Soundtrack of the year

#1 Posted by The_Ruiner (1060 posts) -

I'm calling it now. Someone make the bomb crew aware of how great, imaginative, and expansive this soundtrack is!!! Have you heard healing touch?!?!?!?

#2 Posted by Worcanna (90 posts) -

The Mixtape songs are great...the rest of the soundtrack is....meh. I've heard and brought far better OST stuff this year.

#3 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/double-dragon-neon

Soundtrack link, should anyone be interested.

#4 Posted by mikey87144 (1775 posts) -

@Worcanna said:

The Mixtape songs are great...the rest of the soundtrack is....meh. I've heard and brought far better OST stuff this year.

Can you give me some recommendations then?

#5 Posted by MiniPato (2741 posts) -

Yup, this is definitely contender for soundtrack of the year. And I haven't even played the game. I really haven't heard any 2012 game songs that really stood out to me other than Gravity Daze.

#6 Posted by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

Jesper Kyd's Darksiders II

#7 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1055 posts) -

@The_Ruiner: As of right now I agree. I can listen to the mix tape "weapons up" on loop all day.

#8 Posted by GunstarRed (5189 posts) -

I've listened to it all, but I haven't gotten around to playing the game yet (I will) It is pretty great, but I can think of a ton of other games released this year with really, really strong soundtracks. Fez's and Journey's are not only some of the best soundtracks this year, but ever.

#9 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Soundtrack of the year.

#10 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

Sorry but no, Fez sealed it up in April

#11 Posted by Hailinel (24830 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

Sorry but no, Fez sealed it up in April

Sorry, but no, Double Dragon Neon's is superior.

Opinions, bro.

#12 Edited by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

@Hailinel: To each their own. Curious as to what GB will pick as their best soundtrack. They seem to not care about Neon at all so I wonder if it will be passed up.

#13 Posted by Worcanna (90 posts) -

Now i just feel strange not thinking either Fez or DDN are that great fully. A soundtrack needs to be complete, not just a few good songs and some audio trash.

#14 Edited by Fattony12000 (7418 posts) -

It's pretty good! As is this:

#15 Posted by Christoffer (1823 posts) -

I'm going to say Risen 2 had some of the best soundtrack of the year. I'll adimit I didn't finnish the game but I listened to all of the soundtrack. Quite awesome in my opinion.

#16 Posted by Sarumarine (2244 posts) -

I'll say that the soundtrack of Double Dragon Neon has stiff competition in the form of Rhythm Heaven Fever and Anarchy Reigns. But that's just me.

#17 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@The_Ruiner said:

I'm calling it now. Someone make the bomb crew aware of how great, imaginative, and expansive this soundtrack is!!! Have you heard healing touch?!?!?!?

No, let's not get crazy. I like the soundtrack a lot, but come on. Journey came out this year.

#18 Posted by cthomer5000 (795 posts) -

I bought the soundtrack without playing the game because of "Mango Tango - Neon Jungle" alone. It's really great and should be considered if they do have a soundtrack category at the end of the year (my vote would go to Fez though).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.