The International 4 has began!

#1 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Watch it at http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti or in client.

talk about it here, or at the Giant Bomb chat room in the client.

Good luck everyone!

#2 Posted by ripelivejam (3995 posts) -

#PLAYSMITE

#3 Posted by A_E_Martin (228 posts) -

*begun

#4 Posted by EuanDewar (4948 posts) -
#5 Edited by CorruptedEvil (3415 posts) -

*begun

Yup,

On Topic: I just have it open right now for the compendium points but I will probably watch sunday and monday.

#6 Edited by Pozo (57 posts) -

It would be nice if GB added a "Live Show" link to http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti just like they did for EVO recently.

#7 Edited by Hadoken101 (784 posts) -

@pozo: They will, they didn't do EVO's Friday last week either because of UPF

#8 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -
#9 Posted by A_E_Martin (228 posts) -

@theht said:

@a_e_martin said:

*begun

DON'T FIX IT!!

WELL GODDAMMIT.

I keep thinking about thinking about watching some of this, but then I realise that I probably lack the patience to learn all the things that one should know in order to properly appreciate the game. On the other hand, if I did end up liking it, I'd just be bummed because I wouldn't have anyone friendly to play it with, or even the time to play it, really.

So I'll probably just watch football instead (as in football, not American handegg).

#10 Posted by Pozo (57 posts) -

@hadoken101: Oh ok, cool. Brad ended going to TI right? I wonder what content in written or podcast form will come from that. It'd be interesting to hear his thoughts on the whole experience.

#11 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -

@a_e_martin: Last year the commentating was good enough I think for folks who dont' know the ins and outs. All you might want to know going into it are:

1. Each team is trying to destroy the other teams main building (the "ancient")
  2. There are three paths that weak AI enemies ("creeps") go down and fight
  3. Players stay on these lanes and try to destroy defensive towers on the way to get to the enemy's main building

The rest you can just pick up from watching.

#12 Posted by TurboMan (7551 posts) -

Honest question here...

Does anybody find these in-between-match commentaries compelling at all? Why is it taking so long to set up the next match? Who thought it was a good idea to have the commentary play out loud in the live arena?

#13 Edited by Tennmuerti (8118 posts) -

@turboman said:

Honest question here...

Does anybody find these in-between-match commentaries compelling at all? Why is it taking so long to set up the next match? Who thought it was a good idea to have the commentary play out loud in the live arena?

Very.

In other tournaments it usually takes longer, for a team LAN event gaming competition this is fast, players have their own settings, plus in a live event it's good to have breaks especially in such a looong live event. Football games are an hour and a half long, and they have a half time. Average dota match is about that half football match length, but can go twice as long, and there are potentially 9 matches.

Smart people, it gives those at the event something to pay attention to during the breaks, removes dead air. EDIT: Oh sorry, you mean during the game? People are used to listening to commentators when watching online tournaments, so they want commentators during the game when it's live too. Commentator personalities are a big part of the whole package.

#14 Posted by Slag (4421 posts) -

Newbee looks legit. I'm not sure DK or EG is really ready for them

#15 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -

God I hope this Mirana kicks ass.

#16 Edited by Aegon (5646 posts) -

Brad needs some medical attention. If anyone is at the location and can spot Brad, get him a doctor.

#17 Edited by Tennmuerti (8118 posts) -

Wow all the streams went down.

#18 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (795 posts) -

Well, stream's dead. TI over, everyone go home.

#19 Posted by Fredddi43 (335 posts) -

I really hope we get to see Burrito being picked in the finals.

#20 Edited by Zomgfruitbunnies (795 posts) -

Someone turn the TV box to ESPN and tell us the fuck is going on!

AND IT'S BACK, but game is over.

FFFFFFFFFFFF

EDIT: NVM, JUST SOME BREAK.

:>

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.