Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Official GB DOTA2 Scrub League Steam Group!

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have you ever wanted to play DOTA?

Have you ever felt so intimidated by the DOTA learning curve and community that you simply refused to even give DOTA a shot?

Would you like to learn how to play DOTA with other newbies who are just as bad at the game (or even worse) than you?

If you answered yes to any, or ideally all of these questions, then this is the miracle you have been waiting for!

I have created the official(ish?) Giant Bomb DOTA 2 Scrub League Steam group!!!111one

At this point I am sure you are screaming at your computer screen...

"BUT HUEY! THERE IS ALREADY A GIANT BOMB CHANNEL IN DOTA2, WHY WOULD I NEED TO JOIN A STEAM GROUP YOU STUPID IDIOT?!?!"

This is a fair question, and the answer is simple. The Giant Bomb DOTA2 Scrub League is a group that allows *new* players from the GB DOTA2 community to congregate outside of the chat channel to plan games, tournaments, and to share advice and strategies we find.

Don't think of it as a replacement for the in game chat channel, think of it as a supplement, another part of it, an evolution of it.

With that out of the way, I am sure you are wondering how to join this glorious, magnificent, genius group of people (well technically person, I am the only one in it right now).

The answer is simple, click this link stupid!

So in summation. If you are new to DOTA, join the group, and have fun playing and learning with other new players. Also tell your friends.

Here is the link one more time.

See you in game! (hopefully?)

hojufixter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This sounds good. Signing up now

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds good. Signing up now

Great!

If you have any friends that are even remotely interested in DOTA, tell them about it, I want a fun welcoming group of people who regularly play and learn the game together.

Merricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that I want to diminish your idea here, but the GB chat is pretty inclusive to new players and I only see one or two individual people who don't embrace new players in their games. When we set up inhouses we have teams with people that have 800 game wins partnered up with people that have 12 and that's a great way to learn too.

Also, I know that when starting out you really only want to play against other beginners but the best way to get better is to play against a better opponent. Anyway, I'm not saying this is a bad idea, I just didn't want any new players to feel that they weren't welcome in the GB chat because they are, and even if you have 0 wins and have only ever played bot games, you are welcome in any inhouse game that I or most of the people I know will host.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merricks: Totally get that, it's not so much about new players playing other new players, it's more so that new players can make teams with other new players to do MM together.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.