Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Bugged Merrill quest... any way around it? (spoilers)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

Spoilers, obviously

So im in Act 3, trying to finish Merrill's loyalty quest thing, i kill the keeper/demon in the cave, i kill all her elf buddies that dont like us very much, and the quest log says youre supposed to go back to Merrill's and talk to her... problem is, i go there and she has no quest on her, nor nothing happens when i talk to her. Ive reloaded the save twice now, tried a couple of different dialog options, and it always happens. So, is this quest just completely broken and i wont be able to finish it? Kind of a bummer if so, but at least i'd like to know so i can move on. Apreciate any help!

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rhaknar
    @rebgav said:

@Rhaknar said:

Spoilers, obviously So im in Act 3, trying to finish Merrill's loyalty quest thing, i kill the keeper/demon in the cave, i kill all her elf buddies that dont like us very much, and the quest log says youre supposed to go back to Merrill's and talk to her... problem is, i go there and she has no quest on her, nor nothing happens when i talk to her. Ive reloaded the save twice now, tried a couple of different dialog options, and it always happens. So, is this quest just completely broken and i wont be able to finish it? Kind of a bummer if so, but at least i'd like to know so i can move on. Apreciate any help!

If I remember correctly, it won't trigger until a certain point in the main story. Go back to her house after doing main story quests.

well i keep going back after quests and still nothing... seems busted to me. Oh well, wouldnt be Dragon Age without a bugged quest :/
    Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sign

I thought they fixed that issue in a patch, do you have your game fully updated, or maybe it didn't apply to games in progress? If that is the case, there really isn't a work around that I have heard of.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By benjaebe

That sounds like a problem they had prior to patching the game. The cutscene given to you at the end of the quest used to fire right at the start of Act 3 and then be inaccessible when you finished her quest. Might be that you haven't updated or had a save game that somehow couldn't be patched correctly in progress, since they did that a few months ago.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

i only started the game this week so it wasnt an old save... /shrug

edit: and its 1.03 which is the latest patch... double /shrug!

Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sign

What platform are you playing on? The Merrill quest in Act 3 was fixed in Patch 1.02 and further tweaks were added to other quests in 1.03. Make sure you have the game completely up to date.

http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches That is the link to the DA2 Patches for PC.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Sign said:

What platform are you playing on? The Merrill quest in Act 3 was fixed in Patch 1.02 and further tweaks were added to other quests in 1.03. Make sure you have the game completely up to date.

http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches That is the link to the DA2 Patches for PC.

like i said, my game is 1.03, so no idea. its alright dude, im pretty sure im about to finish the game anyway
    Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sign

@Rhaknar: Ah, you hadn't edited when I started typing my reply and I didn't see your change. That is weird that you are still experiencing it. Unfortunately it seems you are just stuck with it. I finished my 2 playthroughs before the patch so I got hit by it as well, kind of irritating and a little jarring when you are trying to make sense of it all.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Sign said:

@Rhaknar: Ah, you hadn't edited when I started typing my reply and I didn't see your change. That is weird that you are still experiencing it. Unfortunately it seems you are just stuck with it. I finished my 2 playthroughs before the patch so I got hit by it as well, kind of irritating and a little jarring when you are trying to make sense of it all.

maybe one day when / if i play it again it will be fixed. But, like i said, i was about to finish the game (which i just did) so its no big deal.
    bal3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By bal3000

I think you have to go alone with no companions, then it triggers the quest

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.