* Tranquil Boots disabled speed reduced from 50 to 25
* Tranquil Boots heal increased from 170 to 250
* Tranquil Boots cooldown increased from 40 to 60
* Tranquil Boots heal duration increased from 10 to 20
* Illuminate manacost increased from 150 to 150/160/170/180
* Illuminate AOE reduced from 400 to 350
* Spiked Carapace duration reduced from 2.75 to 2.25
* Spiked Carapace cooldown increased from 14 to 23/20/17/14
* Marksmanship bonus is removed when there are nearby enemy heroes (instead of just being halved)
* Reduced Marksmanship enemy detection aoe reduced from 400 to 375
* Heaven’s Halberd's Disarm is no longer dispelled by Manta
* Living Armor damage reduction is now done for all instances of damage that reduce its charges

As with all balance changes, don't expect these to be added to the Dota 2 client for another week or two.

The biggest change here is obviously a pretty substantial nerf to Tranquil Boots. After being buffed out of obscurity previously Tranquils pretty much became the gold standard boot for carries due to their unparallelled lane sustain. While Tranquils will maintain their powerful heal, a longer heal duration means it will be easier to shut down the full heal before it finishes. The move speed nerf also means that getting into a prolonged fight will be dangerous as broken Tranquils are now slower than naked boots. This means it will be incredibly difficult to chase or escape with Tranquils now. A lot of carries, especially those that plan on spending a lot of time in the jungle, will probably still pick up Tranquils for the early game, but it's pretty much a non-option for supports who can't afford to have a "Please kill me." sign taped to their back every time their Tranquils break.

The rest of the changes here are mostly targeted nerfs at the strongest heroes in the game right now. KotL's Illuminate hasn't lost any of its punch, but it has lost some of it's AoE and has taken a decent increase in mana cost making Illuminate spam harder to keep up in lane, but he still has Chakra Magic so not really.

Meanwhile Nyx has received a pretty substantial nerf to Spike Carapace. The initial increased cooldown means it will be hard to get more than one use out of it per fight, and as maxing anything but Impale is pretty much a no go we won't see Spiked Carapace reaching its full potential until far later into the game.

While Drow is still not in Captain's Mode, anyone playing All Pick knows full well the terror that is Drow Ranger. This is probably the most meaningful nerf this patch as it greatly reduces the amount of damage Drow Ranger is capable of putting out in teamfights while still maintaining her insane pushing power. Hopefully this goes a long way in bringing Drow into balance so she can be added to Captain's soon.

Well, that's all for now folks. Hopefully next time I have to make one of these we'll be in 6.78.

#2 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

Really solid patch. Glad to see the nerf to Tranquil Boots, at first we only saw people like Crystal Maiden or Lich pick them up. Then they became the go to boots for Phantom Lancer, Meepo, and Luna...just seemed like they were not fulfilling the role Icefrog intended.

KotL and Nyx needed the small nerf as well. KotL was annoying but you were able to dodge the illuminate. But Nyx was just super annoying, just when you thought you would kill him...NOPE Spiked Carapace and he escapes.

It would be nice to see this hotfixed in this weekend, but I doubt it. Probably will just come with the test realm patch next Wednesday.

#3 Posted by Mageknight (121 posts) -

Solid balance changes, but they don't address the current problem plaguing the game: Phantom Lancer. That guy needs his agi growth reverted to previous not-broken levels. However, nerfs to KotL, Nyx, and the changes to Tranquil are all good. Also, dat living armor buff.

#4 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -

With the Tranquil boots nerf Crystal Maiden is no longer playable.

#5 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

With the Tranquil boots nerf Crystal Maiden is no longer playable.

I'm really hoping she gets a movement speed buff in 6.78.

Crystal Maiden is one of my favorite heroes but being so squishy and and so slow makes it so easy to die if you are even a little bit out of position.

#6 Edited by ajamafalous (11957 posts) -

Tranquil nerf is disappointing, to say the least. I was enjoying having another solid option for boots, but now with the heavy ms nerf I probably won't pick them up on any hero anymore.

WTB: bigger KOTL nerfs, Gyro nerfs, more substantial Drow nerfs, PL nerfs. I'm so sick of seeing Gyro and Ezalor picked/banned in every comp game.

#7 Edited by TobbRobb (4596 posts) -

Lol, I think in general this is a really good patch. But the change on Drow feels a little off. Sure, she is going to be waaaaay less effective in big fights against coordinated teams. But it did nothing against her pubstomp capabilities.... Oh well, maybe this will make people less bitchy whenever you win with Drow. Hell maybe now I can lose with her.

Also nerf PL and Gyro plz kthxbai.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.