$5 Amazon

#1 Posted by cornwalliz (214 posts) -

To anyone who cares, the game is at $5 on amazon, PC Download, regular edition. Just bought it with a gift card I had on my account.

#2 Edited by AndrewB (7568 posts) -

I'm going to put my support behind this game and say it's worth it for $5.

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Rip-off.

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

5$ is fine for DA2 the only problem with it is the repetitive dungeons, I dont see why it gets so much hate.

#5 Posted by Joker369 (872 posts) -

I will give you $100 for you to never play that game.

Online
#6 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

@Joker369 said:

I will give you $100 for you to never play that game.

No you wont.

#7 Posted by Beforet (2915 posts) -

DAII wasn't terrible; I'd say $5 is a good deal.

#8 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

DA2 is pretty great get it.

#9 Posted by Brodehouse (9792 posts) -

DA2 is pretty good.  It has problems but people pretending like it's not a good video game need to get some perspective.

#10 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

DA2 is pretty good. It has problems but people pretending like it's not a good video game need to get some perspective.

It's a great video game if you like lots of repetition and doing the same thing over and over again. I think the same people that like DAII must have loved the first Assassin's Creed.

#11 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@Brodehouse said:

DA2 is pretty good. It has problems but people pretending like it's not a good video game need to get some perspective.

It's a great video game if you like lots of repetition and doing the same thing over and over again. I think the same people that like DAII must have loved the first Assassin's Creed.

DA 2 is a bad game. That's my perspective.

#12 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Sooty said:

@Brodehouse said:

DA2 is pretty good. It has problems but people pretending like it's not a good video game need to get some perspective.

It's a great video game if you like lots of repetition and doing the same thing over and over again. I think the same people that like DAII must have loved the first Assassin's Creed.

Skyrim makes you do the same thing over and over again, and that game is good.
#13 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11594 posts) -

$5 is an... acceptable price for Dragon Age II I'll say. At that point, if you don't like it you're only out $5, as opposed to the $60 that some other people paid. Honestly, I still like it in almost a guilty pleasure-like fashion. Yes, it's obviously a massive step down from Origins, but there are still aspects of it that I like, such as the combat or the characters. The main plot starts middling and ends in a way that can lightly be called a trainwreck though, and the repetition does start to wear one down after a while.

#14 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

Or you could get a month of Whiskey Media Premium....

#15 Posted by Wraith1 (560 posts) -

I still haven't opened my copy, it's just sitting there next to my sealed copy of Final Fantasy 13

#16 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Joker369 said:
I will give you $100 for you to never play that game.
I laughed out loud at this. 
 
I actually bought it, and am interested to get into it. I just realized this unnecessarily flies in the face of your post.
#17 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

It's worth playing for $5, it's definitely not as bad as some people make out.

Not that it was particularly good, I'd still consider it a huge disappointment.. but if it weren't for Bioware's name being attached to it, there's no way it would get this much hate.

#18 Posted by Hector (3357 posts) -

Damn, no Mac discount!

#19 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

The people that make DA2 out to be worst game ever are hilarious. 

#20 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -

@Joker369 said:

I will give you $100 for you to never play that game.

LMAO! How bizarre that you said that. I said the same thing to a gamestop employee. I was picking up Batman: Arkham City and he said if I want to put $5 on MW3 and I told him that I'll give him a $100 to never say that to me again, ever.

#21 Edited by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Mordukai said:

@Joker369 said:

I will give you $100 for you to never play that game.

LMAO! How bizarre that you said that. I said the same thing to a gamestop employee. I was picking up Batman: Arkham City and he said if I want to put $5 on MW3 and I told him that I'll give him a $100 to never say that to me again, ever.

You take things too serious, my friend.  You could have just said "no."  He most likely does not even care about video games, he was just doing his job.
#22 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

I thought it was worth $20 when I picked it up for PS3. $5 is a steal. Is it as good as Origins? Absolutely not. Is it the worst game ever made? Nope. I can see why people would be disappointed buying this as a $60 retail product but for that price it's fine.

#23 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Mordukai said:

@Joker369 said:

I will give you $100 for you to never play that game.

LMAO! How bizarre that you said that. I said the same thing to a gamestop employee. I was picking up Batman: Arkham City and he said if I want to put $5 on MW3 and I told him that I'll give him a $100 to never say that to me again, ever.

You take things too serious, my friend. You could have just said "no." He most likely does not even care about video game, he was just doing his job.

Ahem...You take things too seriously because the guy had a good laugh about it.

#24 Posted by Crocio (542 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

Or you could get a month of Whiskey Media Premium....
#25 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Mordukai said:

@kingzetta said:

@Mordukai said:

@Joker369 said:

I will give you $100 for you to never play that game.

LMAO! How bizarre that you said that. I said the same thing to a gamestop employee. I was picking up Batman: Arkham City and he said if I want to put $5 on MW3 and I told him that I'll give him a $100 to never say that to me again, ever.

You take things too serious, my friend. You could have just said "no." He most likely does not even care about video game, he was just doing his job.

Ahem...You take things too seriously because the guy had a good laugh about it.

yeah but you weren't joking. Yes you were joking in the fact that you never going to give him the $100, but you meant the sentiment.
#26 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@Brodehouse said:

DA2 is pretty good. It has problems but people pretending like it's not a good video game need to get some perspective.

It's a great video game if you like lots of repetition and doing the same thing over and over again. I think the same people that like DAII must have loved the first Assassin's Creed.

You just described GTA, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Fallout, and every other RPG out there.

I loved the first Assassin's Creed, it defined the genre, but I loved it for the story it told, same reason why I loved the whole series, could really care less all that much about side missions. Sure DAII didn't live up to DAO but it still was a pretty damn good game.

#27 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Honestly, I wouldn't be satisfied with the game if I bought it for 5 dollars. I wouldn't actively be angry that I bought it like I am about buying it for 50 or 60 or whatever, but I didn't enjoy one second of the ten hours I played before I couldn't take any more.

#28 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

@msavo said:

I thought it was worth $20 when I picked it up for PS3. $5 is a steal. Is it as good as Origins? Absolutely not. Is it the worst game ever made? Nope. I can see why people would be disappointed buying this as a $60 retail product but for that price it's fine.

Replace PS3 with Xbox 360 and this is exactly what I would say. I think Dragon Age 2 is the most over hated game ever. Yes the dungeons are quite similar and the story isn't as good as Origins but I enjoyed playing the game.

#29 Edited by dagas (2797 posts) -

I got it from Origin at 50% off so €10. I've been messing around with some cool mods. You know how in the opening scene Bethany's breasts are "enhanced" by Varric and then return to normal after that. Well now they don't have to return to normal. Too bad there aren't more game altering mods like there are for DA:O, because of the lack of any mod tools most mods are just superficial like that. But hey if you want better looking Aveline and you are a racist and need Isabella to be blue eyed, blonde and white skinned instead of her exotic look mods have you covered ^^

There are some gameplay altering mods though. I really like the one that halves the cooldown on heal. I never understood why they increased the cooldown of heal so much from DA:O to DA2. Faster run speed is also nice to get around faster.

Also it looks better than on 360 (I'm playing with everything at maximum at DX11 and the high res texture pack) although the difference isn't as huge as it was when I played DA:O on PC compared to 360 since DA2 looks alright on consoles already unlike DA:O which looks like an XBOX1 game on consoles.

I now have ME1 and 2 and DA1 and 2 on both 360 and PC...I feel a bit silly, but at least DA:O can be a completely different game on PC. The Quests&Legends mod adds something like 100 new dungeons to the game among other things. I wish there was something like that for DA2...

Also there is a mod that adds great looking hardwood floors to your house just because, they look rather nice, not that I thought the problem with DA2 had anything to do with the floors looking too cheap, but now they look very expensive.

#30 Posted by believer258 (11776 posts) -

@Joker369 said:

I will give you $100 for you to never play that game.

Deal!

I've never played it and can live without.

#31 Posted by omghisam (284 posts) -

Biggest day one purchase regret.

#32 Posted by dagas (2797 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@dagas: a moth before FA2 came out the giantbomb boards were on fire with people super pissed about big boobs in dragon age. that was ridiculous.

Yeah those were pretty funny. "OMG MY MOM IN DA2 HAS TITS!" and such.

I forgot to mention the most important mod of them all. The mod that lets you change gear in your party members just like you can change your own gear. That was one of the things that many players complained about not being able to do.

Along with the better junk mod (no that kind of junk I mean the junk items you pick up) means you have to care about looting. Before they paid so little that even full of junk you got a few pieces of silver at most. And you need more money when you need to equip your entire party.

#33 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Mordukai said:

@kingzetta said:

@Mordukai said:

@Joker369 said:

I will give you $100 for you to never play that game.

LMAO! How bizarre that you said that. I said the same thing to a gamestop employee. I was picking up Batman: Arkham City and he said if I want to put $5 on MW3 and I told him that I'll give him a $100 to never say that to me again, ever.

You take things too serious, my friend. You could have just said "no." He most likely does not even care about video game, he was just doing his job.

Ahem...You take things too seriously because the guy had a good laugh about it.

yeah but you weren't joking. Yes you were joking in the fact that you never going to give him the $100, but you meant the sentiment.

Why hello me, how are you doing? Do you often make assumption about situations you had no involvement in. Usually I would not explain myself but in your case I think I need to just so you can leave me the fuck alone. I made the comment/joke with a smile on my face and the clerk, who's a guy I know quite well, smiled back and we both laughed. Now please, and note how polite I am, LET IT GO!

#34 Edited by Stete (729 posts) -

Ye, go for it. Even though its a pathetic excuse for a successor to Dragon Age Origins, its still a good game.

Lets put it this way, Dragon Age Origins is like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 is like Mass Effect 1. Mass Effect 1 is still a good game even though Mass Effect 2 is superior in every way possible. Understandably people were upset when Dragon Age 2 came out because the bare minimum you expect from a sequel is to match the brilliance of the first game if not surpass it, and not only Dragon Age Origins set the bar pretty damn high, Dragon Age 2 took a lot of steps backwards which made the game feel in many ways some sort of pre-alpha version of its predecessor. But despite all this, I would definitely not call it a bad game, I still poured in 50 hours into it and for me that's good value for a full priced title, let alone a $5 one.

#35 Posted by BRich (431 posts) -

@Stete: Mass Effect 1 is far superior in story and is probably my favorite 360 game. So maybe Dragon Age 2 is worth playing?

#36 Posted by sungahymn (993 posts) -

Appropriate.

#37 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

$5 is not a bad price for anything, but don't think about it like that. Just remember it will also cost you 40-50 hours of your life and you will never get them back, I know I won't.

#38 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I got it for full price when it came out, totally worth it.

#39 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I wouldn't buy it for more than 2$

#40 Posted by MentalDisruption (1621 posts) -

I would be happier if it was origins that was on sale for $5.

#41 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

People hate this game just because it's an easy target. It's far better than most RPG's that came out in the last few years and I didn't feel cheated when I bought it for 60$ so I would say 5$ is a real great deal.

#42 Posted by Hailinel (24288 posts) -

Nope. For me, not even at that price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.