Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Question on the number of russian players in EU server

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tomkang

Every single game I play there are at least 3 russian speaking players. I have no problem with their skill however I can not communicate what so ever with them. Playing Dota with no communication is much harder than it needs to be. Now that Valve has created a Russian server alongside the EU one, why are there still so many russian speaking players on the EU server when they have their own server?

ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ErrorOperator

If you're european do what I do and queue for US East, the ping is fine and I find that American's tend to use more teamwork.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Russophobe!

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By indiefinch

I believe its a mixture of a few things. One is that people like to play where the most amount of people are. Right now that would be the Europe region. Why would they wait in a longer queue for the Russian server? Another is that the Russian server is located in Stockholm, so the pings arn't so drastically different then the European server...so there is no need for them to have any desire to switch to a lower populated server.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Is it on par with the amount of Spanish-speakers on Gears of War? Because my god there are a lot of them.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I switched to US servers a few months ago.

Grand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Grand

We have the same problem. I'm Texan, I constantly see players speaking voodoo tongues I cant make heads or tails of and all I queue into is US East and West. But usually they are completely unruly and disrespectful so ;.; Your also going to see Arabic, Mexican and South American languages on U.S. servers, the logic seems to be that if their servers suck, ours will somehow be better.

The thing is, no matter where you queue or what language you speak, if you cannot communicate with your team (And no, pings don't count. Thats a half-assed excuse for communication) and you are rude and obnoxious, people aren't going to like you. If you speak English and aren't calling me a "Shitty American" then there is no problem with you queueing here. I rarely see people I DON'T have a problem with these days.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's funny, League of Legends has the same problem with Brazilians and other South Americans. What a coincidence!

Grand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Grand

@President_Barackbar said:

That's funny, League of Legends has the same problem with Brazilians and other South Americans. What a coincidence!

I'm probably going to sound like a racist, but eff it. South American countries and a lot of European countries are not really known for being high tech, up to date, or financially stable. Free to play attracts players from those parts of the world in droves specifically because they have no money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.