They should juts man up and play DOTA2 for TNT

#1 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -

I mean just do it there is no harm. Do they really think that us there fans will care if they are bad? Just play it I find that GB dude are the only dudes in DOTA2 that don't give a fuck and just want to have a good time.

So just come on DO IT!

#2 Posted by believer258 (11682 posts) -

Won't be any fun to watch if they aren't having any fun playing it.

#3 Posted by Ben_H (3316 posts) -

I really don't think it would work out well if they did one right now. They can pull it off with Starcraft because Brad has knowledge of it so at least it could be entertaining. With MOBAs, they would just get steamrolled for the entire TNT, which would not be very fun to watch. If they took the time to learn a bit about DOTA 2 first, then did a TNT it would be good though. It's just finding the time to learn it in their already busy schedule.

#4 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

They would have time for like 2 games

#5 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

For who?

Certainly not for people who like Dota. Don't see the appeal for non-dota players either.

Only way that it would work would be some sort of 'MOBA Club' where it's just 10 Giant Bomb/Gamespot guys. And even then it's more likely to be terrible than enjoyable.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14650 posts) -

it would be boring though

#7 Posted by Ben_H (3316 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@Ben_H said:

With MOBAs, they would just get steamrolled for the entire TNT, which would not be very fun to watch.

They could set up four PCs, join different teams and then proceed to troll relentlessly for 90 minutes. Whoever causes the most rage-quits wins.

Knowing the MOBA communities, I support this idea.

#8 Posted by RVonE (4607 posts) -

How does playing DOTA2 have anything to do with "manning up"? Do DOTA players somehow believe that playing that game adds to their masculinity or something?

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14585 posts) -

@Ben_H: They played SMNC last week which is indeed a MOBA.

#10 Posted by Eojay (184 posts) -
#11 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

it would not be fun to watch becasue

A) watching them fumble around would not be fun

B)when they are not into a game then TNT is boring the mario party 9 is a recent example where by the end they were out of it

#12 Posted by zeekthegeek (383 posts) -

DOTA isn't fun to watch with the best players.

#13 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

A Watching Paint Dry TNT would probably be more entertaining.

#14 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Ben_H said:

@rebgav said:

@Ben_H said:

With MOBAs, they would just get steamrolled for the entire TNT, which would not be very fun to watch.

They could set up four PCs, join different teams and then proceed to troll relentlessly for 90 minutes. Whoever causes the most rage-quits wins.

Knowing the MOBA communities, I support this idea.

+1

edit: Also it's not out to the public, and they don't do betas for TNT.
#15 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

No thank you!

#16 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

No please don't this is an awful idea. They have zero clue what is going on and will only dislike their time inside Dota. If they want to feature Dota 2, they should get into contact with some of the top figures such as Tobi or Purge and have them run it. Dota is not a "mindless fun" type of game. They need to know team comps, meta game, character builds...etc in order to at least comprehend what is going on. If they start up the stream, play awful, get trolled...etc all it does is allow them to say "Man those Dota fans are nuts! Don't play that game!"

If GB really wanted to show off Dota 2, grab some of the top players and have them play some games. Maybe even have a segment where some top players can teach them what is going on. Then it would be entertaining...but low level Dota play is so painful to watch.

#17 Posted by Brodehouse (9640 posts) -

Only if they played each other. They can't take people giving them advice or 'telling them what to do'. They had full on asshole reactions to the chat telling them to level up their Pro in SMNC. In a game where leveling up your Pro is more important than shooting real good.

#18 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

Would not be fun at all, those games suck ass when you don't know what you are doing.

#19 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -

New plan, get Norman Chan to play Dota 2 and get him to be a guest in TNT.

#20 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Trust me, you really don't want to see one and a half hour of someone fumbling around in Dota 2, feeding like mad, not supporting the team and declaring the game not good because it doesn't teach you this and that. It would be hilarious, but only because it's really sad.

#21 Edited by CheapPoison (727 posts) -

I don't think so, they will just horribly represent it like other stuff they don't have much experience with or as i suspect are not the biggest fans of.

If there is something let some community members play, let them watch it live or as a replay and have them talk about it ask question to someone who is knowledgeable on it to make in interesting.

#22 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I don't know man. If they never played a game similar to it, they'll be really fucking bad. As bad as everyone else who just started playing, it wouldn't be fun to watch.

#23 Posted by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

I wouldn't mind watching it if they were guaranteed to go up against other beginners, and everybody involved was serious about learning (the basics, that is, just so it's not a feedfest. You can learn that in minutes) , but even then it'd be pretty dry most of the time.

Although the next Breaking Brad could feature Brad vs. the MOBA community. Not playing, just relentless exposure to its insanity.

#24 Posted by ajamafalous (11869 posts) -

It would be zero fun to watch and would be a gross misrepresentation of the game and its genre.

#25 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Naah. The only way they could get away with it being fun for us to watch and for them is to make a scrub league private game out of it, Brad, Ryan, Patrick vs Jeff, Vinny, Drew. Vinny will clearly go Ursa and carry hard.

#26 Posted by Slag (4075 posts) -

I just want them to play something where they actually have fun. It's more enjoyable when the guys are having a good time. I'd love it if they played DOTA 2, but I think Jeff would not be down with it.

That's what I love about Vinnie, duder is a fun factory who can seemingly have a good time no matter what he's doing.

#27 Posted by StarvingGamer (8032 posts) -

I'd much rather seem them juts woman down

#28 Edited by slayergnome (121 posts) -

@gosukiller: Ok now, 5 newer players against pro's or any mix of the two would be painful to watch yes. But if they did another scrum league and it was all inhouse stuff I could see that being pretty interesting. Specially if they could get someone to cast it who knew what they where talking about sort of like the Mortal Kombat league.

Hell I would renew my subscription for that.

Edit: Meh I have been thinking about it and I am pretty sure everyone is right. I don't mind seeing them fumble around that could be entertaining, but I really don't want to hear half of them dogging out a game I love to play. It kills me a little on the inside every time Jeff makes a snarky comment about dota as it is. Although I did enjoy watching the quick look of Awesomenaughts. It seems like Ryan is sorta getting it a little. Also that game is an incredibly interesting take on the MOBA genre. A 2d shooter, who would have thought…

#29 Posted by Mcfart (1563 posts) -

No because:

A - MOBA requires some concentration, b/c of last hits+watching out for ambushes.

B - MOBA is fucking boring to watch, no matter what level.

C - Brad already mentioned on the podcast that he played some LoL. I'm sure he already warned the team about the MOBA community. Not gonna happen. People are too serious about these types of games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.