Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

I have six keys. You want keys.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Incapability

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Incapability

I don't know why Steam keeps making me their bitch brand ambassador, but they keep giving me keys, and I've run out of people to give them to.

Someone, please, take these keys off my hands - first come, first serve. Look for Spessman, and be sure to say where you saw this. I'll update this thead when I'm out, just so you don't look in vain.

SIX SICK KEYZ REMAIN.

Super-duper important edit: Alright folks, I'm sorry - it seems there are imposters and impersonators on Steam. So that sucks. Anyway, you're looking for http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lehmann/ this particular one. I even changed the name to avoid confusion. Now please try again.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

*Looks out window* I don't see anyone, let alone someone who might be named Spessman.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Cramsy

I'd like to give it a go :) I have no idea where to look though...

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Panpipe

I want to play it. A lot.

I mostly play stuff on my mac though so it's kinda sad they haven't made the mac version of the beta yet.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

@Incapability said:

I don't know why Steam keeps making me their bitch brand ambassador, but they keep giving me keys, and I've run out of people to give them to.

When you stop giving them away, they'll stop giving them to you.

It's really an insidiously genius marketing strategy to get that microtransaction cash flowing, and I think it's working.

Incapability

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Incapability

@MB: No doubt you're right, the worst thing is, I didn't even pay for it - I got it during one of those sales where they gave stuff away, and I was like "Oh, cool, Dota 2! My friends are way into Dota 2! I... I have no strong feelings about this game."

So I've... never really gotten into it, but I sure have given away a lot of keys. And probably generated a lot of that microtransaction dough.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Tylea002

I also got keys flowing through me like a motherfucker. HIT ME UP IF YOU WANT KEYS.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By mike

@Incapability: I got a "beta" invite which was converted into the full game for free at some point, then was given a bunch of keys as well. I don't think many people have actually paid for Dota 2...it's really a basic F2P microtransaction model but I think they keep the price high on it to encourage people to play it when they're given the chance with free keys, counting on future income from the microtransaction store from a small percentage of players who get hooked on it.

I could be reading a little too much into this, but that's the way it seems to me.

UtamiJogjaf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By UtamiJogjaf1

want to play it so much,keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BisonHero

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.