means I'm going to pick up a few tricks during the game.

Don't be afraid to ask questions during the game, and as @chainreaction01 said, if things aren't going well in your lane make sure you let your teammates know so you can switch lanes.

If none of that works, hit me up for a party. I'm sure after watching how much I suck at this game you're bound to feel better about yourself.

#15 Posted by HaroldoNVU (591 posts) -

@golguin: You can definitely do what you want but that's kind of a selfish position. Dota is a team game and a lot is based on picking the heroes that will work well together and against the opposite team. By sticking to a single character you're deliberately imposing a handicap on your party, limiting what heroes and roles they can pick and even each modes they can play. It's one thing when you do that because you're still learning, but you're doing it because you don't care. I don't think you've proven anyone wrong yet.

#16 Edited by EXTomar (4943 posts) -

If given a choice, I would play a Phantom Assassin over Drow Ranger.

Although not impossible it would have been advantageous to rotate Drow out of the lane with PA since PA has a number of things that make her more effective to "solo-lane" than Drow Ranger (passive evasion, a slow, and a "blink strike"). In fact I've found it is better to pair Drow with a support to help feed instead through the early game.

What it feels like what happened here is a "team comp" issue. The best players can be hamstrung by being forced to go against a hero their own hero is not well equipped to counter.

#17 Posted by Iodine (550 posts) -

Every Single Time I play Sven I just want to quit.

#18 Posted by TobbRobb (4842 posts) -

@iodine: That's a good cue to stop playing Sven.

Or do waht i do and only play kamikaze Sven. Mask of Madness into Armlet into Daedalus. I have like 3 seconds max to kill whatever is in front with two hits, or I die. XD

Not a good way to win, but it's preeeeeetty funny.

#19 Posted by Iodine (550 posts) -

@tobbrobb said:

@iodine: That's a good cue to stop playing Sven.

Or do waht i do and only play kamikaze Sven. Mask of Madness into Armlet into Daedalus. I have like 3 seconds max to kill whatever is in front with two hits, or I die. XD

Not a good way to win, but it's preeeeeetty funny.

Haha I like this idea.

And yeah, at this point the only reason I play sven is if I am randomed and no one wants to trade or a single draft where Meeps/Invoker are my other two options (actually happened once and I just was so sad)

#20 Edited by TobbRobb (4842 posts) -

@iodine: You should give Invoker a chance at some point, he is surprisingly easy.

Just max out his R and E, spam the QQQ spell in lane, and then use QWE and EEW in teamfights. Low level pub invoker right there. I'ts all you do inbetween looking fabulous and lasthitting.

#21 Posted by golguin (4045 posts) -

@tobbrobb said:

@golguin: I never understood the "play one character" mentality. Doesn't it get boring?

To be fair, QoP is really fun in most scenarios. And generally a pretty good pick. So I guess you should be fine doing only that in pub games. Though you really should pick up a secondary character in case the other team picks anti-qop heroes, intentionally or not. Feeling useless because of picks is never fun.

It doesn't get boring. I've played the same character in Dark Souls for over 500 hours (Pyro/Dex) and that's mostly PVP. Most people try different builds to see what they like. I don't need to do that because I already know the play style that I like. Same goes for Dota 2.

@golguin: What if someone on the other team picks that hero first? Or what if your team already has a mid and really need a different hero? Or even if they pick a team with a lot of silences? It is a major crutch to only play one hero. If anything, learn 2 or 3 heros at each role so you are flexible and able to pick synergy with your team.

In all the games I've played no one has ever picked QOP before me. Once I learned how to quick pick QOP (very early into learning how to play) I don't think anyone has ever even selected a hero before me even when they click random hero.

If the other team picks a lot of silence characters then I guess I'm in trouble, but that doesn't really mean anything. You can counter pick most picks so someone is going to end up countering someone else during the selection process. Worrying about a counter pick for a particular person doesn't mean much when everyone else can do the same. Someone has to pick first and in games I'm in that's always me. In any case that's never happened in a pub game and that's what I play. You don't see chat/mic teamwork in pub games.


@golguin: You can definitely do what you want but that's kind of a selfish position. Dota is a team game and a lot is based on picking the heroes that will work well together and against the opposite team. By sticking to a single character you're deliberately imposing a handicap on your party, limiting what heroes and roles they can pick and even each modes they can play. It's one thing when you do that because you're still learning, but you're doing it because you don't care. I don't think you've proven anyone wrong yet.

There is no party as far as pug games are concerned. In everyone's eyes I'm simply a random person that picked first and I picked Queen of Pain. You'd have a point if it was a coordinated game with a team against another team, but that isn't how pub games roll. Someone has to be a mid and in the games that I play that's me as QOP. If my way was wrong and if I was a detriment to my team then my record would probably show that. However, my record shows that I work well in whatever random group of players I end up in. I'm always helpful and I don't rage whenever people on my team feed and cost us the game.

You say I do it because I don't care. That's completely wrong. I pick QOP because I care about my enjoyment and because my most valuable DOTA skill is playing QOP. Any other hero and I'm essentially a wasted slot because I wouldn't know how to play them. How would I justify picking a hero that's going to cost the team the game?

The only other hero I would consider using is Drow Ranger because she's basically one part of the Diablo 3 Demon Hunter and I've fought against her enough to see how people play her.

#22 Posted by ajamafalous (12154 posts) -

@golguin said:

@tobbrobb said:

@golguin: I never understood the "play one character" mentality. Doesn't it get boring?

To be fair, QoP is really fun in most scenarios. And generally a pretty good pick. So I guess you should be fine doing only that in pub games. Though you really should pick up a secondary character in case the other team picks anti-qop heroes, intentionally or not. Feeling useless because of picks is never fun.

It doesn't get boring. I've played the same character in Dark Souls for over 500 hours (Pyro/Dex) and that's mostly PVP. Most people try different builds to see what they like. I don't need to do that because I already know the play style that I like. Same goes for Dota 2.

@indiefinch said:

@golguin: What if someone on the other team picks that hero first? Or what if your team already has a mid and really need a different hero? Or even if they pick a team with a lot of silences? It is a major crutch to only play one hero. If anything, learn 2 or 3 heros at each role so you are flexible and able to pick synergy with your team.

In all the games I've played no one has ever picked QOP before me. Once I learned how to quick pick QOP (very early into learning how to play) I don't think anyone has ever even selected a hero before me even when they click random hero.

If the other team picks a lot of silence characters then I guess I'm in trouble, but that doesn't really mean anything. You can counter pick most picks so someone is going to end up countering someone else during the selection process. Worrying about a counter pick for a particular person doesn't mean much when everyone else can do the same. Someone has to pick first and in games I'm in that's always me. In any case that's never happened in a pub game and that's what I play. You don't see chat/mic teamwork in pub games.

@haroldonvu said:

@golguin: You can definitely do what you want but that's kind of a selfish position. Dota is a team game and a lot is based on picking the heroes that will work well together and against the opposite team. By sticking to a single character you're deliberately imposing a handicap on your party, limiting what heroes and roles they can pick and even each modes they can play. It's one thing when you do that because you're still learning, but you're doing it because you don't care. I don't think you've proven anyone wrong yet.

There is no party as far as pug games are concerned. In everyone's eyes I'm simply a random person that picked first and I picked Queen of Pain. You'd have a point if it was a coordinated game with a team against another team, but that isn't how pub games roll. Someone has to be a mid and in the games that I play that's me as QOP. If my way was wrong and if I was a detriment to my team then my record would probably show that. However, my record shows that I work well in whatever random group of players I end up in. I'm always helpful and I don't rage whenever people on my team feed and cost us the game.

You say I do it because I don't care. That's completely wrong. I pick QOP because I care about my enjoyment and because my most valuable DOTA skill is playing QOP. Any other hero and I'm essentially a wasted slot because I wouldn't know how to play them. How would I justify picking a hero that's going to cost the team the game?

The only other hero I would consider using is Drow Ranger because she's basically one part of the Diablo 3 Demon Hunter and I've fought against her enough to see how people play her.

I think you have a huge misconception as far as whether or not people communicate when not in a stack. Most of the games in the lower brackets might be a clusterfuck as far as hero picking and coordination are concerned, but once you make it past 50-100 wins and/or move up into a higher bracket you'll need to start communicating with people or you're going to get stomped every game. In addition to required team coordination in both picks and execution, people are going to start counterpicking. If somebody instantly firstpicks a hero, you can bet that somebody on the other team is going to counterpick it, especially when it's a hero that telegraphs its lane and role as much as QoP does.

Also, your second-to-last paragraph is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Of course you aren't going to be able to play any other characters if you never play any other characters.

#23 Edited by golguin (4045 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@golguin said:

@tobbrobb said:

@golguin: I never understood the "play one character" mentality. Doesn't it get boring?

To be fair, QoP is really fun in most scenarios. And generally a pretty good pick. So I guess you should be fine doing only that in pub games. Though you really should pick up a secondary character in case the other team picks anti-qop heroes, intentionally or not. Feeling useless because of picks is never fun.

It doesn't get boring. I've played the same character in Dark Souls for over 500 hours (Pyro/Dex) and that's mostly PVP. Most people try different builds to see what they like. I don't need to do that because I already know the play style that I like. Same goes for Dota 2.

@indiefinch said:

@golguin: What if someone on the other team picks that hero first? Or what if your team already has a mid and really need a different hero? Or even if they pick a team with a lot of silences? It is a major crutch to only play one hero. If anything, learn 2 or 3 heros at each role so you are flexible and able to pick synergy with your team.

In all the games I've played no one has ever picked QOP before me. Once I learned how to quick pick QOP (very early into learning how to play) I don't think anyone has ever even selected a hero before me even when they click random hero.

If the other team picks a lot of silence characters then I guess I'm in trouble, but that doesn't really mean anything. You can counter pick most picks so someone is going to end up countering someone else during the selection process. Worrying about a counter pick for a particular person doesn't mean much when everyone else can do the same. Someone has to pick first and in games I'm in that's always me. In any case that's never happened in a pub game and that's what I play. You don't see chat/mic teamwork in pub games.

@haroldonvu said:

@golguin: You can definitely do what you want but that's kind of a selfish position. Dota is a team game and a lot is based on picking the heroes that will work well together and against the opposite team. By sticking to a single character you're deliberately imposing a handicap on your party, limiting what heroes and roles they can pick and even each modes they can play. It's one thing when you do that because you're still learning, but you're doing it because you don't care. I don't think you've proven anyone wrong yet.

There is no party as far as pug games are concerned. In everyone's eyes I'm simply a random person that picked first and I picked Queen of Pain. You'd have a point if it was a coordinated game with a team against another team, but that isn't how pub games roll. Someone has to be a mid and in the games that I play that's me as QOP. If my way was wrong and if I was a detriment to my team then my record would probably show that. However, my record shows that I work well in whatever random group of players I end up in. I'm always helpful and I don't rage whenever people on my team feed and cost us the game.

You say I do it because I don't care. That's completely wrong. I pick QOP because I care about my enjoyment and because my most valuable DOTA skill is playing QOP. Any other hero and I'm essentially a wasted slot because I wouldn't know how to play them. How would I justify picking a hero that's going to cost the team the game?

The only other hero I would consider using is Drow Ranger because she's basically one part of the Diablo 3 Demon Hunter and I've fought against her enough to see how people play her.

I think you have a huge misconception as far as whether or not people communicate when not in a stack. Most of the games in the lower brackets might be a clusterfuck as far as hero picking and coordination are concerned, but once you make it past 50-100 wins and/or move up into a higher bracket you'll need to start communicating with people or you're going to get stomped every game. In addition to required team coordination in both picks and execution, people are going to start counterpicking. If somebody instantly firstpicks a hero, you can bet that somebody on the other team is going to counterpick it, especially when it's a hero that telegraphs its lane and role as much as QoP does.

Also, your second-to-last paragraph is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Of course you aren't going to be able to play any other characters if you never play any other characters.

I'm not in a high enough bracket to see team work in action. Any hint of team work is mostly people seeing an opportunity and taking it. People aren't chatting and they aren't talking in the games I'm in. It would be nice if there was a stronger team element in whatever level I'm in, but it simply isn't there. I always try communicate, but people rarely listen. I sometimes even get back messages saying, "I'll do what I want."

I've played QOP for about 100 hours to get to the skill level that I am at now. I don't have the time nor the desire to put that same amount of time into another 100 or so heroes.

#24 Edited by benstewart84 (22 posts) -

so guys, thanks for the input.

I'm really enjoying this game... and as someone else said the GB channel is really good for bringing guys like myself into the game.

I want to play a range of different heroes as I want to try and learn who I like and my style as quick as I can.

#25 Edited by EXTomar (4943 posts) -

I haven't played a game out of the GB Channel where anyone raged for losing so that is a plus. :)

As for playing "only one hero" that can work well but the trade off is you don't get a lot of experience playing others where draft and other situations call for improvisation. If you can handle that and you have a favorite hero and are having a ton of fun then keep going for it.

#26 Posted by Iodine (550 posts) -
@tobbrobb said:

@iodine: You should give Invoker a chance at some point, he is surprisingly easy.

Just max out his R and E, spam the QQQ spell in lane, and then use QWE and EEW in teamfights. Low level pub invoker right there. I'ts all you do inbetween looking fabulous and lasthitting.

Thanks man, I will give this a try

#27 Posted by Rayeth (1071 posts) -

People need to just keep playing. Everyone has those games where you play awful and feed the whole time. It happens. I've played over 600 games (slightly below 50/50 on wins/losses), and am STILL awful at some heroes. I certainly have a stable of picks I can go back to and feel good about playing, but some are just not clicking.

The only thing you can do is play some more and try to imporove. I also think that anyone who is limiting themselves to one hero past the first 5 or so games is doing themselves a serious disservice. This game has over 100 heroes for a good reason. You can't just play 1 and hope to ever learn to play properly in most scenarios.

Eventually with enough play you will develop a kind of game sense. Like someone should probably be pushing bot now, or I don't see anyone on the map, they are probably doing rosh. Things like that will become obvious the more you play, and that ends up improving your play with all heroes. So keep at it and stay positive. Don't sink to the ragers' level.

#28 Edited by GaspoweR (3489 posts) -

What sucks though is that this is a VERY INTENSIVE team based game wherein in an ideal or high-level scenario, success lies in the fact that EVERYONE in your team has to be doing well. If you fuck up, the entire team is affected. The great thing though is that there is a chance to be able to recover and perhaps still turn things around. Problem is when you team loses the game and it was due to mistakes done by you or another team member earlier on, the feeling of loss is magnified even more when you're guilty of feeding, etc. These same mistakes would either turn you off or push you to become better and not fuck up the next time (thus what the OP did by "going into the lab" and practicing with bots). In a way, once you reach a high level of understanding about the game, at the very least the losses wouldn't be as bad to the point that you are completely clueless but now you are able to analyze it and get better observations of what the other team did right, what your team did wrong and take those lessons into the next game.

#29 Posted by POLLIWOG (25 posts) -

@golguin: To be honest not all heroes need much practice to play well with. QoP does require a decent amount of knowledge in terms of when you should be blinking in / diving and being aggressive, and when you should play more cautiously. She's really almost never a bad pick so if you are really gungho about only playing one hero for forever there are much worse choices... that being said I'm sure you will eventually have games where someone picks / randoms qop before you, or a game where someone else needs to go mid with their hero and you will be stuck in a less than ideal lane.

There are a lot of heroes that do require a fair amount of practice to do well with (Puck, Slark, Chen, Meepo, Enchantress, TA, Tusk, SD, SS, etc... but a large amount of the hero pool is pretty basic as long as you understand the heroe's base mechanics. I have a feeling eventually You'll want to broaden your play a bit. There are a lot of fun heroes out there... and I mean... there's Pudge. Just about EVERYONE loves to play Pudge!

#30 Posted by Nadril (547 posts) -

Drow isn't even close to the 'strongest hero in the game'. Honestly, she's quite weak because the second someone gets next to her she hits like a wet noodle.

You're going to lose games in Dota, and you're going to play badly in some games. I have over 1800 games played and there are still games where I will completely and absolutely fail. To be honest you get over it, and you move onto the next game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.