Need a decent headset for Dota 2. Any recommendations?

#1 Edited by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

It's about time I got a decent headset for Dota. Did a quick look through Amazon and realized I really don't have a clue what I'm looking for. Do any of you have any good suggestions for a first time PC headset?

#2 Edited by itspizza (435 posts) -

I just bought the Logitech G230 for the same reason. So far so good, the speakers sound really nice and balanced, and its pretty comfortable. I bought them recently and watched the international all weekend, so I haven't actually had a chance to play a game with them yet and test the mic. So far though its $50 well spent.

#3 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1456 posts) -

Save money and just mute the in client voice chat :D, but for a more serious answer I have found the plantroics stuff that I have bought has worked well, even after I split that fucker in half

#4 Edited by cbk486 (181 posts) -
#5 Posted by daedelus (92 posts) -

Depends how much you plan to use it and for what else. I take my iPod headphones to LAN with as they are not closed and can yell at teammates through them. Also light and easy to transport. If you plan to do extensive gaming with them get ones that are comfortable. I would imagine any headphone that is accurate and good for music would be ok for dota.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.