Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Why not a TNT of Dota 2?

• 66 results
    indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By indiefinch

@Grand said:

I would be game for this. Honestly the biggest problem everyone faces is the Solo Queue being completely toxic and Valve having a very abusable report system. I just played three games today, I won the first two then lost the final. In the final game. I was axe, we had Rubik Undying Silencer and Alchemist. I ended up muting my team VERY early, because all they wanted to do was bitch at each other. Mid to late game the enemy Nyx was tearing us apart, I mean completely tearing us apart. We had 3 supports and I was trying desperately to build some tanky items (being the only real initiator on our team) while our Rubik refused to buy a gem or wards for the entire game. He was walking around from about the 30 minute mark to the end of the hour long match with AT LEAST 2500 gold at all times. He started buying all of the dust and sentries, but literally refused to buy a gem. I ended up buying our gem and we pushed MOST of the enemy teams base, then died, and then lost. Now I am in LPQ for 14 hours. Why? Well three of them were group queued together. One was Rubik, go figure they all reported me for telling our 3k gold hoarding Rubik to buy the courier *gasp*. I also bought our flying courier. Most people will be avoiding the Solo queue because of this attitude being the norm in Dota2 right now, as Valve is clearly not prepared to manage the Dota community. So in general, we need to get awareness out and find out exactly how many people on GiantBomb actually have Beta keys, since what will draw them here is the chance to have real matches with premade teams and not the crap fest solo queue.

That seems like a really isolated experience. I have played over 650 games of Dota at this point in the public matchmaking queue. I have never once been in a low priority queue and I have been in tons of games like the one you mentioned. It could be any number of things, I highly doubt 1 game of reports puts you on the punishment list.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@IndieFinch said:

@Grand said:

I would be game for this. Honestly the biggest problem everyone faces is the Solo Queue being completely toxic and Valve having a very abusable report system. I just played three games today, I won the first two then lost the final. In the final game. I was axe, we had Rubik Undying Silencer and Alchemist. I ended up muting my team VERY early, because all they wanted to do was bitch at each other. Mid to late game the enemy Nyx was tearing us apart, I mean completely tearing us apart. We had 3 supports and I was trying desperately to build some tanky items (being the only real initiator on our team) while our Rubik refused to buy a gem or wards for the entire game. He was walking around from about the 30 minute mark to the end of the hour long match with AT LEAST 2500 gold at all times. He started buying all of the dust and sentries, but literally refused to buy a gem. I ended up buying our gem and we pushed MOST of the enemy teams base, then died, and then lost. Now I am in LPQ for 14 hours. Why? Well three of them were group queued together. One was Rubik, go figure they all reported me for telling our 3k gold hoarding Rubik to buy the courier *gasp*. I also bought our flying courier. Most people will be avoiding the Solo queue because of this attitude being the norm in Dota2 right now, as Valve is clearly not prepared to manage the Dota community. So in general, we need to get awareness out and find out exactly how many people on GiantBomb actually have Beta keys, since what will draw them here is the chance to have real matches with premade teams and not the crap fest solo queue.

That seems like a really isolated experience. I have played over 650 games of Dota at this point in the public matchmaking queue. I have never once been in a low priority queue and I have been in tons of games like the one you mentioned. It could be any number of things, I highly doubt 1 game of reports puts you on the punishment list.

From what I saw you need quite a few reports in a certain time frame, did you by any chance maybe pissed off more than one guy?

Grand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Grand

@Mr_Skeleton: Thats the point of it. When one guy pisses off a premade team of four or three (Which are fairly common, sadly) if they all report him it guarentees him LPQ. There is nothing that protects players who are just unfortunate enough to be the odd man out.

rlhyeung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By rlhyeung

I don't know about you guys, but I think some of you are missing the point of TNT. While I know its supposed to be heavily community driven, like all things on this site, I enjoy primarily the antics, opinions, and the general persona of the "characters" at GiantBomb.

I'm going to put it out there, and I'm sure this is common sense, but if you're itching for PRO level matches, there are obviously other venues. www.joindota.comis a great site for that (among other great commentators on the scene). I'm here to see GiantBomb do what GiantBomb does best, so I want to see a Quick Look, a Quick Look EX, a TNT or a Scrub League of any kind for Dota 2.

To the guy who said it may be embarrassing to see them buy two boots to think they might go faster; man that sounds hilarious to me! Why wouldn't you want to see that?

And GiantBomb versus Gamespot would be a great idea!

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@riosan: I just want to see the crew try to play Dota antics will surely ensue, plus I'm pretty sure after one match they would just play Trackmania. Also didn;t Brad say he started playing Dota 2?

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By darkvare

i don't see why they can't just make their lobbies and have one of them playing with 4 random dudes vs 5 other dudes i mean there are always matches like this they could get carried

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I would be willing to train any member of staff who was interested in learning some Dota 2 for a QL. I haven't played MOBA's before this game, but I have 580 hours of Dota 2 experience, so I figure I'm as good a guide as any.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By supamon

@Sweep said:

I would be willing to train any member of staff who was interested in learning some Dota 2 for a QL. I haven't played MOBA's before this game, but I have 580 hours of Dota 2 experience, so I figure I'm as good a guide as any.

And that's considered feather-weight level by any dota community standard but yes, please train Brad in the ways of the dota. Hopefully he'll remember half of it and apply a quarter of it.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MAGZine

@supamon said:

@Sweep said:

And that's considered feather-weight level by any dota community standard but yes, please train Brad in the ways of the dota. Hopefully he'll remember half of it and apply a quarter of it.

maybe by pros. It's like WoW, you don't need a year of gametime to know what you're doing, but it could arguably transfer to more skill. You'll spend a lot of time not improving at all if you do not switch to a league/clan/in-house games after a certain point.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Deusx

@Slag said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Get some Valve dudes over for a quick look ex.

There you go.

That's probably the best way to handle it.

Thats a good solution. I would love to kick the GB crew´s asses though.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Deusx: Unless you're some hardcore griefer I doubt you can get enjoyment from killing a bunch of guys that put up less fight than passive bots.
    Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Deusx

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Deusx: Unless you're some hardcore griefer I doubt you can get enjoyment from killing a bunch of guys that put up less fight than passive bots.

You´re right, my evil Lich spirit caught on me. Maybe I could help them win some matches then!

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#63  Edited By Atlas

Man, reading this thread makes me never ever want to play Dota 2. Just sounds like the kind of multiplayer game that people take way too seriously.

Personally, I think it would be hilarious to see the GB duders do a TNT of Dota 2, and I would like to personally request that Ryan takes the controls. He knows how to have his own fun with a game that most people take too seriously - if you haven't seen the Battlefield Bad Company 2 TNT in which he was the player, go find it on YouTube since it's not archived. Seriously one of the top five greatest TNTs ever.

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By indiefinch

@Atlas said:

Man, reading this thread makes me never ever want to play Dota 2. Just sounds like the kind of multiplayer game that people take way too seriously.

Personally, I think it would be hilarious to see the GB duders do a TNT of Dota 2, and I would like to personally request that Ryan takes the controls. He knows how to have his own fun with a game that most people take too seriously - if you haven't seen the Battlefield Bad Company 2 TNT in which he was the player, go find it on YouTube since it's not archived. Seriously one of the top five greatest TNTs ever.

Well it is a really hard scenario. Most Dota players do not want any new players to play the game because all it takes is 1 person to ruin your 45min+ match. It is something I struggle with a lot and still don't know where I stand. On one hand, it is a fun game and I want to share that fun with other people. On the other hand, I have spent over 700+ hours in Dota 2, probably at least that or more in studying builds / watching VODs / doing the Dota podcast I do...and I want to play with people who will take the game as serious as I do.

But to keep this thread from derailing to much, if someone is willing to take the time to learn the game then I am all for a TNT. If someone has 0 experience and jumps in, it will be a bad experience for everyone and will make the Dota community look worse then it is. However if someone takes 50-100+ hours to learn the bare basics...then I think it could be a success.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By CheapPoison

If they won't do it seriously or don't take the time to learn or try and make an accurate representation of it in a quicklook i think they shouldn't do it.

If they do want to make a well informed quicklook i support it all the way. But you might also say that a quicklook might not reach much people. At this point i feel that a lot of people hae already made up their mind if they are into or are willing to try and get into a moba.

I'd suggest someone from the community help anyone of them if they want to do one but i am not sure if they want help and if at that point they just rather skip it all together.

So, would be cool if they do one, and they probably will cook something up once the game actually releases. And if they don't there are tons of other videos out there that might hive a good introduction into dota/mobas.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By CheapPoison

@IndieFinch said:

@Grand said:

I second, this this seems like a really isolated case. You can never account for assholes, but sure there wasn't more going on then that?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.