Gabe Newell: "I don't think it'll be shipped until next year."

#1 Posted by Jokers_Wild (215 posts) -
#2 Posted by BeachThunder (12427 posts) -

So...2014 then?

#3 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Well the HoN beta lasted one year :) in total... When I got into the beta I played it for 3 months lol. So I'm not that surprised DOTA 2 won't come out this year. I was hoping though :)
Anyways... I hope I get into the beta as soon as possible.

#4 Posted by nazer858 (131 posts) -

Gives me time to build a PC

#5 Posted by James_ex_machina (899 posts) -

I've never played DOTA. From all the people hyping it I should give DOTA2 at try when it arrives.

#6 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

So what's that in Valve time?

#7 Posted by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

And that's OK because honestly it doesnt look that hot, They need to do other than re skin HoN.

#8 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -
@BeachThunder
So...2014 then?
Dude it's Valve not Blizzard, so it's totally coming out in 2013.
#9 Posted by endless_void (703 posts) -
@DonPixel said:

And that's OK because honestly it doesnt look that hot, They need to do other than re skin HoN.

That's so ironic because HoN is a reskin of Dota. Just shut the fuck up if you're uninformed.
#10 Posted by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

@endless_void said:

@DonPixel said:

And that's OK because honestly it doesnt look that hot, They need to do other than re skin HoN.

That's so ironic because HoN is a reskin of Dota. Just shut the fuck up if you're uninformed.

Ctrol + C, Ctrl + V from Dota to HoN and now DOTA 2 - good job icefraud.

:)

#11 Posted by Kodo_Beast (131 posts) -
@DonPixel said:

@endless_void said:

@DonPixel said:

And that's OK because honestly it doesnt look that hot, They need to do other than re skin HoN.

That's so ironic because HoN is a reskin of Dota. Just shut the fuck up if you're uninformed.

Ctrol + C, Ctrl + V from Dota to HoN and now DOTA 2 - good job icefraud.

:)

 I wouldn't have it any other way.
#12 Posted by YukoAsho (2129 posts) -
@DonPixel said:

And that's OK because honestly it doesnt look that hot, They need to do other than re skin HoN.

Dude, that's ALL these games.  Hell, Ryan even made a point about it on the podcast this week.  They all fuckin' look like Warcraft 3.
#13 Posted by DonPixel (2628 posts) -
@Kodo_Beast
@DonPixel said:

@endless_void said:

@DonPixel said:

And that's OK because honestly it doesnt look that hot, They need to do other than re skin HoN.

That's so ironic because HoN is a reskin of Dota. Just shut the fuck up if you're uninformed.

Ctrol + C, Ctrl + V from Dota to HoN and now DOTA 2 - good job icefraud.

:)

 I wouldn't have it any other way.
Mmm owell who the hell am I kidding?.. I know Im gonna play a fuck lot of it anyway
#14 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

So 2012 is when Blizzard will sue once it's released and then Valve will pack it back up and redo all the assets for 2013 summer.

#15 Posted by jnune09 (5 posts) -
@James_ex_machina: If you haven't played DotA, League of Legends is a good place to start.
#16 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@jnune09 said:
@James_ex_machina: If you haven't played DotA, League of Legends is a good place to start.
Then once you've played league and gotten decent, graduate to HoN and start learning how to Deny and ward. THEN YOU'RE READY TO TAKE THE REINS OF DOTA 2!
#17 Posted by Jokers_Wild (215 posts) -
@Doctorchimp: Maybe, but if Games Workshop has gone this long without suing Blizzard, I think Valve's in the clear.
#18 Posted by NaDannMaGoGo (338 posts) -

Of course the game stil requires a crapton of work. The biggest problem is creating all the art and sound assets. I mean there are 104 heroes in Dota that all need a new Model (including Animations of course) and their own voice set. And of course all the effects for the spells of thoe heroes...  
 
Yeh, that'll take a while.

#19 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@DonPixel said:

And that's OK because honestly it doesnt look that hot, They need to do other than re skin HoN.

Stop trolling.
#20 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:
@BeachThunder
So...2014 then?
Dude it's Valve not Blizzard, so it's totally coming out in 2013.
no, 2014 lines up with Valve time.
#21 Posted by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@DonPixel said:

And that's OK because honestly it doesnt look that hot, They need to do other than re skin HoN.

Stop trolling.

Chillax.. I'm going to be playing this as much as I play HoN, LoL and I used to play DOTA... Thou this being Valve I was expecting a bit more than a Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V but aparently that's more than enough to most people so whatever dude opinions..

#22 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:
So 2012 is when Blizzard will sue once it's released and then Valve will pack it back up and redo all the assets for 2013 summer.
Implication being Warcraft included original designs to begin with. Cute.
#23 Posted by Irvandus (2886 posts) -
@BestUsernameEver said:
@Mr_Skeleton said:
@BeachThunder
So...2014 then?
Dude it's Valve not Blizzard, so it's totally coming out in 2013.
no, 2014 lines up with Valve time.
Please with proper valve time it will be 2015, early 2015.
#24 Edited by Kodo_Beast (131 posts) -
@DonPixel said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@DonPixel said:

And that's OK because honestly it doesnt look that hot, They need to do other than re skin HoN.

Stop trolling.

Chillax.. I'm going to be playing this as much as I play HoN, LoL and I used to play DOTA... Thou this being Valve I was expecting a bit more than a Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V but aparently that's more than enough to most people so whatever dude opinions..

It's a Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V of a game that's been constantly updated for years (the latest update released a month ago) and built upon community feedback. Valve might be fans of the game but they're only a very, very small part of the community and changing things would only alienate the current DotA 1 players.
#25 Posted by MjHealy (1877 posts) -

I had a good feeling that DOTA wouldn't drop this year. I am excited to play but I am worried that my lowly laptop won't be able to handle it.

#26 Edited by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

@Kodo_Beast said:

@DonPixel said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@DonPixel said:

And that's OK because honestly it doesnt look that hot, They need to do other than re skin HoN.

Stop trolling.

Chillax.. I'm going to be playing this as much as I play HoN, LoL and I used to play DOTA... Thou this being Valve I was expecting a bit more than a Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V but aparently that's more than enough to most people so whatever dude opinions..

It's a Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V of a game that's been constantly updated for years (the latest update released a month ago) and built upon community feedback. Valve might be fans of the game but they're only a very, very small part of the community and changing things would only alienate the current DotA 1 players.

Yeah..but see that's the thing most of DOTA 1 community is a bunch of anti social angry freaks, I believe a lot of people jumping on the hype bandwagon is going to hit a wall once DOTA 2 it's released.

And I bet you DOTA 1 zealots won't stop playing DOTA 1, they are as much as fanboys taliban as Cs 1.6 people.

I'm having a good time playing LoL nowadays, they manage to do a more enjoyable game in my opinion as it is less Micro intensive and the Summoner Meta game ads positively for the experience, innovation is not a bad thing. I guess is a matter of preference but I was expecting Valve to try something, yet is Valve I'm going to play the game and they are going to sell a zillion copies.

#27 Edited by Jokers_Wild (215 posts) -
@DonPixel: Yay for being a pretentious ass who makes statements about a group with no statistical backing!
#28 Posted by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

@Jokers_Wild said:

@DonPixel: Yay for blatant generalizations!

Yay for not understanding your own lenguaje "Most" (in the greatest quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number) not ALL therefore not a generalization.

#29 Edited by Jokers_Wild (215 posts) -
@DonPixel: You're right I should fix that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.