Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Double Fine Productions, Inc.

Company »

Led by famed game designer Tim Schafer, Double Fine Productions, Inc. is an American game developer responsible for Psychonauts and Brütal Legend. Microsoft Game Studios acquired Double Fine in 2019.

Two New DoubleFine games announced.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

At today's Horizon Conference (new Indy thing during E3), Fez II was announced.

There was also Greg from Double Fine there talking about Broken Age and Massive Challace, but also announced that Indie Fund (People who brought out Antichamber, Monaco, Dear Esther, The Swapper, etc.) is funding two new games from Double Fine. I'm guessing that at least one of those games came from the prototypes made last year, but I'm super happy that one of my favorite developers is making a lot of games.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm crossing my fingers that Amnesia Fortnight prototype Black Lake might be turned into a full game. What they were able to pull off with that game visually and conceptually in such a short time span was amazing.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Too bad Brazen is dead in the water.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I WANT BRAZEN DAMMIT.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, Brazen would have been nice. But let's just be happy that Brad gets to do Massive Chalice and that DoubleFine gets to make games. My guess would be if the next games they make without a publisher are a success that we might still have a chance to see Brazen maybe funded by another kickstarter or they self-fund it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chaser324  Moderator

@animasta said:

Too bad Brazen is dead in the water.

Double Fine doesn't seem like the sort of company that ever throws anything away. There's always a possibility that Brazen could resurface in some form at a later date.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They should try and release some games before they announce any. Just saying. And no, The Cave don't count to me.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chaser324  Moderator

@klei: I get the feeling that nothing is going to become of today's news for quite a while. This feels a lot like Indie Fund just staking their claim and putting ink on paper. Development on the two games involved in this deal probably won't begin for some time.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If it was me funding it I'd have gone for Kaiju Piledriver (though we'd need to wait for Brad to finish drinking from the Massive Chalice)... though I'd love to see Black Lake fleshed out too...

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

@klei said:

They should try and release some games before they announce any. Just saying. And no, The Cave don't count to me.

The Cave was totally a Double Fine game though....

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More Double Fine games can never be a bad thing.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@klei said:

yeah, because double fine has never released a game.

Also why does the cave not count exactly?

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i like double fine, at least they experiment and don't sequel their shit to death

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alternate  Online

Technically correct but misleading title. Announcing two games in development isn't really announcing those games - as in what they might be or a title. Broken Age is almost done and they have three teams - so there will always be three games in dev or pre-production at any one time.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Klei

@animasta said:

@klei said:

yeah, because double fine has never released a game.

Also why does the cave not count exactly?

I meant that I want them to start releasing games. You know, that kickstarter project? It's been what, a year? I want to play it. As for The Cave, it was built by Ron Gilbert and a handful of individuals at Double Fine. It wasn't a totally '' Double Fine '' experience. And it shows when you play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.