#51 Posted by Redbullet685 (5981 posts) -

FUCK YES!!!

#52 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -
@Mordi said:
" @weekendnihilist said:
" " Schafer and the folks at Double Fine begun planning"  

" Though the two eventually went their separate ways, however," "
The first anti-grammar nazi? "
Nope! He found those errors and then I made the adjustments to the article. He's doing his job when I should be the job-doer.
#53 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3642 posts) -

Oh God, my boner can be seen from space!

#54 Posted by bigcess (129 posts) -

Ballin'

#55 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Basing my thoughts on Death Spank and Brutal Legend, this will be a horrible unfunny game.

#56 Posted by mcdrew77 (114 posts) -

I love their stuff. Cant wait to see what they do.

#57 Edited by roughriders (16 posts) -
@MattBodega said:

" @Mordi said:

" @weekendnihilist said:
" " Schafer and the folks at Double Fine begun planning"  

" Though the two eventually went their separate ways, however," "
The first anti-grammar nazi? "
Nope! He found those errors and then I made the adjustments to the article. He's doing his job when I should be the job-doer. "
That's fine! Or should I say...  Double Fine?!
#58 Posted by Vodun (2365 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: Based on a single post by you, you're an asshole troll.
#59 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Vodun said:
" @HandsomeDead: Based on a single post by you, you're an asshole troll. "
Ouch. Is everyone who has a different opinion an asshole troll?
#60 Posted by Vodun (2365 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: Merely making a sarcastic comment on basing ones opinion on someone by their most recent work. You obviously have no knowledge of the history of these two men, as I have no knowledge of you.
#61 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Vodun: I do know what they've done in the past but considering what their last games were and the direction they're creatively going in, I can't see this being anything worth playing. Besides for maybe Psychonauts, which I didn't play but hear rave reviews about, neither have done anything particularly special outside of point and click adventures.
#62 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

Excitement.

#63 Posted by Vodun (2365 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: The only questionable entry into both mens history are their absolutely latest works, and both of those had their particular charm about them even if they didn't reach all the way there.  Your statement about point and clickers further shows your ignorance. Schaffer hasn't really had time to delve outside the genre yet, he's published two games since the millenium shift (both non-clickers) and one of those was probably the funniest game this side of it. As for Gilbert, he's worked on TA and Penny Arcade Adventures...and those totally suck right?
#64 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Not that exciting honestly.

#65 Posted by Schattenjager (11 posts) -

I really liked Brutal Legend (thought the save game glitch makes it nearly impossible to platinum), absolutely love Full Throttle and Grim Fandango(and find Tim Schafer nearly god-like because of them), and mildly enjoy the first two Monkey Island games, so hopefully Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer can create something that satisfies my need for the classic '90s adventure game.  I'm not going to hold my breath for that, though.

#66 Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN (1789 posts) -

Double Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

#67 Posted by Villianstached (6 posts) -

I hope this game /  collaboration turns out amazing! Monkey Island and Monkey Island II are some of my favorite games of all time. Not to mention Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle or Full Throttle! Played MI on the only system I had at the time, the  Commodore Amiga. It had the code wheel and a ton of floppy disks until we got the HARD DRIVE attachment :-D. When we got the a regular PC, it was nothin' but Lucas Arts CD game bundle packs.

#68 Posted by Piranesi (452 posts) -

Haven't we suffered enough already?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.