Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Let's Discuss the 6.79 Patch Notes

• 55 results
    rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

This kind of hampers my re-entry back into the world of Dota, since it'll mean I have to try and learn all the new timings when I wasn't great at them before, but I can't imagine the new changes will hold people back for long. The meta moves so quickly and there are enough people hammering at these new ways of playing that soon it'll probably just be second nature again.

The one big thing that makes my eyes go wide will be Riki in pubs be more broken than ever before. Seeing red lightning kill you from thin air sounds terrifying.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rpgee said:

This kind of hampers my re-entry back into the world of Dota, since it'll mean I have to try and learn all the new timings when I wasn't great at them before, but I can't imagine the new changes will hold people back for long. The meta moves so quickly and there are enough people hammering at these new ways of playing that soon it'll probably just be second nature again.

The one big thing that makes my eyes go wide will be Riki in pubs be more broken than ever before. Seeing red lightning kill you from thin air sounds terrifying.

Honestly, I think this will make things a little easier for new players. You won't get screamed at for not pulling the lane properly because it's more situational after the patch instead of required like it is now. The only difficulty I see people having is with guides being outdated. Hopefully they do something to ensure updated guides float to the top.

The biggest benefit to new players is the increase to periodic gold, so if you are a support who cannot get any gold from last hits or don't quite understand how to farm creeps, you'll be able to get items much faster.

Don't be discouraged at all. The big changes have dramatic implications on the larger meta game, but it shouldn't impact new players.

masterrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ursa and Phantom Lancer needed to be super nerfed...

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Nobody's mentioned it here but i realised when i watched Purge's video on the patch that Spectre can actually now ult, kill someone jump to next person kill, rinse and repeat. That's pretty crazy.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ursa and Phantom Lancer needed to be super nerfed...

Neither of them are overpowered, buy a ghost scepter. Ursa has a niche use as a counter to Lifestealer and that's about it.

Imst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im intrigued with BS!!!hahaha...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.