Lookin' For Sweet Dudes to Play Dota 2 (Who Aren't That Hardcore)

#1 Posted by Oedipus (72 posts) -

Sup, dudes?

I just started getting into Dota 2 recently and I've been playing a bunch of pub games and havin' a blast. I'm by no means awesome, but, I'd like to elevate my game by playing with a team. Teamwork and ganking situations can get kind of spotty on public games, so, I'm basically lookin' for people who are willing to play, talk on the mic, communicate, and then "pwn" some jerks. I figure, what better place to find sweet dudes than on GB?

Does such a league of amateurs who can't farm a zillion gold per minute but who actually enjoy cooperative team play exist?

#2 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

There is a chat channel for Giant Bomb called "Giantbomb" in Dota 2. A bunch of dudes congregate in that. There is also that house league thread where you might find some dudes. Other than that you'll probably have to settle for whoever posts in here. I'm a relative newcomer myself, so you're welcome to add me. I'm Subs on Steam. I'm not a rager like a lot of the guys who make the game less than fun to play.

#3 Posted by TheFreepie (82 posts) -

I'm [F2B] own3d.tv/TheFreepie on steam (yes very long)

Someone who can speak English would be a nice change

#4 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

I have the game but have not played the game to any extent at all. I played tons of LOL but not much DOTA2 yet. I am hoping to change that, though. My steam Acc is a private affair.

#5 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -
#6 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Just joined the GBdota 2 group, just started the game myself. Although I am new, I'm not an idiot. Played a fuck ton of Star Battle in SC2 where its basically Dota with ships and only one life, so if anything my flaw is not being aggressive enough for fear of death.

Still trying out heroes to find my fit, and still seeing lots of wtf stuff that I have no idea how to handle other than run.

#7 Posted by Hungry (165 posts) -

@StaticFalconar:

That is actually what you want to do. You want to enter the first skill level ascension that I like to call "Well at least I'm not feeding." Once you learn to observe your enemies and not die the second you get into their vision you can learn when to be aggressive.

#8 Posted by CFB (121 posts) -

How many of you guys are in Europe?

#9 Posted by g00ber (91 posts) -

Definitely down for this. Just started playing a few weeks ago and play casually. Little over 20 games so far. Still learning, but I'm not retarded.

#10 Edited by NaturalMongoose (2 posts) -

@cfb: I'm in Europe and looking for people to play with. My Steam name is NaturalMongoose if you want to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.