So is there a Giantbomb team or something?

• 54 results
#51 Edited by EXTomar (4911 posts) -

If I have any suggestion about Dota 2: Don't play matches with friends at the start. :) It is fine to create lobbies and bot machines playing with friends but I would never build a team with friends unless I knew for sure we all had a similar mmr and all would be okay with winning or losing. It isn't a "blame thing" but the chances for a better, more evenly matched game are much better if you let them play at their level.

#52 Edited by Th3irdEye (261 posts) -

@CheapPoison: Unfortunately, I didn't end up getting on my PC to see that announcement until two hours after it had started. I will definitely try to be at whatever comes up next. I think this will help a lot since it will actually notify everyone when we are playing instead of people having to dig through this thread or try to find people at random times.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the steam group converts event times to your local time zone correct?

#53 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5152 posts) -

@Th3irdEye: yes

#54 Posted by majinace (42 posts) -

Hey duders, I added myself on the google doc (majinace) but I just wanted to post that I'm looking for some new friends to play dota 2 with. The giantbomb folks are always friendly and who better to go to first? My friend Josh and I play Dota 2 all the time but we're frustrated by the inconsistency of our teammates ability. We're looking to roll with the same people on a regular basis. Like I said on the google doc, I've played over 500 games and I'd consider myself a 'veteran' skill level even though I seem to have a 50-50 win rate. I played Dota 1 a ton too, so that's helped my memorization of all the heroes and their abilities.

my steam name is also Majinace, just identify yourself as a giant bomber and we'll be fast friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.