Game breaking DLC items?

#1 Posted by MisterDunlap (245 posts) -

I've noticed that some of the items I've been using, that have been from the DLC packs and whatnot, have been making the fights really, really easy. Even on harder difficultly settings. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I the only one?

#2 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Too crazy for you? Want more challenge? Don't use them.

#3 Posted by MisterDunlap (245 posts) -
@extremeradical: I'm not complaining. I just want to know if anyone else has noticed this.
#4 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

its not out here until friday but some of the items seem really powerful 

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@DarthOniXVIII said:
" @extremeradical: I'm not complaining. I just want to know if anyone else has noticed this. "
It is nothing new about DLC items breaking a game..or just making it easier. 
#6 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

It wasn't a problem in Origins, because the shit I got had a stat requirement matching the top-tier stuff available in-game. Is that not the case in DA2?

#7 Edited by Skald (4367 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @DarthOniXVIII said:

" @extremeradical: I'm not complaining. I just want to know if anyone else has noticed this. "

It is nothing new about DLC items breaking a game..or just making it easier.  "
Ain't that the truth.

@example1013

said:

" It wasn't a problem in Origins, because the shit I got had a stat requirement matching the top-tier stuff available in-game. Is that not the case in DA2? "

In retrospect, that game handled the DLC stuff pretty well, except for the Facebook stuff I suppose.
#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@extremeradical said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @DarthOniXVIII said:
Ain't that the truth, 

@example1013 said:
" It wasn't a problem in Origins, because the shit I got had a stat requirement matching the top-tier stuff available in-game. Is that not the case in DA2? "
In retrospect, that game handled the DLC stuff pretty good, except for the Facebook stuff I suppose. "
Dead Space. Dead Space 2. First Dragon age. Borderlands. (for the first hour or so) Mass effect 2. Splinter cell Conviction. The list goes on and on and on. 
#9 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @extremeradical said:
" @DarthOniXVIII said:
Ain't that the truth, 

@example1013 said:
In retrospect, that game handled the DLC stuff pretty good, except for the Facebook stuff I suppose. "
Dead Space. Dead Space 2. First Dragon age. Borderlands. (for the first hour or so) Mass effect 2. Splinter cell Conviction. The list goes on and on and on.  "
New Vegas, Infamous.
#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@extremeradical said:
" @extremeradical said:
" @DarthOniXVIII said:
Ain't that the truth, 

@example1013 said:
Dead Space. Dead Space 2. First Dragon age. Borderlands. (for the first hour or so) Mass effect 2. Splinter cell Conviction. The list goes on and on and on.  "
New Vegas, Infamous. "
New vegas had one that was not even correctly in the game. One of the guns if you put the scope on it the texture/mesh was not even in the freaking game. 
#11 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @extremeradical said:
" @extremeradical said:
" @DarthOniXVIII said:
Ain't that the truth, 

@example1013 said:
New Vegas, Infamous. "
New vegas had one that was not even correctly in the game. One of the guns if you put the scope on it the texture/mesh was not even in the freaking game.  "
A pre-order trap. Very sneaky of them.
#12 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

MUA 2

#13 Posted by Undeadpool (4911 posts) -
@DarthOniXVIII: I've got almost all the DLC items and I found turning the difficulty to Hard makes the game PLENTY challenging (though that's more as a result of me being a seasoned DA: O player than the equipment itself), but is there any piece of equipment specifically that you're referring to?
#14 Posted by Chris2KLee (2329 posts) -

They are definitely savage early on, but by the time you get to the second time shift forward, they are about middle range items and you have to upgrade them. They are great early on, but weaken as you level up (except for the 1Hnd preorder sword which is supposed to level up with you).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.