"Evil Dreams Await" - Test Build implemented, Bane added

#1 Edited by Jokers_Wild (215 posts) -

http://blog.dota2.com/2012/02/evil-dreams-await/

Valve finally added the test build, which should be in your steam library if you have Dota. It's a weird concept, given that it's essentially a beta within the beta. I'm not entirely sure what Valve's logic here is.

Anyway, new updates will start in the test build and be added to the regular game a week later. This week we get Bane!

#2 Posted by ack (139 posts) -

Seems like normal updates will just be delayed by a week with the test build, whatever. Maybe it means valve wants to turn this beta into a "beta", open it up wider.

#3 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -

@Jokers_Wild said:

It's a weird concept, given that it's essentially a beta within the beta.

http://inception.davepedu.com/

I'll give this testbuild thing a try tonight.

#4 Posted by TobbRobb (4847 posts) -

I think it's because they consider the beta as tournament worthy? So they want to test the patches before implementing them for balance reasons.

#5 Posted by ack (139 posts) -

but there was already a tournament option in custom games for that reason

#6 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I have never bitched about the character modes( unlike the idiots at dotacinema) but Bane's model... those back legs! And why does he leave a trail? If enemies can see it you can't juke people.

Also when did they change his first skill to be a flat number instead of % based? Boo!

Anyways where's my god-damn mortred!

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

Valve hates my wallet.

#8 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

Hopefully Valve is that much closer now to blow the doors off then thing and let everyone in. I doubt the current population will be able to support quality matchmaking on both the test client and live client. I bet they did it so now we have a complete stable version, there won't be any bugs that ruin peoples experience (when Alchemist game out with no cool downs and crushed people for a day). Plus it is way easier for tournaments to rely on the stable client being up because everything on it will be thoroughly tested before hand.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.