Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Is this better on 360 or PS3?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I understand it's probably best on PC, and if I were to play this, I would have loved to play it on PC like I did Origins, but with the lack of a working PC to do so, that's not happening any time soon. I also understand that many people believe this is a disappointment, but I was wondering, if I were to ever want to buy it, and I had to choose either PS3 or 360, which version would be the better choice? In a way, it's really too bad that I got so into the whole Dragon Age thing in the first place, 'cause I loved Origins and had played and beat it about a week or so before the sequel (although I did have it from release), and hearing the amount of people that were disappointed in this game I just never picked it up. Also, are they going to make another Dragon Age? I'm not really all that interested in Dragon Age right now, but since I have the soundtrack to Origins, and rarely listen to it, I thought I would, and so I just made this thread.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mandude

I played it on PC, and from my experiences I can't say that a console wouldn't do it as much justice. The control system is extreamlined from Origins, so it shouldn't be a problem. Can't say which console would be better though. I suppose Xbox generally has the best performance out of the crossplatform games though.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JasonR86

@NTM:

I've only played it on the 360 and I didn't have any problems. I never had a glitch and, despite some occasionally compression artifacts in the videos, it looked really good too.

ChaosDent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ChaosDent

It plays fine on PS3 as well. Honestly though, I think it's best to just pretend it never existed.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

No real difference on the consoles. The PC obviously will run better and has a high resoultion texture pack for download. If your comparing strictly consoles... then no difference.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

It should play the same on both. There are demos available for both platforms, so why not try them?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@believer258 said:

It should play the same on both. There are demos available for both platforms, so why not try them?

I have tried them when they came out, and noticed differences, neither of of them I liked from a technical standpoint, but not sure if it's what the final product was like.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@NTM said:

@believer258 said:

I have tried them when they came out, and noticed differences, neither of of them I liked from a technical standpoint, but not sure if it's what the final product was like.

Then to Youtube you shall go!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.