My custom dota 2 autoexec/config

#1 Edited by Salabrin (44 posts) -

Hey guys,

I've been playing dota 2 for a bit now and I've been a little obsessed with getting my config/ and auto exec perfect for my needs, I figured some of you may be interested and so I'll share.

What's in this thing:

Autoexec file:

1) Various modifications to how dota behaves (Adds a "Killcam", modifies health bars, hero size on minimap, scroll speed, flying unit height, etc.)

2) Enables the console and netgraph ( Basically text the runs in the corner of the screen and shows you your fps/ping in real time).

3) A couple of custom micro scripts (Binds keys to show runes, binds a key for courier item pickup and delivery, and a couple more)

4) Heavily commentated for easy modification for your likes.

Cfg file:

This one is only if you use a Razer Nostromo like me and want a cfg file to go along with it, don't use it if you use a regular keyboard.

Clarity:

A slightly modified version of the Dota2-Clarity project (https://github.com/iheartdisraptor/dota2-clarity) which features custom tutorial scripts (Juking paths, ward location and a couple others).

Download

Hope you guys enjoy, if you have any tips or corrections to make feel free.

Cheers!

#2 Posted by Sweep (8817 posts) -

So wait, you can run all this stuff and still run the game online, and Valve won't classify this as cheating?

#3 Posted by Salabrin (44 posts) -

Yup, some of the stuff ( Like radius circles) are just not enabled in online matchmaking, but most of it is. In anycase, it's all a-ok in Valve's books, since they can just disable whatever they want on the server side.

#4 Posted by AlexW00d (6184 posts) -

@sweep said:

So wait, you can run all this stuff and still run the game online, and Valve won't classify this as cheating?

It's just a config file man, it's where all the options are saved anyway.

#5 Edited by Salabrin (44 posts) -

@alexw00d: It's also the auto exec and the clarity tutorial stuff, so I get the question, but yea, it's all good.

#6 Posted by Sweep (8817 posts) -

@salabrin: Got any pics to show the differences it makes to the gameplay? I'm definitely interested in playing about with this when I get home.

Actually, realistically, I'm going to badger you on steam about this when I get home. So... y'know. Look forward to that.

#7 Posted by Salabrin (44 posts) -

Well, alot of the changes are nuanced and so don't really show in a screen grab, but I made this thing in paint to show some of the changes:

And this is the clarity tutorial stuff:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.