What do you want the Double Fine adventure game to be like?

#1 Posted by TheAdmin (703 posts) -

Obviously they'll be making their untitled adventure game, thanks to kickstarter. So what do you want it to be like? The only solid info is that it will be a "classic point-and-click". Personally, If it was a Day of the Tentacle style, but in HD, that would be awesome. I think it would be great if it was in 2D - essentially like the HD remixes of Tales of Monkey Island. (except with more detailed animation) What about you? What do you think?

#2 Edited by Gnubberen (734 posts) -
#3 Edited by MariachiMacabre (6939 posts) -

@FlemmingM said:

As long as I'm able to put a weevil in an oatmeal, I'm happy.

Goddammit, I shouldn't have read that in my university library. It's too risky.

On topic, I don't really care what they do as long as it's funny and plays well. I'm picking it up, regardless.

#4 Posted by codynewill (165 posts) -

@TheAdmin said:

Obviously they'll be making their untitled adventure game, thanks to kickstarter. So what do you want it to be like? The only solid info is that it will be a "classic point-and-click". Personally, If it was a Day of the Tentacle style, but in HD, that would be awesome. I think it would be great if it was in 2D - essentially like the HD remixes of Tales of Monkey Island. (except with more detailed animation) What about you? What do you think?

I would love another HD point and click in the spirit of the Monkey Island remakes. Obviously it will be a new IP, but really great 2D art with fresh animation would be much more interesting to me instead of a 3D game like the new Sam & Max games. I think the old "grab, pick up, look at" stuff will have to be done away with, and a hint system is a must have for a modern adventure game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.