Character Creation Help!

#1 Posted by CowboyBebopper (170 posts) -

So I've started my new game of Dragon Age 2: SE, and I'm at the character creation screen. The only options available to me are the presets and Portrait. I've no ability to change how Hawke looks which strikes me as kind of...odd. Is anyone else having this problem? I've started a game twice now and I haven't been able to select anything other than the presets and portrait.

#2 Posted by StarvingGamer (8134 posts) -
@CowboyBebopper: Don't have the game yet but I recall reading that you have to select a preset other than the default one and then start editing it. Have you tried that?
#3 Posted by RedRoach (1191 posts) -
@CowboyBebopper: You cannot customize default Hawke, If you have to select another preset and customize from there.
#4 Posted by CowboyBebopper (170 posts) -

I seem to be able to select a preset but am unable to edit it. I'm trying a third time now. I have to believe this is a bug but it's a VERY unusual one.

#5 Posted by CowboyBebopper (170 posts) -
@Jason_Bourne: Hmm, Maybe that is the problem. I'm going to try customizing a non-Hawke preset.

But isn't that just kind of...WEIRD?
#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (8134 posts) -
@CowboyBebopper: Not really, I'm willing to be that extra work went into default Hawke and he/she cannot actually be achieved with the character creator, therefore there is no base point to edit it from.
#7 Edited by CowboyBebopper (170 posts) -
@StarvingGamer: Point taken, I see what you mean. I guess I can't be too angry about it. After all Bioware has done for us I can't complain about that minor thing.

To update...my game was actually bugged. I finally gained access to the character creation and made my own personal Hawke...and then in the game it kept defaulting back to the default model. I took it back to GameStop and they gave me a new copy without any trouble.

Then I came home to find out that my roommate sold our TV. That's life I guess?
#8 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

Why the ruddy hell would he do that?!

#9 Posted by punkxblaze (2971 posts) -

You should beat the shit out of them. On principle. With blood magic.

#10 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

There is a slider that let's you choose different "preset" Hawkes.  After the first two, the rest are all customizable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.