Take survey email legit?

#1 Posted by Wuddel (2079 posts) -

I got the survey email from valve. Legit of phishing?

#2 Edited by benpicko (1997 posts) -

Yes.

Type 'steam://takesurvey/1/' into steam chat and click it if the link doesn't work. Anyone can do it, too.

#3 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

it's legit, i just filled it out.

if link isn't working, update your steam client.

#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

I have the same mail - seems legit bu i'm a vain bastard and aint gonna follow the link until my new video card arrives tomorrow - wouldn't want valve laughing at my outdated hardware haha!

#5 Posted by wewantsthering (1551 posts) -

Yep! I can't wait to get home and fill out the survey!

#6 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Totally legit, duder!

#7 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

@OmegaPirate said:

I have the same mail - seems legit bu i'm a vain bastard and aint gonna follow the link until my new video card arrives tomorrow - wouldn't want valve laughing at my outdated hardware haha!

Haha. Awesome.

#8 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

http://blog.dota2.com/2011/10/the-sleeping-dragon-wakes/

Of note:

One thing everyone will tell you is that Dota is a game that’s more fun with friends. Because of that, we wanted to make sure everyone we invited could bring a couple of friends – so everyone who receives Dota 2 will be given two extra copies that they can hand out to whomever they’d like

and

The extra data the survey provides will allow us to ensure we invite a wide spread of players and hardware.

So your outdated graphics card might be a good thing ;)

#9 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

@OmegaPirate said:

Older hardware might give you a better chance at getting early access, they are looking to test the game on as many different setups as possible...

#10 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

They did the same thing last year, so yeah.

#11 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4285 posts) -

@benpicko said:

Yes.

Type 'steam://takesurvey/1/' into steam chat and click it if the link doesn't work. Anyone can do it, too.

You can also just type it into your browser, fyi, but whatever works since both roads lead to the same destination obviously

#12 Posted by AlexW00d (6184 posts) -

I just filled it in, I didn't realise there would be a fucking aptitude test, I have never played Dota before, so my answer was 0 to everything.

#13 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I've played like 3 DoTA matches, but 700 LoL matches, and now I don't know what to respond!

#14 Posted by raiz265 (2233 posts) -

the questions were kinda weird, I haven't played any DotA since the Heroes of Newerth beta... i more or less went with the stats from HoN now.. whatever :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.