Nolan North-ing it up

#1 Posted by Vitor (2810 posts) -
#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10479 posts) -

I don't want to play this game at all, but if I did, I would feel as happy as he looks in that picture.

#3 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -
#4 Posted by EpicVandal (74 posts) -

DOTA2 for Northies 2012!

#5 Edited by ProjektGill (752 posts) -

Valve is really pulling out all the stops on the voice cast for DOTA2 which is kind of crazy considering that it's a MOBA. Then again, it's fucking impressive the amount of care that is going into a game that people will play for the competitiveness of the gameplay and not the quality of the VO even though Valve will be selling announcer packs for each character so I guess some people will care about that stuff.

Also Jon St.John is currently voicing 4 characters (my personal favourite line) and Tony Todd is voicing 3 which is crazy.

#6 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

Nolan North is Skynet.

#7 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

@ProjektGill said:

Valve is really pulling out all the stops on the voice cast for DOTA2 which is kind of crazy considering that it's a MOBA. Then again, it's fucking impressive the amount of care that is going into a game that people will play for the competitiveness of the gameplay and not the quality of the VO even though Valve will be selling announcer packs for each character so I guess some people will care about that stuff.

Also Jon St.John is currently voicing 4 characters (my personal favourite line) and Tony Todd is voicing 3 which is crazy.

The quality and amount of voice acting is amazing. Coming from LoL, its night and day. LoL = Laugh/Taunt/Joke. Dota2 = 10 minutes of Dialogue, including rivalry related dialogue, death sounds, item related dialogue, and just a heap of other stuff and the quality of it is incredible. It's really really great.

#8 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

@ProjektGill said:

I have spent over 400 hours on Dota 2 already and I am still hearing new things. Yesterday Tidehunter killed Slardar and said "Why do you fight me Slardar, together we could have brought Knukka to the bottom of the sea!" The voice stuff alone is something that sets Dota 2 leaps and bounds above the rest and shows Valve's commitment to this game. They could have stuck with a few generic sayings, but they went the extra mile and are making each match feel unique.

#9 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4286 posts) -

GotY...sorry, GotD. Game of the Decade.

#10 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo: You aren't allowed to say this Choo Choo.

You are a Latifah. Act like one.

#11 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
#12 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4286 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

@jorbear said:

@BabyChooChoo: You aren't allowed to say this Choo Choo.

You are a Latifah. Act like one.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/dat%20ass/grand/xp8QT.gif

LOL. I'm on temporary leave. I went to the Himalayas to train with the DotAtian monks. It involves a lot of physical training...and Eve Online...and Super MNC...and whatever other games I've been playing on Steam. If that excuse doesn't work, I've got plenty more.

#13 Edited by BeachThunder (11702 posts) -

I bet he doesn't even remember that he recorded the dialogue for it...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.