This game has achievements, and OH MY GOD

#1 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

So not even mildly inebriated, while playing the rotation mode, or whatever the hell you call the mode where the game modes cycle, I thought I'd take this big blanket and lay it out on the living room floor.  Then I flung the blanket up and after a few tries, the game picked up the blanket as a person and balloons started fucking flying.  That was awesome.  
Subsequent to that was the lava level.  There's an achievement for being totally immersed in lava.  That's not actually that hard, as you could totally lay down on the floor and trigger it.  However, apparently flapping the blanket about meant the game thought I was the blanket and I got the achievement for flapping the blanket around on the floor.  AWESOME.  Also, all of the achievements are hilariously worded, and the ruckus that results from trying to a) find your controller, b) turn it back on and c) get to the achievements menu each time a new one triggers is hilarious, especially because it totally makes the game go crazy.

Also, do the worm yo...

#2 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

I KNOW NOW WHY YOU CRY

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

If ever there was a game I'd get a Kinect for, it'd be happy Action Theatre.

#4 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

Gunstringer is actually a pretty awesome game...though sometimes I wish I could play w/ a controller just to give my elbow a break.

#5 Posted by spankingaddict (2661 posts) -

@mfpantst said:

Also, do the worm yo...

Are you .... Scotty Too Hotty ?!

#6 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

He would be proud.

#7 Posted by Fobwashed (1985 posts) -

@SteamPunkJin said:

@Ravenlight said:

Gunstringer is actually a pretty awesome game...though sometimes I wish I could play w/ a controller just to give my elbow a break.

I rented that game and got bored of it right quick. Maybe like 2~3 hours in. The atmosphere and the story were good enough but playing the game just became a chore. The moment to moment gameplay just didn't click with me and I felt like I was playing a super toned down child of eden -_-;; I agree with you about the controller bit. If I could have used a controller, I may have finished the game just for the sake of the other things but it asked too much of me to power through.

I wanna try out this happy theater but first I need to clean up my living room again =P

#8 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Fobwashed said:

I wanna try out this happy theater but first I need to clean up my living room again =P

Nah man, trust me you want to play this game dirty.
#9 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

@spankingaddict said:

@mfpantst said:

Also, do the worm yo...

Sweet jesus I haven't heard that name in over a decade.

#10 Posted by RainDog505 (100 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

@spankingaddict said:

@mfpantst said:

Also, do the worm yo...

Sweet jesus I haven't heard that name in over a decade.

I'm just sitting here thinking about how much blow Scotty Too Hotty must have demolished in the past decade.

#11 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@mfpantst said:
@Fobwashed said:

I thought you said you were not even mildly inebriated.
#12 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

@mfpantst said:
@Fobwashed said:

I thought you said you were not even mildly inebriated.

Still not inebriated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.