Anyone else regret purchasing?

  • 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for supersambo
#1 Posted by SuperSambo (3093 posts) -

I'm not really sure what compeled me to get this...

Sure it works, but it just isn't any fun, even on paper it doesn't sound fun.

Anyone else feeling kinda stupid for buying it?

Avatar image for grissefar
#2 Posted by Grissefar (2904 posts) -

Did you watch the Quick Look? I felt I got a very accurate representation from that.

Avatar image for mosespippy
#3 Posted by mosespippy (4748 posts) -

I felt like that after playing Brutal Legend. I don't waste my time with Double Fine games since then, even the ones I got for free from PS+.

Avatar image for benson
#4 Posted by benson (316 posts) -

Did you play it the way it was meant to be played, i.e. drunk with your friends?

Avatar image for artikay
#5 Posted by Artikay (145 posts) -

I bought it because my family is coming to visit friday and I thought they might find it funny, there will be a few kids over. Its already worth it though: my 14 month old daughter got a big kick out if me picking her up and dancing to that star remix thing. She also liked seeing the room fill up with baloons, she turned around to look for them lol.

Avatar image for professoress
#6 Edited by ProfessorEss (7937 posts) -

I haven't bought it yet, but I'm planning on getting it after work.

...I should probably mention that I have a three year old son.

Avatar image for earlessshrimp
#7 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1844 posts) -

I bought it this morning just before work.  When I saw the Quick Look it totally sold me.  It's definitely a game I'll have stashed away for when friends come over to get drunk or what have you.  I can see it bringing plenty of drunk-tainment for hours... 

Avatar image for jayzilla
#8 Posted by Jayzilla (2692 posts) -

If you are playing that alone, you are doing it wrong.

Avatar image for sooty
#9 Posted by Sooty (8194 posts) -

It's a Kinect game, that should have been enough warning!

Avatar image for ckeats
#10 Posted by ckeats (496 posts) -

Have a party. Like Rock Band, it'll show it's worth with a crowd of people.

Avatar image for drowsap
#11 Posted by drowsap (719 posts) -

My 4 year old nephew and 6 year old niece love it So I think it was a well spent 10$ its hard for the kinect to pick up the 4 year old in some games but this game picks him up right away Way to go double fine Love you guys

Avatar image for brocknrolla
#12 Posted by BrockNRolla (1725 posts) -

I bought a game for children (and drunk people), and now I'm disappointed!

Wait... What?

Avatar image for earlessshrimp
#13 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1844 posts) -
@BrockNRolla said:

I bought a game for children (and drunk people), and now I'm disappointed!

Wait... What?

So far, I think this has been the best response.
Avatar image for cstrang
#14 Posted by cstrang (2362 posts) -

@mosespippy said:

I felt like that after playing Brutal Legend. I don't waste my time with Double Fine games since then...

This. Well... I bought Costume Quest, too, but that was it.

Avatar image for evilsbane
#15 Posted by Evilsbane (5545 posts) -

@EarlessShrimp said:

@BrockNRolla said:

I bought a game for children (and drunk people), and now I'm disappointed!

Wait... What?

So far, I think this has been the best response.

Yea pretty much this.

Avatar image for supersambo
#16 Posted by SuperSambo (3093 posts) -

I realise that it is meant to be played drunk, and while playing I had that in mind.

I can usually tell if something would be good in a certain state, and I did not get it from this.

Avatar image for earlessshrimp
#17 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1844 posts) -
@SuperSambo said:

I realise that it is meant to be played drunk, and while playing I had that in mind.

I can usually tell if something would be good in a certain state, and I did not get it from this.

Well I suppose everyone has a different frame of mind... I mean this is the world and there is more than one opinion in it.  I can definitely see where you're coming from here since it's not necessarily considered a "game." But as they call a compilation of Activities(not to make assumptions on why you thought it unappealing).  That being said, I think I'm going to have a good time with this, with friends/girlfriends/anyone else who wants to play.  That's just my opinion though
Avatar image for ipliskin
#18 Posted by iPliskin (118 posts) -

This: "It's a Kinect game, that should have been enough warning!" by Sooty.

Avatar image for klei
#19 Posted by Klei (1798 posts) -

I love all Double Fine games. Except the kinect ones, like Sesame Street and that theater shit. 
 
I loved Psychonauts, I loved Brutal Legend ( anyone who doesn't like this game is dead inside or is a massive grinch ), I loved Costume Quest, Iron Brigade and Stacked! 
 
Actually, anything Double Fine I buy. Unless it looks like shit. That theater game looked like shit.
Avatar image for ipliskin
#20 Posted by iPliskin (118 posts) -

Tim Schafer SHOULD pay people to play this game, even kids are gonna get bored with it after a few minutes.

Avatar image for ollyoxenfree
#21 Posted by OllyOxenFree (5015 posts) -

If the OP played it by himself then I just let out a huge guffaw.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
#22 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1548 posts) -

If they kept the Will Smith cum face balls I'd think it'd be worth the $10 dollars.

Avatar image for altairre
#23 Posted by altairre (1492 posts) -

@BrockNRolla said:

I bought a game for children (and drunk people), and now I'm disappointed!

Wait... What?

Somehow this sounds like something Jeff would say.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
#24 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6651 posts) -

I don't understand how someone can buy this without knowing fully what they are getting into.

Avatar image for subrandom
#25 Posted by subrandom (145 posts) -

Its really good to throw on during a party, drunk people + music + waving your arms around like an idiot = Success. Hope i did the math right.

Avatar image for earlessshrimp
#26 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1844 posts) -
@subrandom said:

Its really good to throw on during a party, drunk people + music + waving your arms around like an idiot = Success. Hope i did the math right.

I think it's more (party ^ drunk people) * ((music / volume) + (waving arms * level of intoxication)) = Success
Avatar image for subrandom
#27 Posted by subrandom (145 posts) -

@EarlessShrimp: nailed it.

Avatar image for marchantia
#28 Posted by Marchantia (24 posts) -

@iPliskin:

Tim Schafer SHOULD pay people to play this game, even kids are gonna get bored with it after a few minutes.

My kids seem to disagree. I had to drag them away from the TV tonight.

Avatar image for tonnous24
#29 Posted by tonnous24 (44 posts) -

Honestly, I just feel that it should have been $5.

Avatar image for spacerunaway
#30 Posted by SpaceRunaway (935 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
If the OP played it by himself then I just let out a huge guffaw.
Avatar image for jeust
#31 Posted by Jeust (11739 posts) -

I won't buy the game, still it seems a blast in parties from my point of view.

Avatar image for onceler
#32 Posted by onceler (6 posts) -

@Marchantia: I agree, my 2yr & 4yr old's were playing it for almost 2 hours today. Every now and then they would tell me they're done and mid sentence would hear the game change and run back to it.

Avatar image for benspyda
#33 Edited by benspyda (2128 posts) -

Looks like the most entertaining thing on Kinect so far. Provided I don't have a Kinect or any interest in owning one. Drunk at parties seems to be a guys primary use for it anyway unless you have kids.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
#34 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5726 posts) -

I made myself have sex with myself. Worth it.

Avatar image for shagge
#35 Posted by ShaggE (8216 posts) -

That photo duplication activity looks worth the price of admission alone.

Avatar image for supersambo
#36 Posted by SuperSambo (3093 posts) -

@SpaceRunaway said:

@OllyOxenFree said:
If the OP played it by himself then I just let out a huge guffaw.

I played it by myself, then with a flatmate.

I guess I will report back if it is fun while drunk.

Avatar image for tastybread
#37 Posted by TastyBread (45 posts) -

I bought it thinking that It would be fun for my wife's cousins son, but who am I kidding, I bought it because that crazy quicklook was so entertaining. Once you get it though, you start to realize what Patrick meant by it not being a game. It's really what Kinect fun labs should have been. There's also nothing very rewarding about playing the game. If t here's one thing I wish was universal about the Kinect Is that the some if the most fun comes from the photos it takes while your playing. I just wish all those photos were automatically dumped into some personal repository that you could access from a mobile phone and do with as necessary. Can't save any photos that the clone camera takes, and even in Dance Central 2 you can't save the photos. Maybe it's just me, but I like them; they're like fun receipts.

Avatar image for mfpantst
#38 Posted by mfpantst (2653 posts) -

I bought it.  No regrets.  The first time I played that damn bird level I stopped feeding the flock and the fucking birds ate me.  AMAZING.  Then later, in the lava level I got into a shooting match with my wife and killed her over and over and over, and that was kinda funny too. tonight/this weekend I'm going to get drunk and play.

Avatar image for vmehnert
#39 Posted by vmehnert (265 posts) -

This game is a great one to ease your girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other into gaming. My girlfriend and I played for an hour last night just goofing around. Also, as noted, that multiple photo activity is worth the admission price alone.

Avatar image for sgtgrumbles
#40 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Pretty funny mental image of just a lone dude morosely going through the motions of this game, maybe taking pictures of himself sitting with himself, half heartedly punching a zeppelin…

Something that seems to need to be said more and more on the internet these days is not everything is made for you or for your situation, don't just consume everything in sight and expect to be pleased 100% of the time.

Avatar image for mfpantst
#41 Posted by mfpantst (2653 posts) -
@ModerateViolence said:

Pretty funny mental image of just a lone dude morosely going through the motions of this game, maybe taking pictures of himself sitting with himself, half heartedly punching a zeppelin…

Something that seems to need to be said more and more on the internet these days is not everything is made for you or for your situation, don't just consume everything in sight and expect to be pleased 100% of the time.

Add naked and you'll have me last night.  And yes, a thousand times yes.  People should make smart consumption choices.  I kinda felt all the pre-stuff for this game totally telegraphed why it was to exist.  And that should totally have informed everyone's purchase or non-purchase.  I bought the game for what it is.  Not a game so much as a fun diversion from regularly scheduled frustrating kinect gaming.  For stupidity.  And to be killed by a flock of pigeons.  And I have not been disappointed.
Avatar image for djstyles92
#42 Posted by Djstyles92 (967 posts) -

I got it for free, but I would have gladly paid for it. I can only imagine the fun that me and my friends will have when we're drunk as fuck playing this.

Avatar image for mfpantst
#43 Posted by mfpantst (2653 posts) -
@CharlesAlanRatliff said:

I made myself have sex with myself. Worth it.

I have to ask.  (Because it's required). Was it explicit or clothes on?
Avatar image for kryten
#44 Posted by Kryten (9 posts) -

It's a rainy, shitty Saturday morning here but the last 30 minutes of mayhem and laughter in this house has completely justified this purchase. Sure, my boys are 3 and 5, but they sure as hell don't give a crap about whether this is a "game" or not, they've had an absolute blast.

Avatar image for doctorchimp
#45 Posted by Doctorchimp (4180 posts) -

Did you seriously just regret making another purchase after you already bought a Kinect?

Avatar image for earlessshrimp
#46 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1844 posts) -

@mfpantst said:

I bought it. No regrets. The first time I played that damn bird level I stopped feeding the flock and the fucking birds ate me. AMAZING. Then later, in the lava level I got into a shooting match with my wife and killed her over and over and over, and that was kinda funny too. tonight/this weekend I'm going to get drunk and play.

You can also punch and kick the birds to do that too! By the way, luring a large flock of pigeons on screen then beating the crap out of them only to have them attack: good design. I haven't gotten to all the activities, yet, this weekend I plan on it.

Avatar image for cornishrocker
#47 Posted by CornishRocker (405 posts) -

Like they said in the quick look, this is a game for kids on drugs.

Avatar image for mfpantst
#48 Posted by mfpantst (2653 posts) -
@EarlessShrimp said:

@mfpantst said:

I bought it. No regrets. The first time I played that damn bird level I stopped feeding the flock and the fucking birds ate me. AMAZING. Then later, in the lava level I got into a shooting match with my wife and killed her over and over and over, and that was kinda funny too. tonight/this weekend I'm going to get drunk and play.

You can also punch and kick the birds to do that too! By the way, luring a large flock of pigeons on screen then beating the crap out of them only to have them attack: good design. I haven't gotten to all the activities, yet, this weekend I plan on it.

My wife and I have a standing nightly routine now where we play through the director mode once.  not all the activities are as great as the other, but they're all pretty awesome.
Avatar image for earlessshrimp
#49 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1844 posts) -

@mfpantst said:

My wife and I have a standing nightly routine now where we play through the director mode once. not all the activities are as great as the other, but they're all pretty awesome.

I have to agree, the fireworks thing is pretty neat, but that's definitely one that I have lower on the totem pole of activities. I'm going to get to show my girlfriend this game tomorrow, and I can tell already she's going to like it.

Avatar image for mfpantst
#50 Posted by mfpantst (2653 posts) -
@EarlessShrimp: You don't like the fireworks?  Really?  Have you tried it with two people yet(a)? and have you looked around for the fireworks on the ground(b)?  If you haven't done the former, there's a bit more fun there for you.  If you haven't done the latter, then I could totally see why you don't like it, but you haven't played enough for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.