Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Downloadable Content

Concept »

Downloadable Content adds new features and content to already-distributed video games via the Internet. Examples include new maps for FPS games, new songs for rhythm games, and new cars for racing games.

Is all this DLC I'm buying worth it?

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By regularassmilk

Just got paid today, and decided to throw a good chunk of money into DLC. 
    I'm going to pick up, 

• Undead Nightmare (The $20 Dollar Bundle, and probably all the other Red Dead Stuff)
    • Rockstar Pass for LA Noire.
    • The Ballad of Gay Tony.
    • The Lost and Damned.
    • and maybe, just maybe the new Black Ops map pack to renew my interest in that game.
    Any objections or suggestions? Comments?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I was gonna criticize you embracing DLC so much but then i saw that most of those are Rockstar DLC 

Undead Nightmare, Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned are all lengthy quality expansion packs to RDR and GTAIV, so go for it 
    buying MAPS for an online SHOOTER is real, real lame

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Twitchey

Undead Nightmare is amazing. I loved every second of it and the multiplayer zombie mode is awesome.

Kinsella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kinsella

I liked Ballad of Gay Tony but thought there was just too many helicopter missions, I hate flying that thing and trying to shoot ground targets.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nintendoeats

I really hate DLC in most cases, because it feels like you can no longer say "I own XXXXX" and have that be enough. Rockstar is a major exception, because what they are producing is more like minor sequels and other off-shoots.

EDIT: I suppose that the exception to my exception is L.A. Noire, since now they are tacking new stuff into the existing game...thereby making a "vanilla" copy seem incomplete.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By regularassmilk
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    I was gonna criticize you embracing DLC so much but then i saw that most of those are Rockstar DLC  Undead Nightmare, Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned are all lengthy quality expansion packs to RDR and GTAIV, so go for it buying MAPS for an online SHOOTER is real, real lame
    Honestly the Black Ops thing would probably be more for my Dad and little brother, so I wouldn't be bored when they spend hours playing it. @Twitchey said:
    Undead Nightmare is amazing. I loved every second of it and the multiplayer zombie mode is awesome.
    What is the mp zombie mode, anyway?
    Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Arker101

Naw, those are all pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've heard bad things about the biker DLC for GTA4. The CoD map packs are severely overpriced by definition, but you should do what your heart tells ya.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By regularassmilk
    @S0ndor said:
    I've heard bad things about the biker DLC for GTA4. The CoD map packs are severely overpriced by definition, but you should do what your heart tells ya.
    What've you heard about the biker DLC? I hear driving a bike around all the time is kind of annoying but I'm sure you get better at it. I was bad at it because I just never became a decemt motorcycle driver in GTA.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By valrog
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    I was gonna criticize you embracing DLC so much but then i saw that most of those are Rockstar DLC  Undead Nightmare, Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned are all lengthy quality expansion packs to RDR and GTAIV, so go for it buying MAPS for an online SHOOTER is real, real lame
    What he said. Episodes from Liberty City are practically new games.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@regularassmilk said:
    @S0ndor said:
    What've you heard about the biker DLC? I hear driving a bike around all the time is kind of annoying but I'm sure you get better at it. I was bad at it because I just never became a decemt motorcycle driver in GTA.
    A friend bought both DLCs and loved Gay Tony to bits, but said that The Lost and the Damned was just plain boring. He wasn't interested in the stuff he was doing at all. The guy finished GTA4 a bunch of times, so he definitely knows his stuff.

Just an opinion though.
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @regularassmilk said:
    Just got paid today, and decided to throw a good chunk of money into DLC. 
    I'm going to pick up, 
    • Undead Nightmare (The $20 Dollar Bundle, and probably all the other Red Dead Stuff)
    • Rockstar Pass for LA Noire.
    • The Ballad of Gay Tony.
    • The Lost and Damned.
    • and maybe, just maybe the new Black Ops map pack to renew my interest in that game.
    Any objections or suggestions? Comments?

• Undead Nightmare - Yes Its a great addition and a good few hours.
    • Rockstar Pass for LA Noire. - Meh, If you really like the games I guess, I didn't get as much fun or use out of for my buck.
    • The Ballad of Gay Tony. - Sure, again nice addition to GTA franchise and a good few hours of use.
    • The Lost and Damned.  - As above.
    • and maybe, just maybe the new Black Ops map pack to renew my interest in that game.- Depends, If you enjoy the MP then Yes as you can get hours and hours of use out of your $15, if you dont really play the MP much id pass.
    I look at all DLC as value (hours of use) for money spent. I bought both Map packs for COD:BO and have played the shit out of them so money well spent in my case. The Rock star stuff I enjoyed and felt I got my moneys worth. If you ever interested id skip all the ME2 DLC unless you really want the story as I didn't feel any of it was worth the price.
    Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Twitchey
    @regularassmilk: You and three people go to landmarks in the single player. Before you choose your set up kind of like coop missions. The zombies come in hordes and you have a set time to finish the horde because if you don't the zombies never stop and no ammo is dropped so you eventually die.
    jayhall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jayhall

lost and the damned kinda wears on you. its hard to advise you to get it but at the same time its more gta. its your call, if you like gta so much you dont think a bad story can spoil it get it, otherwise stick with gay tony.  

I find map packs frustrating because it just seems like a money grab 

and i never bought undead nightware because it seemed kinda expensive for what it offered 

that just my 2 cents worth

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.