This song is so catchy...

#1 Edited by The_Ruiner (1040 posts) -
#2 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

Yeah, the soundtrack is so dope. I really like this song too. Makes it easier to replay that level over and over again.

#3 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

You can download the soundtrack for whatever price you want at his bandcamp site. Even $0 if you're poor.

It's pretty goofy.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14755 posts) -

The soundtrack seems like the ONLY good thing about this game.

#5 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I love this damn song, but the end credits music is even better if only for when the trophy pops during it. Really any song with vocals is so amazing that it overshadows all of the tracks that don't have vocals (aside from the absolute final boss music).

#6 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I'm digging the hell outta it actually. It's dumb fun and has some pretty interesting systems to it, what with the tapes and the Gleam and so on.

It's still a brawler, but I still enjoy those so hey. It's charmingly funny and has some great style to it.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (14755 posts) -

@TeflonBilly: I just didn't like how the controls felt. Possibly I'd come around If I spent more time with it but with Tekken Tag 2 and Dead or Alive 5 can't say I have time.

#8 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

Yeah, the music overall is pretty great, but this one stood out for me too. Sounds like Laura Branigan/Bonnie Tyler/etc.

#9 Posted by GunstarRed (5115 posts) -

Oh man he did the soundtrack. I'm slightly tempted by this terrible game now. Jake Kaufman did the amazing music in Mighty Switch Force and Milky way also.

#10 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

Oh MAN, how did I miss this soundtrack? This is amazing, so perfectly 80s.

#11 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

The music in this game is amazing, but the ending credits music is the proverbial cherry on top.

Honestly, this game grows ALOT on you when you get into the mechanics of it. And the sheer amount of great easter eggs and amazing little jokes are fantastic. Skullmagedon may be the best new villain in ages.

#12 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I ended up giving Jake Kaufman more money for the soundtrack on Bandcamp than I did when I bought the game on XBLA. It's just that damn great!

#13 Posted by TooWalrus (13161 posts) -

Oh man, is the soundtrack available for download? I should probably play this it at work...

#14 Posted by Hailinel (24385 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

Skullmagedon may be the best new villain in ages.

Dude is such an amazing jackass. It's great!

And so is the soundtrack. Really, this game is just filled with a great sense of charm and atmosphere that really gives Neon its own personality beyond just being a Double Dragon remake/sequel nostalgia-fest.

#15 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

@TooWalrus:http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/double-dragon-neon

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.