Official Dota2 house league its a thing now

• 99 results
#51 Posted by majinace (42 posts) -

ID: Majinace

Server: US East (1st), US West (2nd)

Skill: Experienced

Role: 3 and 4

I agree that no hero should be banned. Like previously mentioned, in captains mode heroes are selected and banned in the process anyway so things will work itself out there.

#52 Posted by Sweep (8927 posts) -

I'm tempted to sign up but I haven't much time to spare, so the chances of me available are pretty slim - especially as I'm in the EU, so timezones might be an issue.

All the people saying "Ban tide" or "Ban PL" are also kinda putting me off. If you think Tide is OP then you obviously have no idea what you are doing :D

#53 Posted by twigger89 (278 posts) -

@IndieFinch said:

This sounds like it could be great fun, count me in.

Steam ID: Indiefinch (Finch in dota)

Server: US W

Role: 2 and 3 are my main, however can play the other roles decently if the team needs it.

Oh shit it's Finch from dota insight, awesome!

@Sweep said:

I'm tempted to sign up but I haven't much time to spare, so the chances of me available are pretty slim - especially as I'm in the EU, so timezones might be an issue.

All the people saying "Ban tide" or "Ban PL" are also kinda putting me off. If you think Tide is OP then you obviously have no idea what you are doing :D

I'm pretty sure we are just going to play captains mode games, so people can ban anyone they want, but it will cost them one of their bans. There is going to be a huge discrepency in skill level and unfortunately that means some heroes are going to be disproportionally good in these games. Hopefully there will be enough experienced players to correct that kind of imbalance.

#54 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5147 posts) -

@rb_man: Just wanted to make it clear, I can fill a spot if someone doesn't show up for a game but don't sign me up for any team.

#55 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -

@Sweep: It is not going to happen FOR SURE. Just saying. Also this is not a really hard scheduled event as long as you can play one best of 3 set a week which is about 2-3 hours you are fine But as of right now we have 2 EU teams so it might be all right or you could be a substitute were if you can play and a teams player did not show up you could fill in for him.

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@rb_man: Just wanted to make it clear, I can fill a spot if someone doesn't show up for a game but don't sign me up for any team.

Don't worry I have you down as a substitute ONLY. You are fine my firend. :D

#56 Posted by Sweep (8927 posts) -

@rb_man: Alright, I guess put me down as a sub. I will only be able to play at weekends though.

1. Sweep360
  2. EU West / US East
  3. Experienced
  4. All
#57 Edited by rb_man (451 posts) -

@Sweep said:

@rb_man: Alright, I guess put me down as a sub. I will only be able to play at weekends though.

1. Sweep360
  2. EU West / US East
  3. Experienced
  4. All

That's great now I have a EU sub. Also it is super kick ass I have a Mod tanking a part in this event even if it is a limited one.

#58 Edited by aDiXO (1 posts) -

Dont interested ..so edited and signed out !

#59 Posted by levolent (12 posts) -

5 followers and minecraft in the stream title? Ouch. What would it take for you to let a professional streamer take over that link in the OP? I would be willing to trade ad-space even, I could use the exposure....

Steam ID: !twitch.tv/Levolent

Server: US East or West

Skill: Average (but long time dota 1 player)

Role: Any (I like to random, but can tryhard pick as needed)

#60 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -

@levolent: Meh we are not trying to make this a big main stream event. It is a house league for funzeys and I an not trying to be a pro streamer just a guy from the community that streams for fun late at night when me and my friends can't sleep. Thanks for the offer but no thanks. But I have you on the list of players.

#61 Edited by evilrazer (491 posts) -
  1. kibermaster
  2. EU West
  3. New
  4. idk
#62 Posted by Aterons (198 posts) -

1. Strategyatg

2. EU East ( can also play on W )

3. Total noob, picked the game up 2 days ago

4. Only played random draft, but i had a 2.5/1 kd with the nyx guy... so i guess 4 or 3

#63 Posted by flashlightbr (8 posts) -

I'm up for it. You may want to ask if people have experience drafting too. Most people I know don't play captain's mode and if a team doesn't have anyone who knows how to draft they are kind of screwed.

Steam ID: nikki500mapel (screen: flashlight / NAU Flashlight)

Server: US West

Role: 1 or 3. I have decent experience with all other roles too.

#64 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -
@Hungry said:

@The_Drizzle said:

While i think this is a good idea, in my opinion, the disparity between skills levels is going to be large. Not sure how the balancing and team creation will go, but hopefully it works out.

Yeah I am a little worried about that as well. Considering the average skill level of the people who all played on Saturday I feel like there are some teams that are going to be entirely reliant on how the "best" person on their team plays a position and how they lord over the less experienced players.

Dont be a baby and sign up already so I can unleash my superior skills upon you, it will be fun. 

@rb_man: Im still pretty bad at the game, but if I can help out with anything else that doesnt involve actual skill let me know!
#65 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -

@Rattle618: If you are any good at Photoshop we would use a better banner and a few other items (PM me for more details) or if you fell good about your voice I am looking for so extra Co-Casters.

#66 Posted by MattBodega (1907 posts) -

Steam ID: MattBodega

Server: US East

Experience: New, only 100 games played

Lane Roles: probably 4 and 5.

#67 Posted by silentghost227 (79 posts) -

Steam ID: silentghost227

server: US East

Experience: Below Average

Roles: I guess 5 but will play anything

#68 Posted by wanmirriontroobs (2 posts) -

1.Steam ID: Bay4Life

2.Server: US West/East

3.Skill: New

4.Role: 1 and 2

I just got this game recently and I would like to play. This sounds really fun! :DD

#69 Posted by levolent (12 posts) -

I'm surprised noone has added me from this thread yet... I get more action on random /r/dota2 posts in reddit

#70 Posted by Myrr (1 posts) -

Steam ID: Myrr

Server : US West

Skill : Experienced

Role: Can do all, but best at 1-3-4

#71 Posted by megafootdude (1 posts) -

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/epicpro

Server: US East/West

Skill: Average

Role: 2, 5

#72 Posted by Hyti (11 posts) -

1. Hyti

2. EU West/East

3. New (under 100 games)

4. 5

#73 Edited by carmofin (1 posts) -

1.Steam ID: carmofin

2.Server: US EAST, EU WEST

3. Average

4. Pretty much all but 1

(Uh and im a longtime lurker!)

#74 Posted by Chopaxe (1 posts) -

Steam ID: Chopaxe

Skill: Between New and Average

Role: 5 first then 1

#75 Posted by ProjektGill (753 posts) -

Steam ID: PointMan

Skill: Average

Role: 1 and 3

#76 Posted by Cronus42 (276 posts) -

Steam ID: Cronus/ Batman

Role: Almost always a 2, but love the 3 solo off-lane spot.

#77 Edited by Niche (87 posts) -
#78 Posted by doursiezel (1 posts) -

Hey I am down. I registered these forums after seeing this thread!

1. Xx80mgOPxX
  2. US East
  3. New/Average
  4. 3 or 4 (3 is my best)
#79 Posted by levolent (12 posts) -

When is this going to get started exactly? I've told a few of my viewers about this, so you got some from there btw.

#80 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -

Registration is Closed

Any Posts after this one will not be accepted.

We will be announcing teams tomorrow the 20th at around Noon EST and the pools will start on Thursday the 24th.

#81 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -
#82 Edited by levolent (12 posts) -

@levolent said:

5 followers and minecraft in the stream title? Ouch. What would it take for you to let a professional streamer take over that link in the OP? I would be willing to trade ad-space even, I could use the exposure....

Steam ID: !twitch.tv/Levolent

Server: US East or West

Skill: Average (but long time dota 1 player)

Role: Any (I like to random, but can tryhard pick as needed)

@rb_man said:

• @levolent

: Meh we are not trying to make this a big main stream event. It is a house league for funzeys and I an not trying to be a pro streamer just a guy from the community that streams for fun late at night when me and my friends can't sleep. Thanks for the offer but no thanks. But I have you on the list of players.

Column HeadColumn HeadColumn HeadColumn Head

@rb_man said:

Team 1Team 2Team 3Team 4Team 5
UndoneBahamutTobbRobbblommerMageknighteric
manhunt360Mrskidders1983fireprince96Hotcheesebandit007nikki500mapel
Jukebox JoeChromakeyIroN1cMitch0712Superfluous
SystemyHytibi0nic101Acura_MaxHyst3ri4
EvilRazerStrategyatgOptix101pOke_A_neRdcarmofin
Team 6Team 7Team 8Team 9Substitutes
IndiefinchMajinaceCronusCardinalSinsSweep
PointManWadeBrigadetwiggerBaby Choo ChooMr.Skeleton
mcgrittles_#BASEDEh'pekcounterterroristKing mobrb_man
Bay4LifeRattle618ChopaxeXantaKlawz
OserottoMattBodegaShibbolethsilentghost227

*boggle* Huh?

#83 Posted by Vitor (2824 posts) -

Right, need to get some practice games going now

#84 Posted by Vitor (2824 posts) -

Anyone know where the casted stream of Saturday's game is? Wouldn't mind rewatching that to relieve that bitter, bitter defeat once more.

#85 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5147 posts) -
#86 Posted by Vitor (2824 posts) -
#87 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5147 posts) -
#88 Posted by TobbRobb (4760 posts) -

Watching a casted stream of your own play after its over is an unreal fucking experience. XD

Educational though!

#89 Posted by Vitor (2824 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Vitor: Might also be this one

http://www.twitch.tv/trialcasting/b/361000545

That's the one, thanks!

Weird to watch it though, it seems luck a much closer game than I thought it had been. I remember just being steam-rolled by the Radiant but it seems we were evenly matched for half the game.

Also, would have been nice for the casters to notice the constant multi-kills I got... oh well...

#90 Edited by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

Cool, you guys are casting the games too? Can't wait to see my team's game casted! Could you post like Team X vs Team Y and a respective link to the video after it's done?

#91 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5147 posts) -

@FirePrince: Shouldn't be too hard.

#92 Posted by Vitor (2824 posts) -

Team Funk is changing their name to one of the following:

"That's million pucks"

"Anti-mage is for jerks"

"I'm a Warlock, and that looks f*cked up"

Any preferences?

#93 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

I think I'm a lifestealer and that looks fucked up seems better?

#94 Edited by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

I still have not gotten over that defibrilator PC crash. Nice commentary guys.

Edit: Is anybody else getting some unbearable stuttering on the first match's replay?

#95 Posted by EXTomar (4860 posts) -

Fantastic work. With more matches you will get faster and smoother at the setup for streaming. :)

#96 Posted by ZombiePie (5711 posts) -
#97 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5147 posts) -

That's really cool, thanks.

#98 Posted by FlipperDesert (2098 posts) -

@Vitor said:

"That's million pucks"

This without question!

I only caught the last game but I enjoyed watching it today, if there's another one of these in the future I'll have to sign up for it.

#99 Posted by levolent (12 posts) -

If anyone needs a sub, I'm one of the lucky 4 that got "randomly" selected to not participate. (guess asking around for 1 more person or warning us first would have been too hard eh?)

I also happen to be a competing caster and made a not so friendly comment about the leader's 5-follower, Minecraft-themed stream at the start.... HMMMM.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.