Dissertation study

Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

Hey guys, 

As of typing this I'm attempting to write up my dissertation for my final piece of work at university, finishing it will give me a degree in Video Game Design and hopefully a chance at getting my name and games into the hollowed pages of Giant Bomb's database.

To finish it however I've had to create a survey about DLC and digital distribution.

If anyone on the forum would do me the honour of participating in it I would be forever grateful.

Here is the link for those that wish to help. 

And remember, to anyone who takes the survey let me know, and i will offically owe you one.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22A9T7DSQYG

#1 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

Hey guys, 

As of typing this I'm attempting to write up my dissertation for my final piece of work at university, finishing it will give me a degree in Video Game Design and hopefully a chance at getting my name and games into the hollowed pages of Giant Bomb's database.

To finish it however I've had to create a survey about DLC and digital distribution.

If anyone on the forum would do me the honour of participating in it I would be forever grateful.

Here is the link for those that wish to help. 

And remember, to anyone who takes the survey let me know, and i will offically owe you one.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22A9T7DSQYG

#2 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I filled it in. Good luck with your studies.

#3 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

Done! Good survey - hope my answers help a little. 

Out of interest; what's the topic of your dissertation?

#4 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

Filled it out.  Hope you can find my answers of some use.

#5 Posted by SilverShadow (187 posts) -

I took your survey. Excellent work!
#6 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Done. Happy hunting.

#7 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Just finished it. Hope it helps. 

#8 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Okies

#9 Posted by DevWil (842 posts) -

I'm glad you're writing about this.  Best of luck with your career. 

Maybe you could come back to this thread when you're done and PM us all a link to the paper or something?

#10 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

Thanks to those who have taken part so far, I'll post my results as well as report to the site once it's been processed for marking. (Dont want to get accused of plagerism, especially of my own work after all) 

The survey is still open for anyone who would still like to take part. Thanks again.

#11 Edited by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Filled out your survey, duder. Good luck with the dissertation. 

EDIT: Goddamnit, didn't realize you'd finished. Five minutes of my life, gone forever.

#12 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@End_Boss said:
" Filled out your survey, duder. Good luck with the dissertation. 

EDIT: Goddamnit, didn't realize you'd finished. Five minutes of my life, gone forever. "
#13 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

Shit. Just did the same thing, though it's not entirely finished. Are you already done then soap, or is it still worth completing at this point?

#14 Posted by DuderBattalion (269 posts) -

Hahah .. I didn't notice that this was already closed. Well, I completed it anyway. Good luck in the future Soap, and say hi to Cpt Price :D

#15 Posted by ajamafalous (11959 posts) -
@organicalistic_ said:
" @End_Boss said:
" Filled out your survey, duder. Good luck with the dissertation. 

EDIT: Goddamnit, didn't realize you'd finished. Five minutes of my life, gone forever. "
"
#16 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

Hey, sorry if I sent out a confusing message, it's not closed at all guys, infact the more the merrier, I was just trying to say thanks to those that had already completed it  :P

Sorry for the confusion.

#17 Posted by DaemonicGrim (184 posts) -

filled in, interesting stuff. could do with comment space on the very last question but whatever you prefer ;)

#18 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

Done. You officially owe me one. Good luck with the dissertation!

#19 Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer (303 posts) -

I've been seeing your icon since I think the start of the giantbomb, so I did the survey. I did it for you, British bar of fight club soap!

#20 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -
@Chocobo_Blitzer said:
" I've been seeing your icon since I think the start of the giantbomb, so I did the survey. I did it for you, British bar of fight club soap! "
You actually made me laugh with this comment while I was on the phone lol
#21 Posted by thevector (66 posts) -

Just finished it, good luck with your dissertation mate.

#22 Posted by Scheds (464 posts) -

I completed it, good luck and looking forward to seeing your wiki page here on GB!

#23 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

I'd really like to thank all of GB for there help and support with this. Before posting it here I'd been trying to get people to take this for the past month and a half, in that time I got 30 responses. In the 3 hours it's been live on this site my results have shot up to 70.

Long live Giant Bomb.

#24 Posted by Sh4ft3d (134 posts) -

@Soap

Indeed.

#25 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@Soap:
just filled it in for ya mate. good luck to you! Get to work on an alpha build for lincoln force before i am forced to get a bank loan and do it myself!
#26 Posted by skidd (460 posts) -

Done, hope it goes well for you!

#27 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Done. Some of the wording was a tad confusing ("If you have not bought a downloadable game" for example) but I think I answered the questions as intended.

I am very curious how this turns out.

#28 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

Sorry to bump a 1 month old thread, but as of writting this I am fast approaching the deadline for when this survey will need to be closed. Currently my results sit at 81 replies, if anyone else has any intrest in taking this now would be the time, you would greatly help me out and get to be included in the results (of which I plan to post when it's all over)

Thanks in advanced to anyone else to take it and another thanks to those who already did.

#29 Posted by piropeople13 (399 posts) -

Nice survey.  Finished.  Good Luck!

#30 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -
@Chocobo_Blitzer said:
" I've been seeing your icon since I think the start of the giantbomb, so I did the survey. I did it for you, British bar of fight club soap! "
QFT. Fight Club is an awesome movie and I'll always take some time out to help a fellow GBer as I know most would return the favor.
#31 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

Thanks guys for taking the survey, sadly the research that this was apart of has been finished since July. But I still appreciate the sentiment.  

For those wondering how it went it helped me to secure a 1st class honours degree, so woot! :D

#32 Posted by stinky (1544 posts) -

Hallowed. 
Hollowed would be the act of making something empty.  unless of course you are referring to the intellectual emptiness of the database.

#33 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -
@stinky: thanks for correcting my 10 month old mistake lol 

Can this blog just die now? It can even be locked if it will keep it from reappearing. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.