Help: Merrill will not leave my party.

#1 Posted by iKANNIBAL (601 posts) -

Yeah ok so i'm pissed cause i kinda had the perfect team going (Aveline, Fenris, Anders, Mage Hawke) and ever since the mission i did with Merrill and that damn mirror and killing the keeper or "elderly elf" as i call her. Merrill is locked in my party, the mission is over, yet this hooker is still locked in my party. Please get her out! i am open to suggestions even if it means killing her :| is there like some place i can take her where she dies? and we can ditch her elven ass! she's being a serious troll right now and i don't like it.

#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Just go back to your house.  She should leave your party.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (21276 posts) -
@EvilTwin said:
" Just go back to your house.  She should leave your party. "
This. Same technique you should use when you get Sebastian stuck with you as well, after doing some of his DLC missions.
#4 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I guess I am not the only one who had this problem, then. Visiting your house works.

#5 Posted by iKANNIBAL (601 posts) -

And to think ive been going to her house expecting some hidden conversation i missed this entire time! thank you. I was seriously ready to kill her though....somehow.

#6 Posted by rethla (425 posts) -
@iKANNIBAL said:

" And to think ive been going to her house expecting some hidden conversation i missed this entire time! thank you. I was seriously ready to kill her though....somehow. "

But why?
#7 Posted by GaspoweR (2811 posts) -

She's fucking stupid...geez. She fucking turned on me after being convinced by that Pride Demon in the Night Terrors quest. Never deal with demons and she still got suckered into doing it. Shes probably one of the only characters that I'm so pissed at right now. 

#8 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
@GaspoweR said:
" She's fucking stupid...geez. She fucking turned on me after being convinced by that Pride Demon in the Night Terrors quest. Never deal with demons and she still got suckered into doing it. Shes probably one of the only characters that I'm so pissed at right now.  "
Unrelated to the topic, but pretty much everyone will turn on you in the Fade.
#9 Posted by Yummylee (21276 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" @GaspoweR said:
" She's fucking stupid...geez. She fucking turned on me after being convinced by that Pride Demon in the Night Terrors quest. Never deal with demons and she still got suckered into doing it. Shes probably one of the only characters that I'm so pissed at right now.  "
Unrelated to the topic, but pretty much everyone will turn on you in the Fade. "
Yeah, that really sucked. All of our relationship points for nothing?? :O Sure, they can apologise afterwards, but usually the amount put towards rivalry over the betrayal is 5 more than the apology. 
I think Anders and Varric (and Sebastian, but only because he can't even be taken in there) are the only two can't be coerced, though mostly since the demon's don't even attempt to.
#10 Posted by GaspoweR (2811 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @benjaebe said:
" @GaspoweR said:
Unrelated to the topic, but pretty much everyone will turn on you in the Fade. "
Yeah, that really sucked. All of our relationship points for nothing?? :O Sure, they can apologise afterwards, but usually the amount put towards rivalry over the betrayal is 5 more than the apology. I think Anders and Varric (and Sebastian, but only because he can't even be taken in there) are the only two can't be coerced, though mostly since the demon's don't even attempt to. "
Never really thought about that factoring into it. The part where Justice took over was pretty cool though. Kinda hate Anders now in DA 2. Liked him better when he still had Ser Pounce-a-lot  in DAO:A.

Sorry for the tangent by the way. I did have this annoying glitch that caused my characters to not be able to attack or use abilities but i can still them maneuver them using WASD. Never encountered this character binding glitch though.
#11 Edited by iKANNIBAL (601 posts) -

Bros, its all about that Aveline & Varric. TRUST NOONE but Aveline & Varric they are your true friend, maybe Anders too even though  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content., he still never goes against you. Aveline & Varric will also side up with you no matter what and thats why they're gangsta. Then again Merril does side with you if you decide to help mages or templars but still SHE BETRAYED YOU in the fade plus its her fault the keeper died and everyone in the camp was slaughtered, she's an idiot.

#12 Posted by Mike76x (555 posts) -
@iKANNIBAL said:
" Bros, its all about that Aveline & Varric. TRUST NOONE but Aveline & Varric they are your true friend, maybe Anders too even though  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content., he still never goes against you. Aveline & Varric will also side up with you no matter what and thats why they're gangsta. Then again Merril does side with you if you decide to help mages or templars but still SHE BETRAYED YOU in the fade plus its her fault the keeper died and everyone in the camp was slaughtered, she's an idiot. "
The camp slaughter is preventable, you have to take responsibility.
#13 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @benjaebe said:
" @GaspoweR said:
Yeah, that really sucked. All of our relationship points for nothing?? :O Sure, they can apologise afterwards, but usually the amount put towards rivalry over the betrayal is 5 more than the apology. I think Anders and Varric (and Sebastian, but only because he can't even be taken in there) are the only two can't be coerced, though mostly since the demon's don't even attempt to. "
I think that's the point of the Fade quest, dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.