Jeff's Fav Mod ever is actually DOTA (EVIDENCE INC)

#1 Posted by Digiwth (151 posts) -
#2 Edited by Three0neFive (2289 posts) -

It's the same reason he acts audibly disgusted whenever someone brings up anime but is secretly a massive weeaboo. That's just how Jeff rolls.

#3 Posted by chiablo (918 posts) -

My favorite movie is The Room; I also think The Room is the worst movie ever made.

#4 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1556 posts) -

It's the same reason he acts audibly disgusted whenever someone brings up anime but is secretly a massive weeaboo. That's just how Jeff rolls.

Shhhhh... Keep a man's secrets.

#5 Posted by Digiwth (151 posts) -

I figured this just lends credence to the theory that Jeff doesn't hate things, he just hates people liking things.

#6 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10832 posts) -

I actually went and listened to the bit in question.

The part where Jeff says Dota, he is still reading the email. It's not Jeff saying he likes it, it's the person that wrote the email who likes Dota.

#7 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5368 posts) -

#8 Posted by punkxblaze (2968 posts) -

@digiwth said:

I figured this just lends credence to the theory that Jeff doesn't hate things, he just hates people liking things.

I believe Jeff himself has confirmed this position at least once.

#9 Posted by RonGalaxy (3065 posts) -

That sneaky bastard

#10 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

He's reading the email still

#11 Posted by Digiwth (151 posts) -
#12 Edited by Sterling (2144 posts) -

The part where Jeff says Dota, he is still reading the email. It's not Jeff saying he likes it, it's the person that wrote the email who likes Dota.

That is how I heard it also. It was not Jeff saying he personally liked them, he was still reading the email.

#13 Posted by csl316 (8354 posts) -

He's still reading the email.

FALSE ACCUSATIONS!

#14 Posted by RonGalaxy (3065 posts) -

Quick, someone make a video making it sound like jeff saying he likes dota.

#15 Posted by bemusedchunk (681 posts) -

I think Jeff actually enjoys the concept of Dota more than he would like to admit. Like myself, I really enjoy some games from a distance - like TF2. I can't even play the game anymore, but I still like spectating match. I was the same way with Dota (and Starcraft II) for awhile - but I finally got bit by the Dota bug hard enough that I've put in a good 75 hrs or so over the past 6-9 months.

Also, Natural Selection is a great game, and the concept is really neat. I can see how spectating that can be fun as well.

#16 Edited by CaLe (3944 posts) -

I thought it was Gary's.

#17 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1956 posts) -

He's still reading the email for sho.

#18 Posted by MildMolasses (3218 posts) -

Don't quit your day job

#19 Posted by Abendlaender (2779 posts) -

Fuck you Motorbike

I love you Motorbike

#20 Posted by MrPeabody (62 posts) -

"...I love...DOTA." - Jeff Gerstmann, 2009

DOTA 2:

Best of Show - Giant Bomb

#21 Edited by Soap (3575 posts) -

Even though this has now been dismissed/debunked/corrected etc I can also say that I think Dota is probably one of the best mods of all time, but damn I don't like Dota.

Appreciation from afar is fine for some people :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.