Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

DLC says Dragon Age 2 is not installed WTF?

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rb_man

I was playing dragon age 2 for 3 hours then I remembered there is that black emporium thing and the exiled prince. So I download them fine but then when I try to run them they say dragon age 2 is not installed WTF I was just playing less then 5 mins ago.  

Dose anyone have a fix for this? 

BTW I have the steam version and am running windows 7 64bit.

shakra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By shakra

I had no issues with the steam version on win 7 64bit. Does the install allow you to point to your DA installation location? Mine just extracted and installed without me even looking at it. Maybe disable any antivirus software and try it?

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Chris2KLee

No problems here with the Direct2Drive version on 64bit Vista. Did you try running it as an administrator?

eondesigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By eondesigner

@rb_man, I had the same problem and solved it by doing this: 

1. open the DA2 launcher.
    2. run the DLC installer, it says can't install because DA2 is running or some similar error.
    3. leave the error box open and exit the DA2 launcher.
    4. press OK in the error box and try the DLC install again and it should work. 

good luck

SalaXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SalaXander

I am currently having the same problem but can't seem to solve it with eondesigner's help :-( anyone else have any suggestions?

Throbbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys! So after much frustration and experimentation, I THINK I may have found a solution (even though this post is from years ago). What worked for me was:

1) Open the Origin client (so you're authenticated)

2) Run "DragonAge2Config.exe" from your Dragon Age 2 install folder (mine was located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Dragon Age II\bin_ship)

- this should register your game's proper install location

3) Attempt to run the DLC installers again. They should be successful this time!

As a side note: I initially tried this in conjunction with @eondesigner's process, only I started the "Dragon Age 2 Configuration Utility" instead of the "Dragon Age 2 Launcher". However, I'm not sure if that step is entirely necessary, since after I tried his fix for one DLC pack, I was able to correctly install all 4 of the other packs I had WITHOUT having to do the "receive the error message and click 'okay'" workaround.

Anyways, Hope this helps!

SilverCorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you man, i tried everything to make the DLCs work on Dragon Age II installed from EA PLAY and with this it finally works. I know that 7 years have passed but this still works. Thanks

Blegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silvercorbo:

What did you do to make it work? I'm having the same problem with EA PLAY, I can't install The Exiled Prince DLC

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@blegg: Seems like they followed the instructions in the previous post by Throbbz.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never thought a Dragon Age 2 DLC thread would get genuinely necro'ed in 2022, but I guess these truly are strange times.

Although, that DLC is pretty good all things considered (being, it's good for THAT GAMES weirdness).

Blegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blegg

@eccentrix: I did but it shows as Unauthorized and it doesn't show in the quest menu

Edit: alright changing XML files solved the problem

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sethmode said:

Never thought a Dragon Age 2 DLC thread would get genuinely necro'ed in 2022, but I guess these truly are strange times.

Although, that DLC is pretty good all things considered (being, it's good for THAT GAMES weirdness).

EA recently made all the DLC for the Mass Effect trilogy and the first two Dragon Age games free, so that probably has something to do with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.