Kid just rages for a while

#1 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

And for the first time people were actually happy about it.

It seems we are going to get a Bastion announcer pack for Dota!

Can't wait for Logan Cunningham to make sweet love to my ears again.

Also I got 9 invites if anyone wants to play Dota if somehow you didn't manage to get one yet.

Edit: to all the new players, don't forget to join the Giant Bomb chat room ingame.

#2 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Well, that does it. I will have to start playing Dota 2.

#3 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Can I have one of those codes? Never played a DOTA game before and got intrigued by the LOTR quick look.

#4 Posted by TromboneTony (156 posts) -

I'll take an invite if you still have any left.

#5 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -
#6 Posted by Kurinkita (44 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: Give me your mail or add me on steam i can send you one :)

#7 Posted by Acura_Max (59 posts) -

Misleading title! I thought this was going to be about kids rage quitting.

In all seriousness, this is really awesome.

#8 Posted by Wampa1 (634 posts) -

Also added you, ID is Foodcricket. If you have any left.

#9 Edited by GilbertMordinAndSullivan (442 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton: I'd love to give it a shot! I've never played a MOBA, however, so know in advance that you may be donating to a lost cause. Should I send you a request on steam? (User name is The Internet!)

#10 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

@GilbertMordinAndSullivan: Yeah add me on Steam, there is a link a few posts above.

#11 Posted by TobbRobb (4587 posts) -

I swore not to pay money in dota until I got good enough.... But I'm so getting this.

#12 Posted by BirthWild (259 posts) -

holy gosh dang!

This voice acting man can have his way with my ears.

#13 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

Shit, this makes me want to quit League of Legends and start playing DOTA2 instead.

#14 Posted by Elliottdice (1 posts) -

Anyone got a spare key I can grab? Desperate to play this game!

#15 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

This might just be one the best things I can think of you can possibly add to a video game.

#16 Posted by Sweep (8837 posts) -

Holy fuckballs, this is incredible news!

#17 Posted by NyxFe (248 posts) -

Well, I guess I have to buy an announcer pack. This is amazing. 

#18 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I barely ever play Dota 2 and I'll probably buy that announcer pack.

#19 Posted by DizzyMedal (399 posts) -

I hope to god the announce pack works in bot matches. Because that's all I play. I'm not cruel enough to subject real human teammates to my terrible, terrible feeding.

#20 Edited by Benny (1950 posts) -

Anyone still with an invite to Dota 2 they could send me? If so just PM me and that would be awesome. I feel i've watched enough videos now that I could at least check it out.

Edit: Received a key from a very kind user

Kid begins installing the game, knowing full well he will totally suck at it for weeks before making any progress.
#21 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

Seeing as there are a lot of new players right now from Giant Bomb, you guys should play together.

@Benny: Add me on Steam, there is a link a few posts above.

#22 Posted by Benny (1950 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton: I think that's an excellent idea, honestly the community aspect of this game is the biggest barrier to entry for me.

#23 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Seeing as there are a lot of new players right now from Giant Bomb, you guys should play together.

@Benny: Add me on Steam, there is a link a few posts above.

Yes! Get together, play bots, ask questions. Everyone go read http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck before even installing the game! I am always willing to teach / answer questions so look for me in the GiantBomb chat channel or the DotaInsight chat channel.

But as far as the announcer pack, so excited! Now if we can only get a Glados one sooner or later.......

#24 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Fuck.

Now I have to go back on my promise to never play Dota 2 until Pit Lord is released.

#25 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.