Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Favourite Team? (Compendium Team Cup)

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I don't really follow the games enough to have a favourite team, so does anyone have any suggestions or stuff like that? I remember Brad interviewed team liquid and stuff for starcraft.

Or should I just choose the favourite team most likely to win the competition and get the bonuses that come with that, and what is the favourite team?

kolh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If i'm not mistaken, the Team Cup does not give you anything. Every compendium match (The matchmaking with prepicked heroes) you win gives points to your favorite team and player, and at the end of each week, the ones with the most points get Dota2 items with a special rarity (displayed on the right page).
    The tournament prediction segment of the compendium has a 'winner' prediction that you can fill out, although I am unaware of what the rewards will be.

As for the choice of a team, you can find the results of recent matches on dota2lounge, and check the prior performances of the teams in tournaments via the Dota 2 wiki.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Well, Alliance have been dominating everybody over the past few months, so they're probably your safest bet as far as Winner prediction.

Obviously things can change though, and everyone has bad games/bad days, so who can really say who'll end up winning. I think Alliance are the hands-down favorite, though.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I really like Quantic and Alliance, they feel slightly more unorthodox than most other teams while still staying effective. "Incredibly effective in Alliance case".

Fan favorite Na'vi is of course always a hoot, if anything because the commentators and live chat go wild for that shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.