Dota2 beta not working?

Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Is it just me or when you start the Dota2 beta the game starts and it loads everything but none of it works. There is no matchmaking option there is no list of your steam friends playing theres nothing at all.

#1 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Is it just me or when you start the Dota2 beta the game starts and it loads everything but none of it works. There is no matchmaking option there is no list of your steam friends playing theres nothing at all.

#2 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Man, everyone but me got in that beta. At least I'm in the open-ish beta for SW:TOR this weekend so that's kinda cool. I'm obviously in that beta though since I've been a tester there for a while. I just wanna get into Dota2 before the general LoL/HoN(You are one and the same, morons) players get in there. You know, before the game turns in to "You're a new player? you shouldn't play this game, you never played it before you suck, go away"-chat

#3 Posted by iDarktread (1189 posts) -

@scarace360: You lucky duck. Did you get invited to the beta personally or did a friend send you an invite?

#4 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@iDarktread said:

@scarace360: You lucky duck. Did you get invited to the beta personally or did a friend send you an invite?

a friend gave it to me played for about 9 hours today then the game just crashed and hasent worked since.

#5 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@iDarktread said:

a friend gave it to me played for about 9 hours today then the game just crashed and hasent worked since.

Verify files on steam (you know how to do that, right?) it seem to have worked for some people.

Or just uninstall everything and then install it again :P Or follow weird advice on many tech-sites for such problems.. Just re-format your PC or MAC(Not even kidding, many sites give that advice for any issue)

#6 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

@ZeForgotten: You're not the only one. I got that survey email a loooong time ago, and am still waiting on an invite.

To the OP, it sounds like something in the Steam backend is messing up. Try restarting Steam and/or deleting the clientregistry.blob file wherever Steam is installed.

#7 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@scarace360 said:

@iDarktread said:

Verify files on steam (you know how to do that, right?) it seem to have worked for some people.

Or just uninstall everything and then install it again :P Or follow weird advice on many tech-sites for such problems.. Just re-format your PC or MAC(Not even kidding, many sites give that advice for any issue)

i did that and i finally fixed it had to clear my cash and it worked. Now anyone wanna play?

#8 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@isnipeyoudie: That survey was super weird. It felt more like I was back in school taking test, though failing this one since they haven't written anything back.

@scarace360: Oh you can play again? Well, that changes everything, now I "hate" you :P

#9 Posted by iDarktread (1189 posts) -

@scarace360: Someone just send me an invite and I'll play with you, buddy! :D I need someone to save me from League of Legends.

Steam's weird and requires frequent cache clears and file verification. Dunno why it can't fix itself on a schedule since it does everything else rather well.

#10 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@iDarktread said:

@scarace360: Someone just send me an invite and I'll play with you, buddy! :D I need someone to save me from League of Legends.

Steam's weird and requires frequent cache clears and file verification. Dunno why it can't fix itself on a schedule since it does everything else rather well.

thank god cause ive been playing with idiots who don't know how to play whats your steam ID and do you wanna use the mumble server?

#11 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@scarace360 said:

@iDarktread said:

thank god cause ive been playing with idiots who don't know how to play whats your steam ID and do you wanna use the mumble server?

craaaaaaaap, you're one of those people. And here I thought you were an ok person but nope, you're one of those who can't accept that there are always gonna be new players for a game. You could earn money by coaching/teaching new players so they match your elite skills, you know.  You could become rich!
#12 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@scarace360 said:

@iDarktread said:

craaaaaaaap, you're one of those people. And here I thought you were an ok person but nope, you're one of those who can't accept that there are always gonna be new players for a game. You could earn money by coaching/teaching new players so they match your elite skills, you know. You could become rich!

i don't mind new people but i hate it when new people won't listen to simple things. Like when i try to explain why where going for a gank or why that person shouldn't be in a lane with someone because those two don't mix well and another pare would.

#13 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@scarace360 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@scarace360 said:

@iDarktread said:

craaaaaaaap, you're one of those people. And here I thought you were an ok person but nope, you're one of those who can't accept that there are always gonna be new players for a game. You could earn money by coaching/teaching new players so they match your elite skills, you know. You could become rich!

i don't mind new people but i hate it when new people won't listen to simple things. Like when i try to explain why where going for a gank or why that person shouldn't be in a lane with someone because those two don't mix well and another pare would.

Meh, you're not playing for money so losing isn't the end of the world (unless you're this guy :P) so when you lose enough and just blame the people not listening to advice then they'll listen. 
#14 Posted by iDarktread (1189 posts) -

@scarace360: Well, like, I still need a beta invite. Have you already sent your two away? Only two of my friends have Dota 2 access, and they both got it from other people.

I do know all about ganks, though. All about ganks.

#15 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@iDarktread said:

@scarace360: Well, like, I still need a beta invite. Have you already sent your two away? Only two of my friends have Dota 2 access, and they both got it from other people.

I do know all about ganks, though. All about ganks.

No sorry i got a code from a friend on GB.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.