Use the GiantBomb Chat Channel!

#1 Edited by AtomicEdge (309 posts) -

Hey guys, I just want to say, that if you are new to Dota (perhaps because of one Bradly Shoemaker) that you should definitely hop into the GiantBomb chat channel.

I had only played against bots, and I joined the channel yesterday and got into a few newbie matches. There were some experts in there too who were super helpful and gave me some good tips on how to play etc.

Definitely a good place to go before digging into matchmaking!

#2 Edited by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

I approve of this post.

#3 Posted by Sweep (8858 posts) -

I stopped going in there because it was always empty, but I really should hang out in there more.

At the moment I'm in the /v/ channel by default which is kinda fucked up. The things these eyes have seen...

#4 Edited by XTraFries (211 posts) -

Played some games with dudes from the GB channel and it was a good time.

#5 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

@sweep: We now have between 60 to 100 all the time and a few in house games a day.

#6 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -

Played a couple matches tonight with some duders, awesome fun and way better than the horror I had been experiencing through solo-queue.

#7 Posted by golguin (3912 posts) -

I've been using the channel to play beginner games against other humans. Been working out pretty well.

#8 Posted by MEATBALL (3236 posts) -

I thought this thread was about some sort of general Giant Bomb channel for a moment. :(

#10 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

Someone should probably sticky this thread.

#11 Edited by squiDc00kiE (352 posts) -

Yeah getting a group together in giantbomb chat is WAY better than going on your own into a pub. It has spoiled me into never playing solo whatsoever. People are generally much cooler and helpful there. Just make sure you let the people you group with know that you are a new player. Most I have found will be happy to help you learn the ropes, as would I!

If you're new to Dota, DONT PLAY PUB GAMES! I hate it when people get turned off of Dota, not because they dislike the game or some mechanic, but because they just get berated for feeding or general poor play. Play with cool people, get better, go kill things, win games, have fun, be awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.