Dragon Age 2, how long did it take you to finish it?

• 76 results
#1 Posted by Dread612 (167 posts) -

Listening to the bombcast and Vinny said he is 30 hrs in and just finished Act 1. Of course we all know Vinny takes his time and reads everything. I beat the game (PC) in about 25 hrs , and I did 90%+ of the side quests but I went through it pretty quick. Started on hard but switched to normal half way through. I couldn't stand the enemies warping into combat any longer. Anyways, just curious how long did it take you guys?

#2 Posted by Venatio (4485 posts) -

I'm currently at the end of Act 2 and I'm 40 hours in

I'm really slow

#3 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

I did every side quests I came across, explored everything I could, read about 75% of the codex, and I clocked around 38 hours by the end.

#4 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3321 posts) -

30 hours or so but I didn't run around and talk to everyone.

#5 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

I probably wont finish it anytime soon (since I stopped playing it). But I'm in the beginning of act 2 and I've spent about 20 hours playing it.

#6 Edited by phrosnite (3517 posts) -

95%-98% of the quests; finished it in 58 hours(first 19 hours on nightmare then on hard till the end). Level 24 at the end of the game.

#7 Posted by dagas (2711 posts) -

33h on 360 doing most of the side quests and I was taking my time exploring and such. It really could have needed one more act. I have so many things to bash about, but I'm currently on my third play through so I guess it's still a great game. First time I was good, second evil and now I'm choosing the funny response every time. It's quite funny.

#8 Posted by AlisterCat (5399 posts) -

About 40 hours.

#9 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

Thirty hours even.

#10 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

57 hours on my first playthrough, but I missed some minor stuff in act 2.

#11 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

About 45 hours.

#12 Posted by Yummylee (20585 posts) -

A bit over 48 hours.

#13 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

48 hours and 53 minutes

#14 Posted by Rayeth (1000 posts) -

Right around 30 hours on normal on the PC. 

Trying again on hard as a warrior.  looks to be slightly longer so far.

#15 Posted by Chop (1965 posts) -

60 hours

#16 Posted by phish09 (1109 posts) -

I'm about half way through Act 2 and about 35 hours into the game, so I'd reckon my first playthrough will be in the 60-70 hour range.

#17 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

40 then 20 on my second playthrough after I added some increase movement speed mod.

#18 Posted by Mysterion (159 posts) -

47 hours on PC

#19 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

Did all the side quests except a few that glitched out on me. Clocked in at around 30 hours.

#20 Posted by cutyoface (525 posts) -

Like 28 hours

#21 Posted by StarvingGamer (7567 posts) -

40 hours, tried to be as completionist as possible.

#22 Posted by Ramboknife (114 posts) -

Steam says 42.9 hours. 

#23 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

I think I'm pretty close to the end and I'm at 50.  I was around 25 when I finished Act 1.

#24 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Around 35h.

#25 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Too long.

#26 Posted by xyzygy (9627 posts) -

54 hours. A few of my sidequests were bugged so it would have been a bit longer.

#27 Posted by damswedon (3168 posts) -

somewhere between 35 and 40 about as long as it took me to beat origins.

#28 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -
@Dread612: about 26 hours
#29 Posted by Juvarial (305 posts) -

24 hours. 
The free gear is OP.

#30 Posted by Mystyr_E (1172 posts) -

28 hours on rogue playthrough was beginning of act 2 but I didn't care for decisions and whatnot so I said screw it, starting over and picked 2H warrior 
that took 43.5 hours

#31 Posted by Nelander (177 posts) -

50 hours on the first play-through and 44 for the second

#32 Posted by Daveyo520 (6597 posts) -

Over 40 hours. I really can't see how people who have claimed to do everything have done it in half that. Unless they skip everything, but then what is the point of playing an RPG? 

I guess I play like Vinny. It took me 82 hours to beat Origins.

#33 Posted by MaFoLu (1854 posts) -

Over 60, but under 70, hours, did every quest I found.

#34 Posted by Vlaphor (197 posts) -

Yeah, it was about 25hours for me as well, played on normal, with most everything done.  Dragon Age Origins was about sixty the first time through, and I missed enough to make a second play through worthwhile.

#35 Posted by I_love_Eva_Braun (481 posts) -

40 hours, would have played it longer but that damned isabela glitch made me rush it near the end

#36 Posted by TheKing (788 posts) -

23 hours. I didn't do all the side stuff but I did a decent bit.

#37 Posted by Jimbo (9710 posts) -

58 plus change on Hard.  Not sure how much of that is AFK, but I'd say 50+ feels about right.  That doesn't include most of Fenris' missions because they didn't even activate... awesome.

#38 Posted by Anund (849 posts) -

I have 51 hours played after beating it, but that is after fooling around with a mage and rogue alt, both were at level 5 :)

#39 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

54 hours on Hard. Missed a few minor things here and there but generally tried to do every mission I could find. Missed out on a bunch of Fenris stuff because I never brought him anywhere and more or less forgot about him.

#40 Posted by Yummylee (20585 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" 54 hours on Hard. Missed a few minor things here and there but generally tried to do every mission I could find. Missed out on a bunch of Fenris stuff because I never brought him anywhere and more or less forgot about him. "
That's how I treated him during my first playthrough. Really got a bad first impression with his silver hair, stupid lines of dialogue involving his soul, and just his overall melancholy look with his silver hair. During my 2nd playthrough I had him stuck to my femhawke like glue, and while he didn't quite reach the top of the ladder out of the party members, he definitely surprised me and made for a funny, interesting dood.
#41 Posted by Buccura (213 posts) -

Around 42 or so, and I did all the side quests. Well, the ones that didn't bug out at least.

#42 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

For my first playthru on normal, I did every quest that I could find on my own.  I finished the game at 26 hours.

My second playthru on easy, I did a few quest chains for the achievements and just spammed the skip button during talking.  I finished the game at 8h30m.

I believe if I had done those quest chains in my first playthru, I would've clocked in at 30 hours.

#43 Posted by Choi (510 posts) -

About 45 hours too.

#44 Edited by acetate3 (2 posts) -

My first playthrough as a rogue supporting the mages was 45 hrs 15 mins.

My second playthrough as a warrior supporting the templars was 23 hrs 14 mins. 

With each playthough I did all quests, possibly skipping some of the "deliver the item" quests the second time through.

#45 Posted by markini6 (444 posts) -

20 hours and a few minutes, did a good number of side and companion quests but didn't really seek out everything.

#46 Posted by Vaile (355 posts) -

A trilliioooon yeeeeaaarrrsss!

#47 Posted by musdy (323 posts) -

47 hour.  I did almost every quest.

#48 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

40 some hours

#49 Posted by project343 (2807 posts) -

44 hours.

#50 Edited by jmrwacko (2444 posts) -

I dunno how people could claim this game is short. I beat in about 35 hours on Hard mode. Maybe it's short compared to the 50 hours I spent playing Dragon Age Origins, but the first Dragon Age was more grind than anything. And yeah, the game would be like 10 hours if you just did the main quest (provided you can get enough gear from just the main quests to be ABLE to beat the game). Oblivion was the same way.

Also, if anyone could beat the High Dragon with a 2h warrior tank on Hard mode or above, you accomplished what I could not :-(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.