Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Need Non-Troll 5 Man Team - Regardless of Skill, Will Teach

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Okay I'll be honest,

The military changed me. I don't troll as much, if at all...I legit need a 5 man team to play because most my friends are working on their masters now, or life took them up.

I don't care what your skill is. My DOTA 2 account has a lot of commendations for being friendly and not an asshole. I was in Low Priority once because the base here has 3,000+ military who use a weak ass DSL setup. So most anyone gets is 10 mb/s, with a 1 mb/s upload. I'm not in Low Priority anymore.

Don't care if you're new, I'll teach you via Single Draft, Random Draft, and Captain's Mode because I don't play All Pick. It's retarded with people just counter picking the team that's stupid enough to pick all the heroes first. Don't care if you played for years, just need 4 people to play with to speed up wait times for games.

Send message on Steam if interested. Only play on weekends and barely during weekdays due to your taxes making me work so much.

Shit, I'll play Bot Mode if that helps.

PS. I'd rather suck a horse dick than do Low Priority again. That's how bad it was.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jking47

So, I am willing to give this a go, I have played a little bit of DOTA2, but I have played more LoL(still not very good =P). What are the big differences between this game and league of legends? I will send you a friend request on steam and start redownloading dota2.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

@jking47: Denying is a big one.

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By indiefinch

@jking47 said:

So, I am willing to give this a go, I have played a little bit of DOTA2, but I have played more LoL(still not very good =P). What are the big differences between this game and league of legends? I will send you a friend request on steam and start redownloading dota2.

LoL and Dota really have no similarities other then there being towers, three lanes, and a hero pool. Your best bet is to read this guide by Purge - http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Just some major differences:

LoL is based around a generic lane lineup where as Dota is more based around hero synergy. You need to build teams around pushing, teamfight, lategame...etc but in LoL you just need AP mid, AD and support bot...etc.

As KaosAngel said denying is a big difference. If you are laning against a skilled person they can pretty much shut you down.

Dota is more focused on getting kills, someone once said "in LoL towers protect you but in Dota, you protect the towers." People will be ganking a lot more and with scroll of teleport you can be right at you tower defending it. Towers don't do enough damage to where you can move under it and be safe.

In Dota a really well farmed Anti Mage or Faceless Void will be able to 1v4 your team and win, but in LoL even a really farmed Caitlyn wont be able to take on the full enemy team alone. So you have to be a lot more proactive about stopping their farm before they get to that point, rather then just winning the teamfights.

In LoL you get a free teleport back to base, in dota you can purchase a scroll of teleport for 135g and it lets you TP to any tower on the map. However in Dota you are able to use a courier to deliver your items to you, so you will not have to leave your lane to pick up items.

In LoL AP character scale with items, in Dota magical heros do not scale with items, their attacks do the base amount all game. So they will be a lot stronger early game then lose effectiveness late game. But in LoL someone like Orianna and Cassiopeia can scale to be stronger.

Just some off the top of my head. At first they seem the same, but once you start playing more you can see the major differences. If you want help learning or even more discussion it on, feel free to track me down here or in Dota...I am always teaching new players the game and don't mind answering questions.

I would be down to play, I am always in the GiantBomb chat channel in game. As well as in the DotaInsight chat channel in game (dota podcast I do) so if you are ever searching for someone look in either of those places. I usually try to fill teams of people before queuing as well, I just stopped Solo queue all together so I am always looking for people.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rattle618

@KaosAngel: I know this is 2 months old but... Did you find 4 dudes already? are you still looking?.

I have played next to nothing, but I´ve seen some tutorial videos and I think I have a basic grasp of strategy and jargon. I´d love to get into this game, but it´s just too boring to go through all the stuff you need to learn alone. My steam id is the same as this one.

bucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bucifer

@Rattle618 said:

@KaosAngel: I know this is 2 months old but... Did you find 4 dudes already? are you still looking?.

I have played next to nothing, but I´ve seen some tutorial videos and I think I have a basic grasp of strategy and jargon. I´d love to get into this game, but it´s just too boring to go through all the stuff you need to learn alone. My steam id is the same as this one.

Yeah, I'd like to join in as well

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rattle618

@neoneoane said:

@Rattle618 said:

Yeah, I'd like to join in as well

Well that is 2/5 of a team right there, we are getting closer.

XantaKlawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XantaKlawz

, just ping me any evening. If I'm online, I'll play with you.

We could always try to arrange a 5-man, Giantbomb team and try to do something regularly one evening.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.