Your Favorite/Main DOTA 2 Hero?

• 133 results
#101 Posted by magicwalnuts (61 posts) -

I'm gonna be the odd man out here and say either Timbersaw or Tinker are my favorites. I was drawn to them initially (gyro too) by their character designs, but I ended up really enjoying how they play. Neither can carry a team, but they can survive team fights and do decent damage throughout.

#102 Posted by TobbRobb (4401 posts) -

@magicwalnuts: Good (or bad) news! Timbersaw is getting increasingly popular in pro play! You will not be the odd man out for long. XD

He is actually looking pretty goddamn ridiculous on early push teams... Borderline unkillable and does some insane burst damage.

#103 Posted by Iodine (532 posts) -

@tobbrobb said:

@magicwalnuts: Good (or bad) news! Timbersaw is getting increasingly popular in pro play! You will not be the odd man out for long. XD

He is actually looking pretty goddamn ridiculous on early push teams... Borderline unkillable and does some insane burst damage.

I played against a timber, Sha-Sha lane a few days ago. Our tower died so fast

#104 Edited by IzunaDrop (106 posts) -

Skeleton King and more recently Bristleback. Come on guys, hit me!

#105 Edited by Solutha (34 posts) -

My top favorites are Gondar and Slardar. Followed closely by Tinker and then Necrolyte.

#106 Edited by Kyelb22 (295 posts) -

I'm probably the only one, but I absolutely love Bloodseeker. Watching the enemy heroes' dilemma after I use Rupture: "Hmm, do I run away and die, or do I stand still and die?" Priceless. Then I grab a force staff to be extra mean.

#107 Posted by UselessLuke (16 posts) -

I can't stop playing Tinker right now. So many people underestimate him early game. Early harass and suddenly laser/missing combo and first blood. The prime one I've had this happen with is Ursa, they think they're invincible and get owned. It's awesome fun once you get boots of travel too, dancing all over the map, pushing and nuking. I'm getting used to the active items too using him. Sheepstick + rearm is just too good. Getting close to the point of being able to perm disable 1 on 1. Still getting used to it though

#108 Posted by Cimpy (23 posts) -

My favorite is split between Invoker and Weaver. Invoker spells are just so fun to use and he's such a versatile character overall. Coldsnap is probably one of my favorite early skills in the whole game and a sunstrike snipe is so satisfying. Weaver I love because I can do crazy/risky stuff most characters cant because he has that ult as a panic button.

#109 Posted by LiQuid3600 (143 posts) -

I have a stable of heroes I love to play often like CM, Bane and Windrunner but if I could only play one hero for the rest of my Dota career it would be this guy:

#110 Posted by squiDc00kiE (340 posts) -
#111 Edited by Nictel (2312 posts) -

Luna:

Luna

Credit: Great Accent
#112 Edited by Iodine (532 posts) -

@nictel said:

Luna:

Luna

Credit: Great Accent

*feeder

#113 Edited by chiablo (847 posts) -

This is quickly becoming my favorite hero:

#114 Edited by Aristotled (23 posts) -

Axe reporting for duty.

Random Hero gets made love too

#115 Posted by EXTomar (4120 posts) -
#116 Posted by rempresent (94 posts) -

Earthshaker support is the best support. He generally just cheers up the team at all times.

#117 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

#118 Edited by Do_The_Manta_Ray (505 posts) -

@extomar: I see your cutesy fan-art and raise you funny fan-art. Extra points for spotting Batman

It's the only fucking thing Meepo's good for, you hear me? You hear me?! (That and going mid.)

#119 Edited by RenegadeDoppelganger (395 posts) -

I like playing casters in so I usually pick support/nuker heroes like lich, lina, cm. Pugna with staff is awesome, being able to face tank a carry while downing a fleeing support made me do a double take. Riki and bounty are fun too but I've yet to actually win a game with either. Right now I've been picking fast melee carries. Lycanthrope is a nice change of pace, jungling or running down a stray support is super enjoyable and wolf form makes you feel like a beast, capable of munching on 2-3 heroes in quick succession.

I randomed Troll Warlord the other day and had an absolute ball. I got a little mixed up about when I was supposed to be switching stances but it worked out in the end. Took a midas and rolled with a Satyr for most of the game. His ult burns down towers and rax's faster than I've ever seen.

#120 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1084 posts) -

Sniper

#121 Posted by ShockD (2381 posts) -

I shock.

#122 Posted by Shaunage (640 posts) -

I'm doing the best with Spirit Breaker, Invoker and (oddly enough) Meepo.

Support-wise I have a solid AA.

#123 Posted by stonepawfox (234 posts) -

i hate hate hate playing against slark but i can't deny he's a fun little bastard. basically any time i whiff a leap i can just run the hell away and try again, that silly HP regen is like license to never go back to base, it's nuts

#124 Posted by aliens4 (5 posts) -

I just started playing, but I'm loving the Keeper of the Grove hero and Venomancer. Shadow Demon was cool too, but I'm in bots right now and would be deep in the trench if I went into public games.

#125 Edited by bassman2112 (806 posts) -

My "main" is Windrunner, as I can build her up pretty fast and semi carry like a mother fucker. Beyond that, probably Invoker, VS, and AA.

#126 Edited by Codeacious (957 posts) -

@chiablo said:

This is quickly becoming my favorite hero:

This. The only true way to play Dota is to random every game.

#127 Posted by chiablo (847 posts) -

@extomar: I see your cutesy fan-art and raise you funny fan-art. Extra points for spotting Batman

It's the only fucking thing Meepo's good for, you hear me? You hear me?! (That and going mid.)

Why is Drow Ranger sitting at the table instead of Brewmaster?

#128 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (505 posts) -

@chiablo: He'd never admit to having had too much to drink. Besides, a drunk drow with low inhibitions. We all want that.

#129 Edited by EXTomar (4120 posts) -

I would think Brewmaster wouldn't be phased by blurred vision or seeing multiple of something.

keterok seems to have a thing for Mirana. And there are 6 feet to put boots on so why not?

6boots!

#130 Edited by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

I've been playing a lot of Templar Assassin and man when she gets rolling it's a beautiful sight. I'm still working in microing traps but if you do hit a trap it is basically a free kill on a solo hero or even 2. Setting up traps is just the most satisfying thing. Watching a hero Walk towards you and you hit them with your bonus damage and armor reduction. Gooood times.

#131 Posted by Imst (61 posts) -

Windrunner - support, semicarry, ganker,

Nyx assassin - ganker, support :p

Medusa - tank, carry :D

Ultimate VOIDster!!!hahaha

#132 Edited by Galiant (2163 posts) -

I just won a 20-0-17 game with Spectre, which I love. Played Captain's Mode with four friends of mine.

Random awesome image from the internet:

#133 Edited by gusssk (11 posts) -

I prefer league. Dota just doesn't do it for me.

#134 Posted by AlexW00d (6058 posts) -

I am glad this thread popped up again, cause I initially answered Troll Warlord, and I can say 500 hours later, nahhh. AA, Luna, Kunkka, and PA are probably my favourites now. AA for the ult, Luna cause she's fucking great (horrendous VA though), Kunkka cause he's also great, and PA cause one shotting the enemy carry is pretty satisfying.

#135 Posted by Grillbar (1772 posts) -

i dont have A favorite, i have a few
i really like sniper, viper, lycan, drow or luna
basically i generally dont like the int based chars and prefer agi ranged base
i have clock in about 229 hours granted a good amount of them are ideling in the game, and pretty much all of it is co-op bot match since im not that great at the game, and hate playing mm since some people take it way to serious.
so since i play bot match i just random every time

#136 Posted by bassman2112 (806 posts) -

I have about 650 hours now, my favourites totally depend on what I feel like playing.

Killing? PA.

Feeling like a goddamn wizard? Invoker.

Disrupting? Disruptor.

Effing the enemy team during a teamfight? Jakiro.

Being a badass lady? Windrunner.

There are very few heroes I don't like playing =)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.