Team-creation for the Official DOTA 2 GiantBomb Tournament

#1 Edited by CheapPoison (724 posts) -

This is the place for people who are interested in participating in the new community ran tournament, but don't have a team join and are looking for a place to find people for it. There is already a stickied about this but we figured it is easier to have a temporary post just for the tournament.

For more information about the tournament see

Official Dota 2 Giant bomb Tournament

Basic Info you should provide

Your Steam name

Your location

Which Bracket you like to participate in

Number of wins

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any)

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating)

------------------------------------------------

Feel free to throw up any additional information that you might think is useful.
And feel free to discuss possible cooperating if you see someone that seems to be a good fit.

#2 Edited by Schnoo (41 posts) -

Steam name: Schnook

Bracket: High

Number of wins: 860

Favorite role and hero: Offlane bountyhunter, but I also play carry and support

#3 Edited by EdenCode (1 posts) -

Steam Name: deltastorm0 or Eden Code - ( •_•)>⌐■-■

Bracket: High (Wish I could go low since I'm still crappy :()

Number of Wins: 1000

Favorite role and hero: I mostly random so I can fill any needed role when asked.

#4 Posted by A_Wet_Shamwow (230 posts) -

Steam Name: Rhinooceroose

Bracket: (I wish I could compete in low, but I have 155 wins atm) High

Number of Wins: 155

Favorite Role/Hero: I like to play supports/Initiators, I really like enigma.

I wouldn't mind being a captain.

#5 Edited by woutr (22 posts) -

Steam Name: Woutr

Number of Wins: ~200

Favorite role and hero: I can play most heroes decently (often random), really like rubick, kunkka and clockwork.

#6 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (568 posts) -

@schnoo: @edencode: @a_wet_shamwow: @woutr: A quick suggestion if I may; you have 4 people there, all wanting to play in high bracket. I'd suggest you talk to each other, and see about putting together a team. It's what this thread is for, after all. Enjoy!

#7 Posted by m16mojo2 (294 posts) -

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong thread to be asking this. Does anyone have an extra invite I could use?

I've tried to stay away from D.O.T.A. 2, but it looks intriguing.

#9 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (568 posts) -
#10 Edited by Winternet (8004 posts) -
  • It's Winternet, you silly
  • Stop stalking me, jeez. (Ok, let's say GMT)
  • In the lower brackets, if you know what I'm saying. haha..ha..no? Nevermind then.
  • Around 80-ish wins.
  • Zeus is pretty cool. Gyro is too. And Lycan. And Drow. And Lina. And...
  • Not really, unless there's a need to do so.
#11 Edited by Flabbergastrate (274 posts) -

Steam name: Quesadildo

Bracket: Normal

Wins: ~200

Role/Hero: Most supports 'cept Chen, many core heroes like Death Prophet and Necrolyte. Some experience with hard carries.

I call not captain ain't nobody got time for that

#12 Posted by munocard (47 posts) -
#13 Posted by The_Nick (5 posts) -

Your Steam name: The Nick

Your location: East Coast, USA

Which Bracket you like to participate in: Low

Number of wins: 14

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): Any

Don't mind being a team captain to handle the administrative stuff, but looking for someone with more game knowledge to lead the team into battle.

#14 Edited by lanerobertlane (136 posts) -

Steam name: lanerobertlane

Bracket: Either?

Wins: 05wins 08losses (fairly n00b, but learning steadily and having fun. That's what vidya games is about, right?)

Hero: Vengeful Spirit

Ok for games on PST time zone despite living in the UK (6pm PST is 02:00 UK time), I'm pretty nocturnal. work nights, mostly and get home from work at 1:30am.

#15 Posted by laserbot (12 posts) -

Your Steam name: Laserbot

Your location: Berkeley, CA

Which Bracket you like to participate in: Lowest of low scrubs low. Low.

Number of wins: 11

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): I don't think I'm qualified to have a favorite yet.

Note: I'm out of town June 26-June 30.

#16 Edited by AlKusanagi (907 posts) -

Your Steam name: alkusanagi

Your location: US East Coast

Which Bracket you like to participate in: low level

Number of wins: 12. I've only played about 20 real matches

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): Not really sure, but I usually hold a lane by myself. I mainly play Lina, but I can use a few others.

#17 Edited by HaroldoNVU (591 posts) -

Your Steam name: HaroldoNVU

Your location: Brazil, usually free during European "prime time".

Which Bracket you like to participate in: Low level

Number of wins: 11 + dozens of bot matched

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): Support. I can Jungle as Enchantress and solo the hard lane as Windrunner. I can play as most support heroes if given a day or two to train but right now I favor Crystal Maiden, Enchantress, Tidehunter, Witch Doctor, Lich and Sven. If needed I can also play as Initiator with Centaur, Tidehunter, Batrider and Tiny but I'm not great with mid-laners and carries (unless they're junglers). I mean, that's what I do better given my skill level.

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating): Yes, but I'd prefer joining a team with someone more experient. I'm not a great English speaker but I understand just fine and can follow commands.

EDIT: already on a team.

#18 Edited by DoC (16 posts) -

Info was here previously but I am now spoken for, thanks for your interest!

#19 Posted by The_Cat (1 posts) -

Steam name: The Cat

Wins: 478

Favourite role/hero: Disabler, Carry/Sand King, Juggernaut

Captain: Yes

Info: Plenty of experience, a veteran from Dota 1. Comfortable playing absolutely any hero. I find dota fails hilarious.

#20 Edited by ArchdukeAwesome (3 posts) -

Steam name: Ta'a Te Tu

Bracket: Noob

Wins: <10

Fav role: Support, I guess

Captain: Nope

#21 Posted by rheiv (5 posts) -

Your Steam name: rheiv

Your location: US East

Which Bracket you like to participate in: High

Number of wins: 725

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): Any

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating): Prefer not to, but can

#22 Posted by Encognegro (35 posts) -

Your Steam name - The Lord Bishop

Your location- US West

Which Bracket you like to participate in- Low Level

Number of wins- 71 (as of today)

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any)- Initiator/ Earth Shaker or Tide Hunter

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating)- I don't mind being a team captain.

#23 Posted by DualFayte (128 posts) -

Your Steam name - Brown Town

Your location - Ontario, Canada

Which Bracket you like to participate in - High

Number of wins - 232

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any) - Fav. hero: Templar Assassin, mid. Will play anything team needs.

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating) - Yes.

#24 Posted by Fredddi43 (316 posts) -

Your Steam name: Fredddi43

Your location: Germany

Which Bracket you like to participate in: Low

Number of wins: 20-ish

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): Ranged Carry, Sniper, Drow...

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating): Yes

#25 Posted by cenie (1 posts) -

Your Steam name: Cenie

Your location: USW

Number of wins: 119 + in house games

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): Any, most experience on support but also trying to learn carry.

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating): Not really.

#26 Posted by Atomicvideohead (41 posts) -

Your Steam name : Videohead

Your location: USE

Number of wins: 611

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): Carry, Necrolyte

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating): Sure.

#27 Posted by VicWhiten (1 posts) -

Your Steam name: VicWhiten

Number of wins: 135

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): support/offlane, Darkseer, Tree, Bane, Nyx

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating): Sure, why not?

#28 Edited by eagle6002 (47 posts) -

Your Steam name: eagle6002

Number of wins: 700

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): Offlane / Carry, Dark Seer / Alchemist

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating): I would prefer not to

#29 Edited by Wunder_ (1167 posts) -

Hope you guys are checking back often! There are quite a few people in high/low that could probably make up a team or two if someone organizes it. Gogo~

#30 Edited by Do_The_Manta_Ray (568 posts) -

@the_nick: @encognegro: @lanerobertlane: @munocard: @winternet: @archdukeawesome: @fredddi43: @laserbot:

If I may make a suggestion to you guys; you have here 8 people all interested in participating in the low-bracket tournament. Judging by your posts, you've got the makings up a really really decent team here. The sign-ups officially end in only three days (today included), so take the time to contact each other and make a go at it for the tournament.

#31 Edited by AlisterCat (5480 posts) -

I'm pretty terrible but here we go:

Your Steam name: AlisterCat

Your location: UK (I can play any time generally though)

Which Bracket you like to participate in: Low (Maybe high? I don't know how high is high)

Number of wins: 113

Favorite role and favorite hero: Nature's Prophet - Jungler/Push

No Captain! :p

#32 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (568 posts) -

A quick note; tomorrow'll be the last day to sign up; so if you're still interested in doing so, get on it. We've got 2 more teams signing up for the lower bracket confirmed. More would sure be nice, though. Same goes for the higher one. In this thread alone, there's enough for 5 additional teams.

#33 Posted by The_Nick (5 posts) -

Anyone interested in low bracket - I will be in game around 9PM EST tonight and looking to get a team together and confirm our entry tonight. Please contact me either through PM on this site or on Steam if you are interested.

#34 Edited by Do_The_Manta_Ray (568 posts) -

I'd like to make a point of this; today is the last day for sign-ups. In order to ensure that everyone, no matter where it is you live, will have the full day to gather your team and make your final application, I'll allow sign-ups until 6 am EST tomorrow morning (thursday the 13th), this equals to 11 am GMT + 1 (London Time).

If you still have an application you'd like to make after said deadline, you're going to have to contact me or Cheap personally here through a private message for us to take it under consideration. Do keep in mind; if you miss the dead-line, there are NO assurances you'll get to play, infact, the likelihood is small. As such, I urge ALL people without a team to visit our sister thread once more, and make your final application today.

There's people enough for plenty of teams in here. Don't wait for someone else to contact you, but ask others, and you can still find a team in time.

@flabbergastrate: @vaeryn: @the_cat: @rheiv: @dualfayte: @vicwhiten: @cenie: @atomicvideohead: @eagle6002: @woutr: @edencode: @schnoo:

Far as I've seen, all of you are looking for a high-level team; and haven't found one as of yet. That's 12 people right there. Right now, the team count stands 4 for low bracket and 7 for high bracket. An additional team or two for high bracket would really benefit the double-elimination system this tournament will be running on. As such I'd like to ask you fellas to contact each other and see about setting up a team if you're still interested.

#35 Edited by Shibboleth (17 posts) -

Steam name: Shibboleth

Number of wins: 173

Favorite role and hero: Support, Windrunner

#36 Edited by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

Urgh, i totally missed this and only found out about it now...great. I guess i'll put my info here anyway just in case.

Your Steam name Shirogane

Your location Australia

Which Bracket you like to participate in Probably both.

Number of wins 56-ish

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any) Carry, Weaver, Viper

If you would be willing to be Team captain(few extra responsibilities, mainly setting up games/cancelling/communicating) Possible, but my timezone may not be too friendly for that

Might i add that next time a thread like this is created, it might be easier if people who have found a team updated the thread so people know.

#37 Edited by YouMakeKittyMad (31 posts) -

Steam name: GoneSerious

Bracket: doesn't matter to me, i'm comfortable in high

Number of wins: 263

Favorite role and favorite hero (if any): anything but hard support? favorite heroes are clock, TA, and lina if that helps.

rather not captain, but could.

thanks guys!

#38 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (568 posts) -

And with this, sign-ups have ended. We will now go over the teams and set up the tournament in it's whole-some. We're kicking the tournament off with two sets of matches this weekend, on saturday and on sunday respectively. We hope to see you all there; check the first page for more information!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.